1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. After eight glorious years of 3DS Buzz/NintyBuzz forums, unfortunately the forums will be shutting down soon.

Thank you everyone for the fantastic memories you helped to make throughout all those years. More details to follow.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Good shows that got cancelled way too early

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Lis4Real25, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    This is a thread to talk about good tv shows that got cancelled way before they should have.

Some for me would be

Sym-Bionic Titan
    [​IMG]
    I have been watching reruns of this on Toonami and I love it. I hate it got cancelled at only 20 episodes.

The Looney Tunes Show
    [​IMG]
    I really liked this, it was a cool reboot of the classic Looney Tunes characters. I hate it got cancelled, but I hate that the last episode didn't even air more. And it was a homage to Superman. :mad:)):

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Kiba

I never really got a chance to watch either of those.

Two off the top of my head are:

Surface (2005)

Had this little creature in it. Was a good drama about this kid finding this dinosaur like creature. Was mainly about how scientist were creating these creatures and all the bioorganic cloning. It had a really good ending cliffhanger but ended after first season. :(

[​IMG]

Kyle XY (2006)

Was a good show about this kid found and he was cloned (lol not trying to say I like things about cloning) but ended on a crazy cliffhanger and cancelled. Everyone was mad.

Young Justice (2011)

Such an amazing DC show. All the characters were great, it was funny, and had awesome storylines. There was always something you didn't know and also lots of action. Only to be replaced by Beware the Batman and Teen Titans Go which I really don't like either! Cancelled to never be brought back even though so many petitions and such. It was best DC show since Justice League. Now Beware the Batman is pushed to 3AM on Saturdays, should tell them something is wrong. Also the fact Young Justice was a show towards more mature audience.

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. triforceguy1

Staff Member Flint Cragley

52%
    Invader Zim
    Pushing Daisies
    Martin Mystery (though is getting rebooted)
    xxxholic

Doopliss likes this.
  4. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    Those last two. )):)):)):
    I watched the last episodes of both of those and got so mad that the series was over. Especially Kyle XY, the ending was obviously going to be answered in the next season which never happened. -_-

Kiba likes this.
  5. Kiba

Yes I know!! So irritating, I was such a huge Young Justice fan...so sad CN has crappy cartoons now. They are bringing back Power Puff Girls, they should bring back others like Courage!

Surface is on Netflix, I would recommend it since its good Scifi show! :)

IceSpear likes this.
  6. triforceguy1

52%
    does anyone remember the ones I mentioned?

7. Kiba

Invader Zim was good yet creepy for kids, and the 2nd and 3rd ones so somewhat familiar.

Doopliss likes this.
  8. triforceguy1

52%
  9. Bearoke

Bearoke Stereo Sun
    Vivian

88%
    The Cleveland Show :( :( :( :( :(

10. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    First off they are bringing back Courage, but in CG.

Second, I don't think they have all bad cartoons right now. Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and Clarence are all really good in my opinion. They have had a lot worse shows than what they have now. Look up secret mountain fort awesome and problem solverz, now those were terrible shows. Granted I agree some of their shows like Johnny Test, Ben 10, and Total Drama keep getting new seasons when they don't deserve them compared to others like Sym-Bionic Titan, Young Justice, among others.

Doopliss likes this.
  11. Aiko Heiwa

Aiko Heiwa Salt 'n' Genki

Actually neither Johnny Test nor Total Drama are Cartoon Network shows, if I recall correctly, both are Canadian series that Cartoon Network has the rights to air in the US, but they can't cancel or renew the shows.

12. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    Still they fill up slots that could be used for other shows.

13. Kiba

WHAT?!?! There bringing courage back?!?! Yesssss!!! When??

I hardly watch shows now L, most have horrible animation. And yes problem solvers. I loved Ben 10, first series was far better though. Lot more mature and better animation despite him being younger.

14. Konata

Konata 420 MLGs/h
    Sushie

20%
    Prepare for the fangirl army

And i believe this show:
    [​IMG]
    was the one i was forced to watch while taped to a chair on a flagpole. I almost died one time during Episode 31 (idk why i even remember that)

>inb4 Ultra Kart Racer says 'get a life'

15. triforceguy1

52%
    The courage reboot doesn't seem right, yeah I want a return, but the CGI doesn't suit it, I much preferred the original style of animation

16. Mr. L

Mr. L The Green Thunder Buttocks
    Flint Cragley

92%
    I miss hamtaro )):

Star Trek: Original Series: 1966-1969.

[​IMG]

We all know what Star Trek is, but it was intended for 5 seasons (A five year journey in the Star Trek universe), although it was cancelled after its third, even though it was immensely popular.

The invaders: 1967-1968.

[​IMG]

An awesome sci-fi show about a man attempting to stop aliens who are slowly populating the Earth, pretending to be human beings; with the objective of taking over the planet and conquering it. The main problem.. No one believes him. Unfortunately, it only went for one and a half seasons.. Just as it was getting really good.

Kiba likes this.
  17. triforceguy1

52%
    Does the Invaders got anything to do with Invasion of the Bodysnatchers?

18. Mr. L

Mr. L The Green Thunder Buttocks
    Flint Cragley

92%
    Nope; also, which version... There's the good black&white version and the pretty lame 're-imagining' a.k.a abomination.

19. IceSpear

IceSpear Dark Leafs
    Francis

33%
    Agreed, the 2D style is much better.

20. PandaStripe

Lakilester

70%
    Once Upon a Time in Wonderland recently got cancelled. I think the show was really really good except it got a bit boring at some parts, but it was still a beautiful show.

AND OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB FOR GOD'S SAKE. That anime was no doubt one of the best I have ever watched, and is a classic. It only got a 26 episode 1st season which would seem amazing, for an anime, except for the fact that there are 18 volumes of manga and the anime only goes into 9 volumes- and the last 2 episodes weren't even in the manga! The manga also has a ton of extra stuff in the first 9 that the anime didn't cover. The anime previewed in 2006 in Japan. It also ended in 2006 in Japan. Which is awfully depressing because that makes a second season that much unlikely. They originally ended it to have the manga catch up, but the second season was never produced. There was a live action version that was released in 2011 that I have yet to watch, though.

and lastly, Fruits Basket.

Fruits Basket was also a stellar anime that never got continued past again, 26 episodes. The manga is 23 volumes long and only went into (brace yourself) 6 volumes. That's just more than a 4th of the manga one- I have up to volume 6 as well, and that's how I know that it only goes to volume 6 in the anime. There were more characters to be introduced as well, but they never got into the anime, which is sad.

21. Kiba

I loved the original animation but this might be a reason why they are allowed to bring it back. Its new, just like power puff girls. It might take some time getting use to but I will love it either way. More courage! :D

22. triforceguy1

52%
    They better just not ruin it... though that seems sort of impossible seeing how creepy cartoons are nowadays
    [​IMG] haha

23. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    Yeah the first series was good then the redesigned it like 3 or 4 times. :facepalm:

Also I'm not for sure when Courage is coming out, that was just a part of the pilot that I showed.

24. Kiba

Wow so awesome! And yeah its annoying most of time when they change animation.

25. triforceguy1

52%
    I googled it and apparently it's some company who posted it to CN the other week and was asking fans to say that they wanted a return for Courage

26. Blarg

Blarg I didn't like it, I...loved it!
    Squirps

90%
    Primeval
    Doctor Who Confidential
    X Factor USA

27. triforceguy1

52%
    Blarg... this thread is called Good shows that got cancelled way too early :p

IceSpear likes this.
  28. Blarg

Blarg I didn't like it, I...loved it!
    Squirps

90%
    -_- whatever

29. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    Literally right after I posted this Johnny Test got cancelled. ::3:
    Hopefully my posts hold true and we get some of these shows back. :xD:

30. IceSpear

IceSpear Dark Leafs
    Francis

33%
    Proof or it didn't happen. :p