UPDATE – You have just over 24 hours to submit your nominations!
Another year is nearly over, and even though Nintendo has been a bit quieter with big releases compared to previous years, there were still a fair amount of games that deserve recognition.
The NintyBuzz Awards are back for 2016, and they are bigger than ever. There are now four new categories to vote in, and by nominating, you have a chance to win $50/£50 to spend on the Nintendo eShop!
Check out the categories and rules after the break!
The awards this year now start off with nominations. To nominate, register for a free NintyBuzz account here (if you haven’t done so already), then all you have to do is just go to the Nominations page, and post the title of the game you wish to nominate on each thread. Alternatively you can click here to go straight to the page!
Please only post Nintendo games (except the Non-Nintendo Game of the Year category) that have been released since September 1st 2015 (last year). You can only post one nomination in each category, if you post more than one, your most recent nominee will be counted. The threads have been set up so only I can see all the nominations. Nominations will close on the 25th December 2016 at 6pm GMT. Each valid nomination you make will add one entry into the prize draw!
Here are the categories for this year:
- Most Beautiful Game
- Best Story 2016
- Best Mario Game 2016
- Most Unique Game 2016
- Most Controversial Announcement/Release 2016
- Best Soundtrack 2016
- Most Anticipated Game 2016 (that releases in 2017)
- Nindie Game of the Year
- Virtual Console Game of the Year
- Nintendo 3DS Game of the Year
- Nintendo Wii U Game of the Year
- Overall Nintendo Game of the Year
As per usual for all our competitions, here are the Ts and Cs:
- Nominations will run from Monday, 5th December 2016 to Sunday, 25th December 2016 6pm GMT
- Voting will begin on Monday 26th December 2016 and will end on Friday 6th January 2017 at 6pm GMT
- To be eligible for the competition, you must be a registered user at NintyBuzz Forums, and you must nominate a game from a Nintendo console that was released after the 1st September 2015 (last year) and before the 1st January 2017 (next year) in at least one category
- The Most Anticipated Game nominations must be a game that is coming out after the 1st January 2017 (next year and beyond)
- Each valid nomination will add one entry to the prize draw
- Multiple accounts to enter are not allowed and will disqualify you
- Only one nomination from each user will be counted from each category, further nominations will void your previous ones
- The winners will be announced about a week after the closing date
- The prize is £50/$50/€50/CA$50 (if the Winner lives in Australia or New Zealand, I am more than happy to send a PayPal equivalent instead due to the lack of online outlets)
- If your regional eShop does not accept those currencies, we will not be able to send you your prize… sorry :'(
- One winner will be picked at random from those who have entered
- The winner will be contacted via Private Conversation on the forums
- If you do not reply within 48 hours, your prize will be offered to someone else
- Any submitted content that contains spam or other inappropriate material will disqualify you from this competition
- Any sign of cheating will also disqualify you
- We have the right to amend these terms without any notice
- Good Luck!
I am a huge Nintendo fan, hence why NintyBuzz exists. I especially love all things Zelda and Metroid. NintyBuzz was started by me back in the Summer of 2014, it started out mainly as a hobby, though the site has gradually grown, and I hope it grows for many years to come!