1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

The Proposition for Revival

Discussion in 'Website Feedback + Community' started by triforceguy1, Jan 25, 2016.

1. triforceguy1

Staff Member Flint Cragley

52%
    Hello everyone!

Okay, so me an Adam have been discussing a few things, and we have found one thing which could work out well. At the moment, Adam is currently busy on other projects outside of Buzz, but he said he wouldn’t mind making Buzz more NX or general Nintendo orientated. He then went on to say that he wouldn’t mind if I were to take over the forum and redo the news site of things, but we agreed that we would only do this if the current regulars are happy about this decision.

Now, if this were to happen, I would merge my other site, NintyBuzz, with 3DS Buzz. The benefit of this is that I already have loads of articles up on NB as well as a game review copy deal with Nintendo of Europe. For now, we would likely keep the 3DS Buzz domain and keep both sites on different servers, but this is only because I am not quite certain or confident on how to perform a merger and keep all the content on both sites as well as the costs, though I would plan on eventually doing a proper merge if this were to happen. I would still consider Adam as the owner of the website and I will always give him the chance to make the final say.

This could also be an opportunity to branch out further in the Nintendo world as well as bring back articles in full force, including news. I will make sure that the website is very reader/user orientated and everyone can have a chance at writing reader articles to a certain extent.

This all comes down to you however. If you are happy with this, then please reply saying so, if not, please also reply making sure you explain why and what other ideas you may have.

Leon

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Blarg

Blarg I didn't like it, I...loved it!
    Squirps

90%
    I am happy with these proposals, thanks for the work you guys have already put in and thanks for any more in advance :) I think general Nintendo is a good idea, but we can always create an NX section, maybe putting it at the top of the forum or something.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Homer Fanboy

Flint Cragley

93%
    Yeah I'm totally okay with this. Do it. I think most people would be okay with this.

Thanks for not giving up on Buzz. :n64:

4. Matty Brapps

Matty Brapps Butter Criminal
    Francis

42%
    I'm only ok with this if we make blarg admin

Blarg, Famicom3DS and BRAINFOG like this.
  5. Famicom3DS

Famicom3DS A knight who says Ni

Yeah I'm fine with this, sounds like a good idea.

6. BRAINFOG

Hm.. I think the name change is cool but why nintendo articles? I don't see that as a wow factor to joining a community. We had the most people in the forum when we had pokemon stuff and e3, what does this mean? I dunno i just woke up.

Personally I think we should change some of our stupid gimmicks, like we're all adults here now and this isnt a website approved by nintendo, let us have more freedom. (even though the mods here are kinda lenient.) let us say Boom-Boom and Boom-Boom and not get in trouble only cause we aren't spiteful. and let us have more community related events.

Like homerfanboys create your own pokemon contest. that was really fun. and please dont make it where we need physical prizes.. fake like custom badges for the forums or something like that is good enough.
    Anyways i have more fun in here when we talk about conferences and when we have fun contests. stop trying making this a kids website.. it just makes me not want to come back

cadjr2003, BoTalksGames, Sayj and 3 others like this.
  7. Homer Fanboy

Flint Cragley

93%
    I 100% agree with all of this. We should just have a profanity filter that you can turn on / off. Win / win. Let parents parent their children.

And yeah create a pokemon was fun!! I'll probably start that up again on the new site/rebranded site.

XAIXER likes this.
  8. RioSkyron

Sushie

40%
    This sounds like an amazing idea. I completely support it. Especially considering this place is my happy place. If I'm ever having a hard time, this place always manages to cheer me up.

9. RedBomber

Merlee

42%
    I'm down for this as long as your getting and using feedback from the current regular members.

There's a lot of clever minds on here and sometimes it's always great to look at things from another perspective.

With that being said anything that can help our community is a great idea. So best of luck, if you need anything don't be afraid to ask.

10. XAIXER

Admiral Bobbery

30%
    These are some amazing ideas! I'm happy to help out with editing for articles as well as modding. (I already know how Xenforo works and I am pretty active).

11. Amy

Amy
    Lakilester

60%
    Really, all you need to do is export the table of the NintyBuzz database and import it to your database on 3DSBuzz, then rename the table and all its columns to match the names the 3DSBuzz articles search for when making a query in the database. This shouldn't be too hard, although I didn't setup this site so I can't foresee any strange quarks it may have. A lot of people these days use website builders and online hosters, and don't have access to the host machine directly, which can sometimes cause a problem, although it depends on who is hosting it and whether their service is garbage or not, or whether the website builder uses a proper database or some strange custom database. Most modern services like this these days tend to be decent, though, so I don't expect that to be a problem.

12. triforceguy1

52%
    I was actually thinking about that a few hours after I posted here. Not too long ago I was dealing with database errors so I got used to making backups of the database and stuff

To everyone else, I will keep all your ideas in mind

13. Amy

Amy
    Lakilester

60%
    Good, good, backups are an important thing, something that would've been really useful when it happened.

14. triforceguy1

52%
    Adam said that the automated backup thing wasn't working properly recently, though hopefully it's fixed now

15. windguardian114

Bombette

83%
    Awesome! Looking up to these changes if they can bring more people in to discuss about Nintendo games :)
    Do it and thanks for ideas like this one!

16. Sayj

Ms. Mowz

45%
    I'm happy for the change but please make it adult friendly too. Sometimes things get out of hand here not making me want to come back. I love this forum and have made great friends here. Please let it be less of kids playground and more of an all rounder. Thankies

17. Wii600

Yoshi

38%
    Yes im totally ok with this i personally miss the news portion a ton so it would be exciting to have that back, so yea im all for it :D

18. Blarg

Squirps

90%
    I've tried researching this and didn't find much as far as software etc. so I don't think it's possible, but what about merging forums together? We'd find small to medium-sized Nintendo forums and offer them a lifeline, creating NintyBuzz Forum and giving activity an instant explosion.

And regarless of what is done, I think changing the name from 3DS Buzz to NintyBuzz Forum is essential. But that's probably in the pipeline already

19. triforceguy1

52%
    NintyBuzz never had forums

20. Blarg

Squirps

90%
    I never said it did :p

21. triforceguy1

52%
    Then what's the whole merging forums together thing hHa

22. Blarg

Squirps

90%
    I suggested we scour the world wide web for small and medium-sized forums to merge with us, and these several forums together would be known as NintyBuzz Forum.

23. triforceguy1

52%
    I don't think many people would be willing to give up ownership of their own forums to be honest. And the ones which are dead would be impossible to contact the owners

24. triforceguy1

52%
    Actually, one forum that might be worth seeing if they want to merge may be thewiiu.com though I'm not sure if Feld0 would be willing to give it up... Or if you can even contact him

25. Homer Fanboy

Flint Cragley

93%
    NX Buzz to catch the hype is better than Ninty Buzz forums.

XAIXER likes this.
  26. TheHeroOfTime97

Vivian

75%
    I'm in! As long as we have the same people!

27. Mae Tallick

Lakilester

50%
    I swear Feld0 has fell of the face of the earth. I've tried to contact him a couple of times and its virtually impossible to reach him, because as far as I'm aware he's insanely busy.

As far as I know, he's pretty much handed over conrol of Wii U forums because the pony stuff all got so big.

28. triforceguy1

52%
    Nope, he didn't seem to hand the forum over to anyone, only make someone the main admin, but even then he can't really do anything without Feld0

Apparently he is a little more contactable on Twitter, so I may try to contact him there

29. Mr. L

Mr. L The Green Thunder Buttocks
    Flint Cragley

92%
    I'm fine with this as long as nintybuzz becomes a part of 3ds buzz, not 3dsbuzz becoming a part of nintybuzz.

If 3dsbuzz becomes too radically different it will lose its charm and appeal which it created and developed for the last 6 years.

BoTalksGames likes this.
  30. triforceguy1

52%
    It will become part of NintyBuzz but it will still keep it's charm, the name doesn't change that.

Also, I was actually able to contact Feld, and he actually seemed fairly interested wit a merge of these forums and the forums at thewiiu.com, he just needs to consider some things first

Blarg, Mae Tallick and XAIXER like this.