1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please log in or create an account to disable this advertisement.

3. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Stranger Things Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by triforceguy1, Jul 27, 2016.

1. triforceguy1

Staff Member Flint Cragley

52%
    Hello,

Stranger Things is a Netflix Sci-Fi/Horror/Thriller/Drama TV show which revolves around the mysterious disappearance of a local boy and the appearance of a strange girl with special powers.

Let's use this thread to discuss it :)

I loved it and can't wait for the next season... Though I do admit I slept with the lights on for a few nights because of it.
    I loved all the little throwbacks to 80's film and TV, heck, even the banner art on Netflix has that stylisation!
    I love how the monster was actually (most of the time) a guy in a suit with animatronic parts, I love it when TV and movies use practical effects like that! And just look at the opening credits

I'm just going to put some spoilers here for those who have seen the entire first season. If you want to open that spoiler, watch the damn show :p

Do you think Nancy should've gotten back with Steve? That's a hard question for me, though reading an interview on variety did open things up a bit. Apparently he was supposed to be a douchebag straight to the end, but they loved how the actor portrayed the character so much, they rewrote the character a bit and asked, "What if he was just in the wrong group?" Anyone else can't wait until his 'friends' get visited by PetalHead?

Why do you think the Sherrif was leaving those eggo in that box (leggo my eggo... sorry, couldn't exist)? I see two reasonings behind this. Either Hopps feels guilty and remorse for selling El. out, or maybe he knows something we don't. Maybe El is still alive and he is trying to get her attention.

How exactly did PetalHead's world exist? Has it always existed right under our noses, or was there some deeper conspiracy that created the world and/or PetalHead?

What's happening with Will? He spits out a slug at the end, so something must be up... kinda reminds me of Slither. It is obvious that he is unique. We don't know much about PetalHead's world, so it is possible that the atmosphere is toxic to humans, hence the radiation suits. But I think there's something more to the story. Like I said, Will must be unique, how do I know this? Every time the monster grabbed someone, it was game over man, game over, but not for Will. True, he was hiding away, but still, the monster seems like it should be able to outrun a kid. Why didn't PetalHead kill him when it broke into Wills hideout on the Upsidedown? Instead he was stuck to the wall of the Upsidedown school with a tentacle in his mouth, á la Alien. Remember when Hopps found that hatched egg? I think that tentacle actually acted like an umbilical cord of sorts and that there are little PetalHeads incubating inside of him... once again, á la Alien.

It should be interesting to see how the series progresses in the currently unannounced second season.

What do you think?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PandaStripe

Lakilester

70%
    I just started watching this last night with my parents!! I found it super intriguing, and intense. I can't wait to watch more. It certainly makes you want to come back for more!

As a side note, those kids are pretty much living my dad's childhood, what with all the D&D lmao

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    triforceguy1 likes this.
  3. Blarg

Blarg I didn't like it, I...loved it!
    Squirps

90%
    Watched the first episode yesterday.

Twas decent. Will watch second episode (maybe third too) tonight.

But the best TV show will ALWAYS be MTV SCREAM!!

triforceguy1 likes this.
  4. Matty Brapps

Matty Brapps Butter Criminal
    Francis

42%
    good show i watched it

triforceguy1 likes this.
  5. Zok

Zok
    Francis

40%
    I haven't watched the show.

I'm listening to the music and similar music from the same composers.

6. RedBomber

Merlee

42%
    Just finished this show recently! I was hooked and just couldn't stop watching.

Only part I disliked was the "antagonists" the little kids had to deal with but regardless of that I loved the story. Also didn't like how a certain innocent character died, but I guess there had to be causalities to make it more intense.

Reminded me of an old 80s movie but with today's quality. It was honestly very well made. The mother's acting in my opinion was phenomenal. I'd recommend it to those who haven't seen it. A solid 8/10.

7. triforceguy1

52%
    Do you mean

Barb? If so, they killed her off so there's more sense of danger, that no one is really safe

The mother was played by Winona Rider. Also, did you know the girl who played Eleven is British, born in Spain, and moved to US? :)

8. RedBomber

Merlee

42%
    Yes. Also how do you do spoilers again? Couldn't find it when I was posting, thought it was the money thing whatever that is :p

Winona Ryder is an amazing actress, hope to see her in more stuff. Actor for Eleven did amazing as well. She's very talented. :D

9. triforceguy1

52%
    Just use the [*spoiler][*/spoiler] tags (without the *)

Also, I think Winona Rider has been in a lot of stuff, including the original Beetlejuice

10. RedBomber

Merlee

42%
    I mean in the future, I hope to see her in more stuff.
    --- Post updated ---
    Hyped for Season 2! Can't wait to see what they come up with this time.

11. Aries

Madame Flurrie

Stranger Things has to be my favorite show out right now. The 80s nostalgia is great and the story line is even better. I am hooked.

12. triforceguy1

52%
    Can't wait for season 2 now

13. Blarg

Blarg I didn't like it, I...loved it!
    Squirps

90%
    I was so hyped for it...until "Halloween" came up.
    It's fine if you're an established series, but I don't care enough about Stranger Things yet to be bothered to wait all that time.
    Gap between S1 and S2 seems too far...but we'll see. I'll watch it (and probably enjoy it) anyway.

It did have charm, character and a very individual 'style' and I hope they maintain it this time around.

14. Aries

Madame Flurrie

It takes time to shoot and edit a show.