1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please log in or create an account to disable this advertisement.

3. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

New Dragon Ball Anime Series Officially Announced

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Famicom3DS, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Famicom3DS

Famicom3DS A knight who says Ni

Nope, this isn't some month-late April Fools joke.

I'm sure plenty people have heard of the rumored Dragon Ball AF that has been circulating online since the late 90s with an image of an SSJ5 Goku, said to be a continuation of the series after GT.

[​IMG]

Dragon Ball Hoshi was said to have been a continuation as well back in 2012 or so, but was just footage from a Japanese arcade game called Dragon Ball Heroes.

[​IMG]

This however is real.

Cited on Yahoo! Japan News and even on Toei Animation's website is a new series taking place after the Majin Buu Arc, the series creator Akira Toriyama is handling plot ideas, character designs and a potential enemy stronger than Freeza and Buu.

Sources :

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20150428-00000347-oric-entdr
    http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/press/2015/04/_730.php

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Red

Red
    Sushie

Hype Train!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Famicom3DS and XAIXER like this.
  3. Big G

I've just started watching Dragon Ball Z again.

4. GenerlaCraezy

Merlee

17%
    Given up on DBZ, sorry but 30+ episodes for one fight is just too much -_-

BIG MIKE likes this.
  5. BIG MIKE

King Croacus

79%
    DBZ is terrible

6. RedBomber

Merlee

42%
    Says the person that has that avatar. :p You definitely watch anime for the plot ;) You can kinda basically say that DBZ is similar to the anime you like but for a different audience.

It doesn't have the best plot but what it does have is memorable characters and a lot of good fighting scenes.

Now anime you may like, the plot isn't that good but the characters are unique and also there is good funny comedy moments.

What DBZ does have though that keeps it being a thing unlike those anime that finish after a season or 2 is nostalgia. Most people remember watching DBZ or playing the games and even if the series isn't "that good" as long as it makes people happy. There's nothing wrong with that ;)

Anyways after watching the first 2 episodes of Dragon Ball Super I'm glad that Akira Toriyama went back to his Dragon Ball roots and is making the show funny again. Can't wait to see how it progresses :D

BIG MIKE likes this.
  7. BIG MIKE

King Croacus

79%
    1. I prefer story driven Anime (FMA Brotherhood is my favorite anime)
    2. Some animes don't need more than 1-2 seasons to be remembered.
    3. Even tho DBZ did mold the modern day anime, IMO... modern anime is better
    4. That status I made was a joke lol xD

Not trying to start an argument here.... this is just my opinion

RedBomber likes this.
  8. RedBomber

Merlee

42%

Seriously I'm just joking around and having a discussion. There is no argument.

I based my reply on the anime you post Gifs from. Do you watch those anime with the girls doing "funny" emotions? Because those anime are not really story driven :p If you do than that's what I meant by "your anime".

Now your saying you prefer story driven anime so you obviously watch good anime like Full metal alchemist. Which is an amazing anime easily in my top 10. :D

Yes, some anime's that don't last that long can be remembered but they are usually really well done ones like Death Note. I watch some short anime once in a while but it's hard to remember them. If someone asked me what is my favorite anime. Bon-to and Magi are not going to come to my mind first :p

I did not know you liked story driven anime. I thought you were more of a fan service kind of person ;) :p

BIG MIKE likes this.
  9. BIG MIKE

King Croacus

79%
    I'm actually not really into fan service anime.... shocking.. I know

RedBomber likes this.
  10. RedBomber

Merlee

42%
    Where did this cool BIG MIKE come from!!!!????

lol, You should show this side more often. I'm sorry for assuming, but you can't blame me for thinking your into fan service anime :p

BIG MIKE likes this.
  11. BIG MIKE

King Croacus

79%
    lol, can't blame you

RedBomber likes this.
  12. Elric

I have been watching it for pure nostalgia. I have been enjoying it so far. Apparently they are covering the two newest movies and then continue after that. I think that will be exciting. There are quite a few fillers, just like in the old anime. It feels like the old anime though, and it's just fun to watch.

I missed Goku.