1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please log in or create an account to disable this advertisement.

3. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Sticky Metroid Prime: Federation Force AMAA

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by triforceguy1, Aug 18, 2016.

1. triforceguy1

Staff Member Flint Cragley

52%
    Hello fellow buzzers!

Metroid Prime: Federation Force is an upcoming spin-off of the the Metroid series. The game follows a new recruit of the Galactic Federation where you will embark on planetary missions. Thought to be ridden, there seems to be Space Pirate disturbances across the Bermuda system. What are they up to this time?

Come back Friday 26th August 2016 to ask any burning questions you have about the game based on what I have played in the review version. If your question gets featured at the end, you will receive 30 Melons and a commemorative trophy!

Leon

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 triforceguy1, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    SUPERDARKPITMINION likes this.
  2. SUPERDARKPITMINION

Sushie

25%
    Quite simply, is it worth my time and money? From what I've seen, it's apparently nothing at all like a real Metroid game, which of course, is what we want. I understand that it's a spinoff, but it should at least be reminiscent of a Metroid game.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. triforceguy1

52%
    Open now, ask your questions throughout the day

4. triforceguy1

52%
    This is something which is the purpose of the review, but I can say that if given a chance, it's actually quite a fun game, especially with others. Also, there are quite a few nods back to the Metroid series, there may not be that much theming on isolation, but, when playing it, it does feel fairly Metroid-y

5. CragleyHo

Kooper

33%
    how many missions are there
    --- Post updated ---
    oh, and can you download play

6. triforceguy1

52%
    There are 22 main missions, each one has two optional objectives, and there is also a hard mode which can be unlocked

Unfortunately there is no download play for the main game, but there is for blast ball

7. CragleyHo

Kooper

33%
    Seems a bit short
    and that's Boom-Boom :(

8. ComradeC

Goombario

50%
    I have a few questions:

1. can you play alone?
    2. will it be like Tri Force Heroes where you have to have a full team to play with others?
    3. is there voice chat?

9. triforceguy1

52%
    1. yes, while alone, you can equip up to three combat drones to help you fight. You can also use a special MOD that should halve the damage you receive and double the damage you give
    2. Nope, you can have one player, two player, three player, or four player games, no need to wait for a full team
    3. Unfortunately not

10. Mr. L

Mr. L The Green Thunder Buttocks
    Flint Cragley

92%
    Are the L and R buttons necessary to play the game?

If so, what do they do?

11. triforceguy1

52%
    With Control Scheme A (Single Circle Pad), L and R are required. R locks onto a target, and L allows you to use the gyroscope to move your reticle.

It isn't required with Scheme B (Circle Pad Pr/C Stick) and L is used to jump and R is to shoot, both of which can be used with B and A respectively. It is much easier using the shoulder buttons though.