1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Yoshi's Trading Post Open for Business

Discussion in 'Website Feedback + Community' started by triforceguy1, Aug 1, 2016.

1. triforceguy1

Staff Member Flint Cragley

52%
    Hello fellow buzzers!

I have some rather exciting news to share. This past week, I have been busy configuring a brand new system to help engage activity on the forum. Some of you may have noticed already what is in place, but I am happy to announce that our brand new forum shop, Yoshi's Trading Post, is open for business!

[​IMG]

Yoshi's Trading Post is a new shop that sell a range of unique and interesting items which can be bought using Melons, the forum currency. You can earn Melons in various ways, such as posting, creating threads, and participating in community events.

But what kind of items are sold in the shop? These items range from cool effects to use on the forums, such a username colours, and profile music, to eShop Credit, merchandise, and even full retail games!

There are plenty other features too! You can bank your Melons to earn interest, purchase lottery tickets for a chance to win big, and even redeem special vouchers for more Melons!

Also, if you really want to rack up those Melons, and support NintyBuzz on the way, you can purchase Melons using real money! You do not have to use this option at all, but it would help support NintyBuzz by partly funding hosting, premium add-ons, and prizes for competitions, you'll also receive a commemorative trophy as and extra thank you!

Though the shop doesn't have a lot of items for sale right now, we hope to beef up the inventory over the coming months. If you need any more help with how the shop works, click here to see our informative help pages, or feel free to ask any questions you have here!

Oh, I did have one more little treat up my sleeve! To thank all the members who have stayed with me from the transition from 3DS Buzz to NintyBuzz, there is an exclusive Melon Code which can be redeemed by everyone who registered before the move. Just go to the Melon Code Redemption page, and input the code 'BULLETBILL' for 1000 Melons!

Now, go get that retail therapy, and until next time,
    Keep on Buzzin'!

The NintyBuzz Team!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 triforceguy1, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  2. Homer Fanboy

Flint Cragley

93%
    When I got the notif on the screen, I thought we were hacked again :p

This sounds really cool! What a neat idea.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. triforceguy1

52%
    haha

And thank you very much, thought it would be a good incentive to keep members active. Once I get more money, I'll be putting more goodies on too :D

4. rz3300

Goombella

Well it looks like I am going to have to do some browsing around to see what they have to offer. Thank you for sharing the good news with us though, and I have to say that I love the idea and the concept, especially when you can get games. Looks like something I will keep in the background as some extra motivation. Thanks again for sharing.

5. Blarg

Blarg I didn't like it, I...loved it!
    Squirps

90%
    [​IMG]

6. Matty Brapps

Matty Brapps Butter Criminal
    Francis

42%
    how do I get rid of these notifications

7. RedBomber

Merlee

42%
    It's only a single daily notification. :/

8. Matty Brapps

Francis

42%
    its annoying

9. RedBomber

Merlee

42%
    One single daily notification that only shows up if you actually come online. It''s not like they stack up.

Dismissed with a simple click and yet it has the ability to annoy someone.

#9 RedBomber, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2016
  10. Matty Brapps

Francis

42%
    why wont anyone tell me how do disable this

11. triforceguy1

52%
    It isn't disable-able on a per user basis unfortunately, only board wide. As no-one else has complained about it, I will not be disabling it at this time.

Also, please be nicer to other members rather than outright insulting them. Deleted the offending post/s

Matty Brapps and RedBomber like this.
  12. CragleyHo

Kooper

33%
    nice
    --- Post updated ---
    I entered the code, says it was entered okay, but never got the melons )):

13. triforceguy1

52%
    That's because the Coe can only be redeemed by those who had a 3DS Buzz account (before we took over)
    As for the misleading notification, I too find it annoying and have requested it to be changed by the developers of the plugin at some point, though you will receive a PM or an alert if the code is valid :)