1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please log in or create an account to disable this advertisement.

3. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Operation Revive

Discussion in 'Website Feedback + Community' started by triforceguy1, Jan 21, 2016.

1. triforceguy1

Staff Member Flint Cragley

52%
    Okay.

So, me and Adam are slowly working in ideas on how to give 3DS Buzz a bit of a reboot and extend its life further seeing how many of you have shown such passion to keeping the place alive. We will probably be discussing a few ideas, and once we come up with some good ones, I'll come back here to share them with you all and try to take a vote on what the most popular ideas are.

If there is anyone who has any good ideas (sensible ones) then feel free to share them here. Please try to come up with ideas which don't really cost too much, I'm pretty much broke and Adam has more important things to pay such as bills... So don't suggest anything like paying Bill Gates to build a new website for us or something haha

Also, please bear in mind that as we are all busy with our personal lives, it may take a while to come back with ideas and to implement them, so it is much appreciated if you remain a little more patient :)

Leon

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Blarg

Blarg I didn't like it, I...loved it!
    Squirps

90%
    Thank you both for taking the time to think about this, hopefully my input can be of some use at some stage :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mr. L

Mr. L The Green Thunder Buttocks
    Flint Cragley

92%
    We can build a great wall and make Mexico pay for it.

On a serious note:

1. New mods/admin etc. you gotta have active staff to be onto things and keep the place in check, and of course post and remind everyone they are alive, well and capable with a keyboard.

2. Expansion, not just to focus on the NX; but all Nintendo. We already do this but are not branded as such. Being about everything nintendo in name will bring about more members from looking up nintendo rather than only 'NX'.

3. Customisation, this is mainly for newcomers I spose to give an interesting and unique feel to the site; which will entice people to stay. This could work in conjunction with the points system to unlock things.

4. Points (which are currently useless other than to show off) can be used as currency, for certain privileges (some minor, others more major. Some temporary, some permanent). Like an items shop. Only one that's cool like in Mario Party 1. They could even be used for entering competitions maybe ?

5. Functional, thought-out competitions which last for longer than the first round. This will be done by members too but if you really want something finished; there needs to be incentive. Points, privilages, promotions (if there's a larger heirarchy?), prizes.

6. Articles. They worked the first time; and with consistent articles it could help.

7. Bring back the wiki. Peeps like wikis. If we have a unique wiki; we could do something with that. How to make it unique? We'd need to come up with that.

8. Perhaps the shoutbox could display the Nintendo ID and 3DS codes (and other user IDs) [optionally] next to a person who talks in the chat to make it easier to add eachother.

9. Maybe a link to a permanent link to a 3DSBuzz Togethertube room for movie night or for 2-or-more people who want to easily watch a video together, other members can join in too for the fun.

10. Youtube account to show videos of tournaments, tutorials/info relating to the site, cross-advertise members' youtube accounts and gain collective interest; and feature certain members videos they wish to post (wish permission of course).

Amy, XAIXER, Famicom3DS and 1 other person like this.
  4. Famicom3DS

Famicom3DS A knight who says Ni

I was tempted to make a goodbye post myself but halted on that idea because I know I'd still visit and check the place out, since I still have interest in it.

1. Allow discussion of ROM hacks (not the roms themselves, but there has been no legal trouble afaik with sites such as SMW Central, GBATemp etc. because these forums allow people to share CFW (custom firmware), homebrew, hacks etc. but no copyrighted files or roms can be posted to the forum therefore they are not doing anything illegal.
    You can contain discussion for homebrew/general hacking in a subforum.

2. Make the forum a bit more mature, allow curse words and more mature discussions etc. (this is probably the most crucial change imo, I'm not ridiculously mature but this site's squeaky-clean demeanor just holds back potential considering there isn't any members active on this site that are under 13 afaik.

3. Make new aesthetics for the site, such as a new banner, customization etc.

4. Change the forum name to something a bit more general, NX Buzz will probably work for the short term since it's the new upcoming console.

5. New mods and admins, there's Triforceguy and there's Homer Fanboy currently active and that's it unless I forgot someone.

Also articles, heck I wouldn't mind becoming a writer.

Amy and XAIXER like this.
  5. triforceguy1

52%
    I should be posting a battle plan soon, I just want to get the okay from Adam to see if there is anything he wants to modify about it

Will likely post it in a new thread so just watch this forum

Famicom3DS likes this.
  6. Mr. Fuego

Ms. Mowz

60%
    I think "NX Buzz" would work even when the NX isn't the NX.
    I mean, "NX Buzz" would become the forum's identity in it's own right -- much like "IGN", which doesn't stand for anything any more.

If articles were part of an overall plan, I'd be happy to write too.

BoTalksGames likes this.
  7. Famicom3DS

Famicom3DS A knight who says Ni

Yeah that also makes sense, I could also do import reviews since I have a hacked 3DS so I can play Japanese imports and such.

8. BoTalksGames

Madame Flurrie

83%
    Came here to say this. NX Buzz has a really nice ring to it, imo. Doesn't really matter if it isn't gonna be called the NX.

Mr. L likes this.
  9. Amy

Amy
    Lakilester

60%
    Even if "NX Buzz" helped bring in hype (which I still am not convinced it will), then we'll just have the problem of the forum dying again when the NX starts to get dated.
    I think Mr. L is right when he says the forum would be best off it it presented itself as a general Nintendo forum, not just for the NX.
    Most people aren't going on the internet Googling for NX forums, anyways. They are Googling for NX news. Articles are the best way to cash in on the hype.

Famicom3DS, XAIXER and Mr. L like this.
  10. IceSpear

IceSpear Dark Leafs
    Francis

33%
    How about instead of focusing on one console or company for that matter you expand to the whole gaming genre like Xbox, Sony, PC ect and like Amy said naming the site to "NX Buzz" would basically be putting the site back to the begining of when the 3DS came out only for history to repeat itself later down the line.

11. BoTalksGames

Madame Flurrie

83%
    Yeah that never works, I've seen forums do it time and time again. There are always going to be places like IGN and GameFAQs that are better all around gaming forums, but smaller sites like this can be successful if they focus on one group of people. MUCH harder to convince people to join if there are Xbox, Sony and Nintendo people running around.

12. Mr. Fuego

Ms. Mowz

60%
    That's possibly true, but I think it's the best shot.

I don't agree.
    It's different because the NX won't actually be called "NX". Of course the forum will always be Nintendo-focused, but it can take its own identity as "NX Buzz".

On this topic though, I think the "Gaming" section of the forum needs to be re-organised. Most importantly, there are topics that relate to both the 3DS and Wii U, and there is uncertainty about where they should go. New sections could be:
    • Nintendo (With Wii U, 3DS and NX sub-sections).
    • Sony (PS4 & PS Vita sub-sections?)
    • Microsoft
    • PC
    • Other/General Gaming
    Maybe that puts too much emphasis on other platforms though. In that case, they could all be sub-sections in "Other/General Gaming".

BoTalksGames and XAIXER like this.
  13. Matty Brapps

Matty Brapps Butter Criminal
    Francis

42%
    my solution: stop paying for this dead site

14. Mr. L

Mr. L The Green Thunder Buttocks
    Flint Cragley

92%
    such wit

BoTalksGames likes this.
  15. Amy

Amy
    Lakilester

60%
    You're saying we should get it so popular it'll pay for itself? :p

16. Matty Brapps

Francis

42%
    give up

i wish

17. triforceguy1

52%
    If you want the site to die, then please leave, we really don't want the negativity you are posting

BoTalksGames likes this.
  18. Matty Brapps

Francis

42%
    ;)

19. triforceguy1

52%
  20. XAIXER

Admiral Bobbery

30%
    Maybe lock this thread since it's no longer needed?