1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please log in or create an account to disable this advertisement.

3. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Folks, it's time to save 3DS Buzz

Discussion in 'Website Feedback + Community' started by Blarg, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Blarg

Blarg I didn't like it, I...loved it!
    Squirps

90%
    Over the past few days we've several high-profile member departures (I'm not fussed about Mike - never liked him - but am about GeC), and now, sick of seeing my nearest and dearest forum die on its arse, I'm taking it into my own hands to save it. But I can't do it alone - you, yes, that's right, YOU - can help save the forum.

Here is how you can help save 3DS Buzz Forum:

1 - Bombard Adam with emails and PMs begging him to rebrand the site to NX Buzz (all it takes is a new logo and changed sections - I get that a new domain may be too expensive), which will move us up the pecking order on search engines and give us a lot more to talk about. The 3DS is 5 years old in about two months - that's two months till the system is (unofficially) on borrowed time.

2 - Help with an advertising campaign. In the next few days I aim to produce a written campaign and it's possible that video content could also be produced. This can be distributed to any and every site that deems it acceptable.

3 - this one's for the staff. We have a database of hundreds - if not thousands - former community members who have fallen into inactivity. Surely XenForo has a mass email function where all members could be sent my written ad just as a heads-up which could encourage dozens of those who have abandoned us to give us another chance. The only issue could be sending banned trolls etc. the email - but there may be functions to avoid this.

4 - as a final resort - we could migrate or change ownership. People could suggest other medium-sized gaming forums for us to hop on to - I say medium-sized as I want us to be able to be quickly recognisable and integrate into the community like we have here. Alternatively Adam could sell his stake in the forum to an enthusiastic experienced manager who could help turn this ship around.

Blarg signing out. :) p.s. giving me staff powers could help me bring my ideas into reality.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Red, Mr. L and XAIXER like this.
  2. Amy

Amy
    Lakilester

60%
    Nintendo may decide to not actually call their new system the "NX" and it won't be released for almost a year. I also highly doubt the 3DS will be dropped anytime soon. It's too successful and we just got the New 3DS which is more powerful. I'm not convinced that changing the name to NXBuzz would help in any significant way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BoTalksGames

Madame Flurrie

83%
    Well it'd certainly be more relevant than 3DS Buzz.

4. Amy

Amy
    Lakilester

60%
    The 3DS is more relevant, as the console's actually out, people actually own it and play it, and tons of games are still being released for it. The NX is just a future console we know nothing about.

5. BoTalksGames

Madame Flurrie

83%
    Maybe, but I'd disagree. People like speculating what's next, not talking about their five year old device. In terms of Nintendo announcements nothing is more relevant than NX right now (especially since it'll be announced within the next few months).

6. triforceguy1

Staff Member Flint Cragley

52%
    Okay, let me tell you something
    Since September, I've actually been trying to get things done. I made a thread in the staff room to come up with ideas and I've been trying to contact Adam about it. But nothing has budged.

I'm all for a reboot, or a merger, but it's not going to be very easy. I wouldn't mind giving up ownership to Adam for NintyBuzz, that may be the best option. It means that articles would be back on Buzz, plus the demographic would be broadened as it could be anything about Nintendo. We could really make it more community based and more unique compared to other Nintendo sites.

The only problem is that a lot of members, especially staff, are too busy nowadays, even Adam is working hard at his other job to keep the site working

BoTalksGames likes this.
  7. Mr. Fuego

Ms. Mowz

60%
    3DS Buzz was more popular than it is now when "3DS" was just a code name.
    I agree that it almost definitely won't be called the NX, but there is a window for naming the site that, even if it is rapidly closing.

BoTalksGames likes this.
  8. RedBomber

Merlee

42%
    Man, this seriously suck. We've tried for a while. Some of us coming up with great ideas @triforceguy1 and @Kiba especially.. :(

You'd think people google search stuff like Amiibo giveaways and Tournaments. It's pretty depressing that we just can't catch a break. From problem to problem.

I recommend 3DS Pedia Forum if we do migrate to another forum. Some of our members who are not as active here are part of that forum. They also have a points system that can be used for Eshop codes, Tournament entry, Giveaways, and in game transactions... things like Pokemon breeding/trades. So new members have an incentive to be active.

9. Matty Brapps

Matty Brapps Butter Criminal
    Francis

42%
    why would i follow the advice of an admitted troll

Mae Tallick likes this.
  10. Zok

Zok
    Francis

40%
    Everything would be much easier if we all just agreed to move to a different site like wiiuforums.com or something.

@triforceguy1 If I were you, I would not pursue any partnership with Adam.

11. triforceguy1

Staff Member Flint Cragley

52%
    He has already agreed and I am just waiting for him to give me the permissions to start transferring things. He's just in a very busy spot at the moment

12. Mr. L

Mr. L The Green Thunder Buttocks
    Flint Cragley

92%
    so when's 3dsbuzz getting swallowed whole by nintybuzz.