There was one game announcement at E3 this year that was particularly interesting, yet we haven’t really heard anything about it since the announcement. I am of course talking about Devil’s Third. Yesterday, Devil’s Third creator, Tomonobu Itagaki, shared some very interesting info regarding the game on the official Facebook page.
Check out what he had to say after the break!
I recently received lots of questions about Devil’s Third from my fans.
I’d like to speak about development status of Devil’s Third in my own words, to the extent that I am allowed.
- Devil’s Third is a strong fusion between action games and shooters.
- Devil’s Third development is going smoothly. In other words, we finished editing the closing movie the other day.
- Devil’s Third will be released next year. Nintendo has already announced this in their press release.
- The scale of Devil’s Third‘s story mode is greater than that of Ninja Gaiden.
- Devil’s Third demolishes the standard of past console games in online multiplayer.
- Almost all specifications I wanted to do were implemented. I got an up-close look at the great forerunners Call of Duty, Battlefield, Gears of War, and my beloved Halo. On that basis, we added completely new level of playability that only we can create.
- Anyone can enjoy this game; from casual gamers to hard-core gamers. Let me put it this way. You guys can throw a fun party, or can kill each other in realistic war. You can play your heart out.
- This is all I can disclose to you today. I can’t tell you when the war will begin. It’s the way the world goes. I really want to tell you more, my fans waiting with crushing frustration.
It’s rough on a man!
Well, be patient just a little longer. Don’t miss it!
Unfortunately, not a lot can be said about the actual game, though apparently it could be very close to the end of development, so it is probably safe to assume that we will see a Q2 2015 release. I’m definitely interested in how Devil’s Third will exclude itself from the online of other games. I also hope that Devil’s Third can change gamer’s opinions on Nintendo and mature games as well as third parties.
Are you looking forward to Devil’s Third? Tell us in the comments below!
Source – Gematsu
I am a huge Nintendo fan, hence why NintyBuzz exists. I especially love all things Zelda and Metroid. NintyBuzz was started by me back in the Summer of 2014, it started out mainly as a hobby, though the site has gradually grown, and I hope it grows for many years to come!