1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Your Favorite Animated TV Shows

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Lis4Real25, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    What are your favorite animated TV shows? These can be shows you watched when you were younger or shows you watch now and can be 2D animated, 3D animated, or even anime.

Gravity Falls
    [​IMG]
    I watched this show a little when it first started, but didn't give it as much attention as others. Only here recently have I went through and watched all the episodes and really got into. The humor is fantastic, especially with Soos and Mable, and the main story keeps you guessing. It's a terrific show.

Steven Universe
    [​IMG]
    It's probably no secret I have an obsession with this show. And for a good reason, it's everything that I have ever wanted from an animated TV show. It has wonderful humor, a beautiful art style, an amazing soundtrack, well developed characters that you truly care about, and a story that keeps you guessing and really makes you feel the pain that the characters are going through. More people need to watch this show and give it a chance, it's obviously made with so much love and heart put into it. There are so many cool ideas that go into this show. It's one of the few shows I've watched that has changed the way I view older episodes because of what is revealed in newer episodes. It's an animated show that's able to convey so many emotions in the viewer. It'll make you laugh, it'll make you hate the villains, it'll make you cry for the hardships of the characters, and it'll make you believe in Steven. :)

Over the Garden Wall
    [​IMG]
    This was a mini-series that aired last year. What caused me to watch it was the old timey feel to it. It takes a lot of inspiration from old school animated shorts and has a very old school Grimm Fairy Tale like art style. There are only 10 episodes with each at about 11 minutes. But within those 10 episodes they are able to tell a really powerful story. The writing is wonderful and the voice cast is top notch with people like Christopher Lloyd and Elijah Wood. Although it is short, it is much like Steven Universe in that after watching it, you'll want to watch it again since the older episodes have a bigger meaning to them after you watch the series the first time. There is a ton of really well done symbolism and great messages to the series. Definitely check it out if you have never seen it. It's short, so there really isn't an excuse not to. :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Lis4Real25, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  2. BIG MIKE

King Croacus

79%
    FMA: Brotherhood
    [​IMG]

Code Geass
    [​IMG]

Date A Live
    [​IMG]

Now for stuff that isn't Japanese...

Totally Spies
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Doopliss

Doopliss Sylph Of Space
    Ms. Mowz

30%
    Gravity Falls most certainly. There are just so many good episodes and so many good jokes in that show that make the show very entertaining. Honestly, there is not a single bad, even really just "okay" episode of that show.

4. XAIXER

Admiral Bobbery

30%
    Can I be weird and say Scooby-Doo? :p

5. Vagrant Son

I love everything in Cartoon Networks thursday night line up.
    I've really gotten into Steven Universe lately

Lis4Real25 likes this.
  6. Homer Fanboy

Flint Cragley

93%
    The Simpsons is my all time favorite of course! :p I also like King of the Hill and Futurama a lot. And a ton more that I'm forgetting

XAIXER likes this.
  7. Doopliss

Doopliss Sylph Of Space
    Ms. Mowz

30%
    [​IMG]
    Forgot to mention Rick and Morty.

Zok likes this.
  8. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    I love how their is an Easter Egg on that show that ties it to Gravity Falls. :p

9. XAIXER

Admiral Bobbery

30%
    Looney Toons! Family Guy! Simpsons! Robot Chicken!

Homer Fanboy likes this.
  10. Homer Fanboy

Flint Cragley

93%
    Ohh I forgot about Robot Chicken!!

11. XAIXER

Admiral Bobbery

30%
    Finstones too :p

12. RioSkyron

Sushie

40%
    This show isn't on anymore, but I really liked Young Justice.

[​IMG]
    --- merged ---
    So I'm bet you are glad I got you into that.

#12 RioSkyron, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
    BIG MIKE likes this.
  13. Zok

Zok
    Francis

40%
    Spongebob Squarepants

Squidward Tennisballs

14. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%

15. Riukkuyo

I had gotten behind on both Gravity Falls and Steven Universe, but now I super pumped for the next season of Gravity Falls! And thanks to that episode, "A Story for Steven" I believe it got me back into the series :)

16. David S

Goombella

This might be a bit embarrassing. But Scooby-Doo is my favorite. I used to love it when I was a kid and I still do now. They have made a lot of shows, and a lot of movies, which is great. My favorite character is Shaggy because he is food mad and scared of the ghosts!

17. Aries

Madame Flurrie

A couple are:

South Park
    Adventure Time
    Clarence
    Steven Universe
    Rick and Morty