Can you believe it, Summer is nearly over. We still can’t get over The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild from E3, but pretty soon we will have to return to normality, back to school, back to baggy trousers, that sort of thing. Luckily, we have one very last-minute organised trick up our sleeve to end Summer with a bang!
To top off the peak of Summer, we’d thought to host a new Splatoon tournament, the NintyBuzz Summer Splat-a-thon Supreme! We have actually already hosted this tournament before, back on 3DS Buzz Forums, before the big merge, last year. In the end, the member Pepe claimed victory and is chuffed with his Lucina Amiibo to top off his Fire Emblem series.
Check out all the info for this year after the break!
So, how will the tournament work? Assuming there are more than six competitors, there will be several qualifying rounds where teams of three will compete in Turf Wars against each other. The winning teams will move on until there are only six contestants left, where the tournament will progress to the Quarter Finals.
During the Quarter Finals, two teams of three will compete in three rounds of Turf War. This time round, a member from each team with the least contribution points will be eliminated from the competition. In the even of a tie, the amount of ‘deaths’ and ‘kills’ will determine which contestants will be eliminated. The remaining four will progress to the Semi Finals.
The Semi Finals will pit two teams of two in (up to) three rounds of Tower Control. The losing team will be eliminated, and the winning team will go onto the Finals.
The team in the Finals will be split, and will compete in (up to) three rounds of Tower Control. The winner, won’t only get that euphoric rush of pride, but they will also receive some eShop credit!
Registration is open right now, and the cut-off will be on Friday, 12th August 2016 at 6pm BST. There will be a limit of 30 people who can participate, so be sure to register ASAP. To register a place in the tournament, you need to be a member of NintyBuzz Forums (you can sign up in under two minutes and for free by clicking here) and have to comment here with your NNID.
Before you set off to register, be sure to read the following terms and conditions:
- Registration ends on Friday, 12th August 2016 at 6pm BST
- To register for a place, please make a comment on this post
- The tournament will begin soon after the cut-off, the exact date and time of each playoff will be discussed publicly on the discussion thread (click here)
- The player who comes in first at the end of the tournament will be declared the winner
- The 1st place winner will win £25/€25/$35/AUD $30 eShop Credit
- If there are more than one person who receives first place, a tiebreaker will be organised to deduce the official victor
- The 1st place winner will be contacted via Private Message on the forums
- If you do not reply within 48 hours, your prize will be offered to the runner up
- Any submitted content that contains spam or other inappropriate material will disqualify you from this competition
- Any sign of cheating will also disqualify you
- We also have the right to disqualify anyone from this, and future events, who have been banned during the tournament period
- If you are able to redeem eShop Credit from the following currencies, then you are eligible to win the 1st Place Prize:
- British Pound Sterling (£)
- Euro (€)
- US Dollars ($)
- Australian Dollars (AUD $)
- A code for the eShop Credit will be sent by Private Message
- We have the right to amend these terms without any notice
- Happy Splatting!