1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please log in or create an account to disable this advertisement.

3. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Paper mario 3ds

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Dannyboy, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Dannyboy

OK Lately I have been going through what games have been confirmed and now I am on paper mario so I want to know what you want included in it. It can be anything go wild with it. :) :cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. chris

Does anyone not think this game might be a bit wierd? Paper is 2d but since this will be in 3d how will they work it out. I dont understand it at all

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GYNGA

Why it should be weird? You think that 2D games (from side) can't be in 3D? I think one objects will be closer to us, and the others farer. I haven't really played Paper Mario, if I'm wrong then please correct me :)

4. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Wow. I wonder how many more people will mistake Paper Mario for being a 2D game. Save for the Wii one, Super Paper Mario, the series has always taken place in a fully 3D environment. The "paper" in the name comes from this 3D environment appearing to be built out of, well, paper. For instance, building walls are only a hairline in thickness.

What's interesting about the games, though, is that they construct puzzles and stuff around these papery qualities. For instance, in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (which I just beat yesterday, actually :D), Mario can fold himself up into a paper airplane and fly across chasms and such. He has several more abilities like this. Also, when you enter a building, all of its walls appear to unfold and fall away from you to reveal what's inside (kinda like when you open up a dollhouse). It's all these "papery" effects that everyone thinks will look great in 3D.

5. GYNGA

Oh... That's how it is. I think the word "paper" is what it makes people think it is 2D :D

6. Supper

I loved Paper Mario TTYD, hence my avatar and location, and this game will definitely be a day one buy for me! :D

7. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Exactly how I feel! I just beat Chapter 3 and I'm at the Creepy Steeple. I've beaten this game about five times already, and I've beaten the original Paper Mario at LEAST 10 times! XD I wonder what abilities and partners will be in this. . . we already know there will be a Chain Chomp (either that, or that partner was a test partner). . . .

8. Supper

Ooohhhh, the Creepy Steeple creeped me out! But I do like how the boo sends you a letter afterwards! :p Maybe you can befriend a number of different "enemy" partners in the game. (Chain Chomp is a classic enemy, but he appears to be partners w/ Mario)

9. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Yeah! An Atomic Boo as a partner=o_O Enemies would be running away so fast! XD Maybe that would be a bit too powerful. . . I like the parts where you play as Bowser and annihilate the enemies, eating drumsticks and getting HUGE!! By "Maybe you can befriend a number of different "enemy" partners in the game. (Chain Chomp is a classic enemy, but he appears to be partners w/ Mario)", did you mean like the Lakilester fight in the Nintendo 64 Paper Mario?

10. Supper

I would love those parts where you play as the different characters to come back! Yeah, maybe it could be like that, where you beat the enemy then he befriends you!