1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please log in or create an account to disable this advertisement.

3. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Remove Inactive Users (2 years+?)

Discussion in 'Website Feedback + Community' started by Konata, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Konata

Konata 420 MLGs/h
    Sushie

20%
    Send mass-email to all of about 12,000 accounts that haven't logged in in over 2 years. If they don't click the link in their email within 90 days their account will be lost. This will lighten the server load and increase available storage. (important?)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. triforceguy1

Staff Member Flint Cragley

52%
    My server can only send a maximum of 400 emails per 12 hours... not to mention a lot of the accounts probably have invalid emails haha

It may take a while

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Blarg

Blarg I didn't like it, I...loved it!
    Squirps

90%
    I guess you don't understand how many iconic members from Buzz past we would lose if we did that.
    Not a good idea IMO.

4. Soupaface

Squirps

90%
    Is the server actually in need of lessoning the load that badly? If so I think removing those inactive accounts is better than removing super old inactive threads but only if it's reeeaaally needed.

5. Mr. L

Mr. L The Green Thunder Buttocks
    Flint Cragley

92%
    I remember for ages I'd go through the birthday list each day and would delete all the accounts that didn't make a single post on the site, didn't have an avatar, and didn't have any activity past the day they first created the account. Probably deleted 2,000 or so tbh.

6. Klobb

Klobb SuperMaddud alt
    Merlee

75%
    No just get rid of Mr. L