1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. After eight glorious years of 3DS Buzz/NintyBuzz forums, unfortunately the forums will be shutting down soon.

Thank you everyone for the fantastic memories you helped to make throughout all those years. More details to follow.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Ranking Studio Ghibli Films

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by GenerlaCraezy, Feb 22, 2015.

1. GenerlaCraezy

Merlee

17%
    I started watching them around a month ago, I loved my first one (Princess Mononoke) and I've pretty much watched them all now (excluding the two most recent ones, and a couple others I can't remember the names of).

I know that everyone has a different opinion on what's the best and all that, so I was wondering what you guys thought as well ^_^

What's your favourite to least favourite Studio Ghibli Film? (including pre-ghibli films)

1. Porco Rosso
    2. Princess Mononoke
    3. Castle In the Sky
    4. Tales from Earthsea
    5. The Castle of Cagliostro
    6. Spirited Away
    7. Howl's Moving Castle
    8. Kiki's Delivery Service
    9. The Secret World of Arrietty
    10. The Wind Rises
    11. My Neighbour Totoro
    12. Ponyo
    13. The Cat Returns
    14. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
    15. From Up on Poppy Hill
    16. Whisper of the Heart
    17. Grave of the Fireflies
    18. Pom Poko

That's hard T_T

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    Well I still have a bunch to watch but I'll rank the ones I watched.

1.Kiki's Delivery Service
    2.Castle in the Sky
    3. Howl's Moving Castle
    4.Ponyo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GenerlaCraezy

Merlee

17%
    Watch Porco Rosso and Princess Mononoke, they're amazing ^_^

4. Kiba

You didn't like Ponyo?!? Its sooo good and nice looking on blu ray! Also just recently watched Tales from Earthsea and I really liked it!

5. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    It's not that I didn't like it, it's just I like the others I've saw better.

6. Kiba

I've seen those except Castle on the sky. I liked Ponyo more then Kikis.

7. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    KiKi's the one I grew up watching(I still have the VHS of it. :p) So I'm a little biased towards it. Castle in the Sky is really good.

Kiba likes this.
  8. Mr. L

Mr. L The Green Thunder Buttocks
    Flint Cragley

92%
    I've only seen Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away completely. I didn't really like either of them..

I've seen around 40 minutes of The Cat Returns and thought it was pretty good of what I watched :D I also really want to watch my neighbour Totoro!

9. GenerlaCraezy

Merlee

17%
    Same response as Lis :p

Watch Porco Rosso and Princess Mononoke! They're a lot different to HMC and SA. You'll probably like Castle in the Sky, Tales from Earthsea and The Castle of Cagliostro too ^_^ ... So all my top picks :p

10. PandaStripe

Lakilester

70%
    Of the ones I've watched so far, I think Ponyo, and Howl's Moving Castle are my two favourites. Spirited Away is also up there too. I've watched others, of course, but the 3 I just mentioned just blew me away.

11. GenerlaCraezy

Merlee

17%
    @Mr. Fuego I wonder what your favourite is... :rolleyes::p

12. Mr. L

Mr. L The Green Thunder Buttocks
    Flint Cragley

92%
    It's definitely not Kiki's Delivery Service, that's for sure.

13. Mr. Fuego

Ms. Mowz

60%
    It's hard to figure out, isn't it? :p
    (Well, it actually kinda would be now since I (temporarily) changed my avatar.)