Fortnite is the game that just keeps on giving. The battle royale title has been updated to 5.21, adding two new LTMs and even a new sniper weapon.
The new legendary and epic weapon, the Heavy Sniper, has been added to the growing range of Fortnite weaponry. The heavy sniper takes a while to reload, but surely this should give you enough time to gloat with the devastating blow you just dealt… assuming you are unlike me and actually hit someone with a sniper. The heavy sniper can deal 150/157 damage to someone, which could easily deal a one hit KO to an unsuspecting victim.
The first new LTM (Limited Time Mode for those who are unaware) is actually a revamped version of a recently retired mode, 50 vs 50. This version emphasises on mobility, which has led to the ability to deploy your glider mid-match… assuming you are more than 10m in the air of course. Maybe this will save you from a falling death this time.
The second LTM is the return of the Sniper Shootout mode. For those who do not know, this mode is played entirely using sniper… basically, I would be horrible at it. The only change this time is that the scoped assault rifle has been replaced in favour for the heavy sniper.
As usual, you can find all those juicy patch notes after the break!
LIMITED TIME MODE: SOARING 50’S
This mode is a twist on the traditional 50 vs 50 mode, featuring an extra emphasis on mobility. Gliders can be re-deployed when falling from large heights. Additional Impulse Grenades, Bounce Pads, and Launch Pads will be spawned throughout the map. Jump in and soar to new heights!
- 50v50 loot, ammo and resource levels
- When in mid-air and greater than 10m up, press Jump to deploy your glider
- Added Impulse Grenades to chests at double the standard spawn rate
- Added Impulse Grenades to floor loot
- Decreased Spike Trap spawn chances
- Increased Launch Pad & Bounce Pad spawn chances
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are not tracked in this mode.
LIMITED TIME MODE: SNIPER SHOOTOUT
In this limited time mode, players will do battle using sniper rifles. May the best aim win!
- Scoped Assault Rifles have been removed.
- The Heavy Sniper Rifle has been added.
- Only weapon drops are Sniper Rifles.
- Floor Loot spawns reduced by 50%.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Heavy Sniper added
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Each shot delivers devastating damage at the cost of a long reload.
- Deals 150/157 damage to players.
- These large rounds deal increased damage (1050/1100) to buildings.
- Projectiles fired from the Heavy Sniper have less bullet drop in comparison to other Snipers.
- Minigun headshot multiplier has been reduced from 2.5 to 1.5.
- Grenades now properly grant progress for the Week 5 Challenge: “Deal damage to players with a Clinger, Stink Bomb, or Grenade.”
ART + ANIMATION
- Cloth physics have been fixed and will now appear properly.
SAVE THE WORLD
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- Weekly Horde Challenge – Bullet Proof Husks
- Features bulletproof enemies that must be defeated with melee weapons, traps, or Hero abilities.
- One time completion Quest Reward
- 1500 Gold
- Repeatable quest reward
- 75 Tickets
- Removed the Power Rating restrictions on Challenge the Horde missions.
- These restrictions were blocking some players from accessing the Weekly Challenge Missions even though their Power Level was at the necessary level.
- Fixed an issue where the modifier between Challenge the Horde missions wasn’t appearing between waves.
- The Constructor Leadership quest will no longer fail to advance when purchasing the skill tree node.
- Atlas activation has been fixed in multi-gate Fight the Storm missions.
- Track completion now advances the mission properly in Level 28 Deliver the Bomb.
- Survivors and quest items no longer appear as orange boxes in the world.
- New Constructor Machinist: Thora added to the Event Store.
- Available Wednesday, August 15th at 8pm ET.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Rocket Launchers to take up a large portion of the screen.
Experiencing issues updating, logging in or crashing in Fortnite? Reach out here.
SOURCE – Epic Games
I am a huge Nintendo fan, hence why NintyBuzz exists. I especially love all things Zelda and Metroid. NintyBuzz was started by me back in the Summer of 2014, it started out mainly as a hobby, though the site has gradually grown, and I hope it grows for many years to come!