1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. After eight glorious years of 3DS Buzz/NintyBuzz forums, unfortunately the forums will be shutting down soon.

Thank you everyone for the fantastic memories you helped to make throughout all those years. More details to follow.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

The Movie discussion thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Pink Tiger Stripes, May 12, 2012.

1. Pink Tiger Stripes

What's the latest movie that you've seen?

Just like the 'what game are you playing' thread! I love movies more than video games, so please answer!

I just saw Eagle Eye a few days ago. Yes, older, but it was SO good!! Had me tearing up at the end :oops:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Matty Brapps

Matty Brapps Butter Criminal
    Francis

42%
    The Wild Wild West.

[​IMG]

Woo.
    Confederate-Steampunk spiders!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    LuigiIs4Real25 likes this.
  3. Pink Tiger Stripes

Was it good, Hunthe? Should I get it off netlix?

Just saw the Matrix last night (yes, for the first time lol). It was okay. The last 30 minutes was pretty sweet. Not sure if it will go in my collection yet.

4. triforceguy1

Staff Member Flint Cragley

52%
    Watching Puppet Master, not too sure what to expect, all I know is it's a horror movie puppets to die for... literally...

5. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    Watched La Bamba and the Help a few days ago and Forest Gump in History class.

6. Homer Fanboy

Flint Cragley

93%
    Just watched The Hot Chick, haha. It was hilarious. Great cast. Really funny. I recommend it. :D

7. triforceguy1

52%
    I watched that a week a go, it's okay I suppose, really thought the pillow fight was funny

Homer Fanboy likes this.
  8. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    That's the movie with Rob Schineder right? Think I have seen it.

Homer Fanboy likes this.
  9. triforceguy1

52%
    Okay, just finished watching Puppet Master and I have to say I was kinda disappointed with it, although I do have to bear in mind that it was created in the 80's but I don't think it has aged that well.

It was okay, but I think I saw much more potential for this. First of all the actual horror bits were quite short, to me, it started out slow and then when they got to the apparently scary scenes it went quickly, almost like they were slacking off in the beginning then rushed the end. Pretty much, all the scary bits were in the trailer which made everything rather predictable which really peed me off :(

Overall I would give Puppet Master a 4 out of 10
    It had an interesting narrative but the producers could've been more creative with it

10. Pink Tiger Stripes

Never heard of Puppet Master, but it sounds like Dead Silence which I can't ever watch again - talking dolls is just too scary for me :oops:
    Forest Gump was great!
    And Hot Chick was really funny - great recommendation. Just don't recommend it to Zok. He hates all the good comedies :rolleyes:

11. Pazzie

Squirps

80%
    I watched these three films last week......Drive (abit boring in places). Along Came Polly (old film, but very funny in places). Twilight Saga Part One (brilliant series)

12. Pink Tiger Stripes

I looked up the trailer for Drive. Did you like it? It looks pretty good, but looks like the told the entire story in the trailer lol. That's not a good sign.

I "watched" Life As We Know It last night. I don't like romantic comedies, but I do like Katherine Heigl, so gave it a try. I think I lasted 10 mins before I had to turn it off lol. CORNY!

13. triforceguy1

52%
    Gona have a screening of Pan's Labyrinth in Film Studies, looking forward to it
    Really love Guillermo Del Toro (I think that's how it is spelt lol)

14. Kiba

I would watch at least the second Matrix, the first one is a tad boring because it is the first one but the other two are pretty good.
    Drive was an alright movie, it is a VERY quiet and nothing you really see today kind of movie. It has some gore/blood in it that was very unpredictable but still.

I saw the Avengers two weekends ago. I saw it twice and it was good, some funny parts and I like Iron Man so I enjoyed it.

15. Pazzie

Squirps

80%
    It got good reviews from people who had watched it, but it I wouldn't rate it very high. My partner enjoyed it, partly because there are some good driving scenes in it.
    --- merged: May 17, 2012 1:10 PM ---
    I found it difficult to understand The Matrix, lol. A very good action film though.

16. triforceguy1

52%
    Okay, I nearly cried at the end of Pan's Labyrinth, it's weird because it's kinda a mixture of a happy and sad ending, but it was still quite emotional

All of the Misé-en-Scene was beautiful even though a lot of it was kinda disturbing, such as a Gigantic Toad literally vomitting out his stomach. The cinematography was also very good. It included a range of genres including Period Drama, Horror, Thriller and it even includes a tiny bit of Comedy and Romance.

It also had a multi-strand narrative which I wasn't actually expecting but it was still brilliant

17. Pink Tiger Stripes

Love those! :cool:

K so I'll be passing on Drive, lol! Thanks guys

And I am getting the next two Matrix then!

18. BRAINFOG

just watched human centipede! i liked how 'unique' it is.

SuperMaddud and Soupaface like this.
  19. Pink Tiger Stripes

Was it good though? Yuck I've seen the cover art on it in the past.

20. BRAINFOG

naahh its not good, it aims on making the view get a reaction hahaah! its cute though! (not really)

SuperMaddud and sureshot like this.
  21. Pazzie

Squirps

80%
    I really want to see Dark Shadows the one with Johnny Depp in it. If anyone has seen this film, is it any good. I would also like to watch The Woman In Black, and I would if I knew it wouldn't scare me.

22. Iceddragon2298

I just watched "Instant Swamp a few days ago.

23. Pink Tiger Stripes

I haven't seen Dark Shadows or Instant Swamp, so can't comment on those. This weekend we watched Pitch Black. It was pretty slow and a little confusing for the first hour. But after that it was pretty good! Can't spoil it in case someone watches it, but just can't believe what happened at the end...

24. SUPERDARKPITMINION

Sushie

25%
    dark shadows is awesome!!!If you are going to see it your in for........a should be rated a bit higher treat.

25. Pink Tiger Stripes

Is this anime?

26. Pazzie

Squirps

80%
    Great, I can't wait to watch this.

27. Scourge11

The Blind side

Jalm8487 likes this.
  28. Pazzie

Squirps

80%
    No, here's a clip........

--- merged: May 21, 2012 9:02 PM ---
    I was going to watch this until I heard it was sad.

29. Scourge11

yeah it was pretty sad. But it was interesting at the same time.

30. Soupaface

Squirps

90%
    Just watched "The Usual Suspects" and "Se7en" back to back, and now I think I've filled my 'mmmmmmmmm....YEAH, that's the stuff....' quota for this week. I think Se7en was the more interesting film from beginning to end, while The Usual Suspects just had a truly satisfying (and still to this day unique...somehow) end to it all that causes it to be one of my most rewatchable movies of all time. I was pretty much assured that both movies would be great since I choose them off of IMDB's top 250 films list, which I think is what I'll be using now to choose the movies I watch next week; in fact I think I'll continue to do that until I've seen them all...
    :triforce: