1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. After eight glorious years of 3DS Buzz/NintyBuzz forums, unfortunately the forums will be shutting down soon.

Thank you everyone for the fantastic memories you helped to make throughout all those years. More details to follow.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

How are you saving up for the Nintendo Switch?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch' started by triforceguy1, Feb 5, 2017.

1. triforceguy1

Staff Member Flint Cragley

52%
    The Nintendo Switch will be releasing in just under a month (can you believe it) but if you want to purchase the new console with a couple games and accessories, you'll definitely have to pay a pretty penny.

So my question today is, if you are getting a Nintendo Switch, how are you saving up money for it? Do you have a job? Are you selling some old dust collectors? Tell us here!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Homer Fanboy

Flint Cragley

93%
    I have 2 jobs so it's all good. But I'm also saving up for a new vehicle so I'm not sure if I'll get it at launch. The hype will probably get to me and I'll cave and get it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Blarg

Blarg I didn't like it, I...loved it!
    Squirps

90%
    I'm saving by...waiting until the price drops. :p I think it'll dip not long after launch, given that I can't see it being an insta-hit with that lineup and releasing in March.

I'm only doing unpaid work rn and it's starting to irk me, especially as I'll hopefully be going uni in September. Me getting some extra money in the bank could definitely get me buying it sooner rather than later, I have a £40 Amazon voucher to use which should help with it too.

In any case, I'll probably be asking my parents to chip in a couple of hundred quid. :p But I'm definitely getting the Switch at some point. I feel like I've had my 'Nintendo pause' now, it's time for my gaming to get fun, colourful and escapist again :)

4. triforceguy1

52%
    Who need a new car when you have a Switch ;)
    Just a reminder of the launch lineup ;):

C3iyVoOWYAEwLrq.png

5. Blarg

Blarg I didn't like it, I...loved it!
    Squirps

90%
    Actually, thanks- you reminded me that No More Heroes is coming to Switch! I never played the Wii ones but read a lot about them in ONM/NGamer.

6. PandaStripe

Lakilester

70%
    Either My Tax Returns, or summer work. I'm heading on a week long vacation to Maryland, and I have PAX east coming up in March, so that is another thing that might go towards.

I will be getting it by September though, I'll be working over the summer, so I will be able to afford it eventually.

7. RioSkyron

Sushie

40%
    With my next house sitting job pay check hopefully

8. Demon_skeith

Parakarry

17%
    I make more than enough money I can easily go out and buy it on launch day, but I'll just wait till it drops in price.

9. HandsomeStan

Goombario

50%
    I'm old lol so have a decent income now but heck I remember back to when the N64 was released, I was about 13 and saved up £10 a week school dinner money and went hungry for months.

When i came to getting the N64 I had to tell my mum I wanted to queue up ouside Virgin Megastore (remember them!!) for the midnight launch and own up to how I had £250 :eek:

I thought she was going to be mad I had not bought lunch but she was so impressed with how I'd saved up she added the extra £60 I needed for Mario 64 :)

Those were the days!

10. Pazzie

Squirps

80%
    I sold my 3DS with games and got £200 for it, so that's a nice chunk taken off the price for the Switch.

11. Aries

Madame Flurrie

I have a Best Buy credit card, I could charge it and pay off the balance in time, but I don't really want to buy the Nintendo Switch at this point in time.

12. PandaStripe

Lakilester

70%
    Just an update....
    I am choosing to spend my tax return on the switch. I have more than enough to spend on BoTW, and a switch. I will hopefully have enough in April for MK8 Deluxe. I really cannot wait :)

13. oninowon

Vivian

50%
    Not in a rush to get it although I cannot game on the go due to my 3DS not working anymore. Putting aside $20/wk.

14. triforceguy1

52%
    That's a good tactic, just think, in about 15 weeks, you'll be able to afford a Switch with a game or two :)

15. oninowon

Vivian

50%
    Finally picked mine up a couple weeks ago along with a decent hard case and a game. I'll have to wait for a 128gb SDHC mini goes on sale...