1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. After eight glorious years of 3DS Buzz/NintyBuzz forums, unfortunately the forums will be shutting down soon.

Thank you everyone for the fantastic memories you helped to make throughout all those years. More details to follow.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Superhero Movies

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Lis4Real25, May 17, 2015.

1. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    I just watched Age of Ultron a few days ago, which you should go see if you haven't already, and started wondering where I would put it against other superhero movies. So this is a thread to talk about your favorite Superhero movies. Heres my favorites off the top of my head

10. Avengers

The sense of humor of this movie is fantastic, there are so many quotable scenes. And it was so awesome to see all these different movies lead up to this one.

9. Superman

This is the first superhero movie and I feel it set a lot of standards for other movies to follow. My only grip with this movie is Lex Luthor, I don't like how Gene Hackman portrays him. He comes of as more humorous then threatening.

8.Captain America Winter Soldier
    [​IMG]
    So many people told me this was the best Marvel movie, but I'll be honest I liked the first Captain America better. But this is still an amazing movie. The scenes where Rogers has to "relive" his past in particular are so well done. Honestly because of those scenes, this reminded me a lot of Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker where Big Boss is forced to relive a lot of the events is MGS3. I feel that this was the best way to go for a sequel to the original and was really well done, but I just really loved the first one better.

7. Super Man 2 Richard Donner Cut
    [​IMG]
    Now the original version of the film is good too, but the Richard Donner cut is superior to me. There are a lot of scenes that show a lot more heart to the characters than the original did. Especially the seen where Lois finally figures out the "truth" about Superman.

6. Avengers Age of Ultron
    [​IMG]
    I loved this movie. I know there was people complaining about it not being faithful to the comics, but researching about the comics and what happens, I personally think the movies story of Ultron is a lot better. Also people complained so bad that Josh Whedon literally quit Twitter was uncalled for. The scene that caused people to complain was so stupid to complain about. It was meant to be a sad scene not one that was suppose to get people to believe a certain type of way. But enough arguing about it, this movie was fantastic. From beginning to end there was not a bad moment. I know I heard people say it was to fast paced, but it didn't bother me.Go play Kingdom Hearts 3D and then come talk to me about too fast storytelling. :p

5. Guardians of the Galaxy
    [​IMG]
    I kept hearing this movie was good, and it didn't disappoint when I finally got around to watching it. This is a movie that is able to compel so many different emotions. Their are scenes that made me cry and scenes that made me laugh like crazy. The humor alone in this movie is worth it to watch. And some of the jokes are super subtle where if you blink you'll miss it. Also the cast is fantastics, a lot of the fun of the movie was seeing actors I was not expecting at all to be in the film. Just all around an amazing movie and I can't wait for the sequel.

4. Captain America The First Avenger
    [​IMG]
    I think I may be the only one that truly loved this movie. I guess it's because I've always loved the 40s-60s period of history. And the way this film portrays the 40s and WWII is is done really well. I don't think many people realize how many men actually willingly wanted to enter the war after Pearl Harbor happened. And Steve Rogers is the perfect example of that. And one quote that really got to me in the movie is when he is asked if he wants to kill Nazis. Rogers replies, "I don't want to kill anyone. I don't like bullies; I don't care where they're from." And the way they tie together the universe of Iron Man and Thor into the movie was really well done. And I'm not ashamed to admit the ending made me cry. I really love this movie, and feel it's kinda underrated compared to other Marvel movies.

3. The Dark Knight Rises
    [​IMG]
    I have never understood why this movie was not as well received as The Dark Knight. For what they had to work with this was an amazing movie. It's the best way they could have ended the series with Heath Ledger's death after The Dark Knight. The one complaint I can kind see is that Bane is nothing like he is in the comics, which is true, but I still really enjoyed him. Also the way they shoehorn Robin in at the last minute left a bad taste in my mouth. But other than that I loved this movie.

2. The Dark Knight
    [​IMG]
    While I may not agree with those who say Heath Ledger is the best Joker ever(Mark Hamill still is the best in my heart.) he still does an amazing job. This movie from start to finish is just done so well. Their is a reason why this is considered the best Batman movie by many people.

1. Batman Returns
    [​IMG]
    Okay let me explain this one. This one is my favorite mostly for nostalgia reasons. I loved this movie when I was little, and rewatching it grown up I still love it. It's just a really dark film.(And sadly that's one of the main reasons why Forever and Batman and Robin ended up being so terrible). Granted it takes several liberties from the comics, but I just love the overall cast and storyline. Their are some good funny moments in there as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    BIG MIKE likes this.
  2. BIG MIKE

King Croacus

79%
    The batman Trilogy (Begins, Dark Knight, and Dark Knight Rises)

Both Avenger movies

Captain America: The First Avenger

Spiderman 2 & 3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jude@Fjackets

Ant Man and Man of Steel
    --- merged ---
    im eagerly waiting for Batman v Superman to come out next year

#3 Jude@Fjackets, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
    BIG MIKE likes this.
  4. BIG MIKE

King Croacus

79%
    Ant Man was really good

#4 BIG MIKE, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
  5. Mr. L

Mr. L The Green Thunder Buttocks
    Flint Cragley

92%
    I preferred Uncle Man but yeah that's good too

6. Jude@Fjackets

Uncle Man???????????????
    --- merged ---
    i dont know why it didnt gross so much. I mean the visual effects were amazing! the story too.

#6 Jude@Fjackets, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  7. RioSkyron

Sushie

40%
    I see what you did there

He is everyones Uncle, and you must listen to him. (idk was thinking something more epic in my head but then it stolen by Grandpa man)

8. Elric

The Dark Knight is pretty great. I also really enjoyed Watchmen. I'm not the biggest fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe after they decided to plan every single movie in advanced, and limiting the creativity of the directors. For example, the original director of Ant Man didin't want to try to force the continuity between movies, and was working for something more original and different. He ended up getting fired because of that. I have to wonder what the movie would have been like if the original director was still there, because it was more of a heist movie than a typical super hero movie.

9. RioSkyron

Sushie

40%
    Nobody probably knew this but I really loved Deadpool.

Sayj likes this.
  10. RioSkyron

Sushie

40%
    my new favorite is Captain America Civil war

11. Sayj

Ms. Mowz

45%
    I watched Ant Man and I really thought I was going to hate it but I thought it was awesome and deadpool too. :)

12. triforceguy1

Staff Member Flint Cragley

52%
    I'm going to be honest, I watched dead pool, and it was funny and all, but it didn't really make me laugh out loud as much as I would've hoped

Sayj likes this.
  13. Homer Fanboy

Flint Cragley

93%
    X2 and Days of Future Past are sooooo good.

Loved Deadpool and Gaudians of the Galaxy, can't wait for the sequels.

Loved all the Spider-Man films as well, and the Dark Knight was really good.

Superman sucks.

14. Blarg

Blarg I didn't like it, I...loved it!
    Squirps

90%
    Iron Man 3. The movie was good but the main thing is the nostalgia - I went to see it at the Odeon on 4th May 2013, with good people having good vibes! It was a Saturday too. It did impact my thoughts and feelings positively.

15. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    Everybody I talked to said they weren't watching that movie because it seemed stupid. I don't know if it was the concept or Paul Rudd playing a super hero, or what, but everybody just didn't have interest in it. I wanted to go see it in theaters, but never got the chance. I bought it when it came on Blu-Ray and loved it.

Civil War is also amazing. Spider-Man and Ant-Man are the best parts. However a lot of the emotional scenes they try to do seem rushed, like there isn't enough time to fully understand what the characters are feeling. But that may just be me.

I bought Deadpool, but haven't sat down and watched it yet. I wasn't interested in it, but I've heard good things about it overall so wanted to give it a chance.

Which ones or do you just not like any of the movies? The original one is decent and has memorable moments, but like I said earlier in the thread I hate Gene Hackman as Lex Luther. The original released version of 2 is kinda the same way, but the director's cut that was going to be released until the director got fired like 85% into the movie is actually fantastic IMO. Has a lot more character development and just in general is a lot better of a movie. But after that all the other Superman movies are just terrible. 3 is basically a Richard Pryor comedy movie that just has Superman in it. 4 is total and complete garbage. Returns is just boring and stupid. Man of Steel is horribly paced and doesn't get remotely interesting until the end. And I still haven't watched Batman vs. Superman because of the reception and that they thought casting Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and making him comedic once again was a good idea. It's sad that the only good live action Lex Luthor has been Smallville, at least IMO.

Sayj likes this.
  16. Homer Fanboy

Flint Cragley

93%
    I just don't like Superman in general. He is a boring superhero.

redclow likes this.
  17. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    That's fair. If you don't like the character your not going to like the movies.

18. RioSkyron

Sushie

40%
    I've seen a spoiler filled review of batman vs superman, and trust me, it's not worth watching. Batman has Superman dead to rights and only spares him because he finds out both of their mothers are named Martha. Also there was a major plot point involving - I kid you not - a jar of Lex Luthor's pee. I wish I was making that up but a jar of Lex Luthor's pee is a major plot point. Also Batman uses guns and kills people. And those are only a few of the problems. The saddest thing is, Ben Affleck is not entirely to blame like many believed he was going to be. Zack Snyder is just as much, if not more, to blame. Especially considering what he said on twitter he wanted to happen to Batman. I will not say what because I do not think it's something that can be said on Nintybuzz.

Lis4Real25 likes this.
  19. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    Yeah I saw Nostalgia Critics review, so I know pretty much all that happens. And I guessed most of it from the trailers alone. And I already heard about Zack Snyder's idea for Batman. Really makes me question why WB thought he was a good choice for director.
    --- Post updated ---
    Since this thread became active again, thought I share my thoughts on the recent Suicide Squad.

I'm mostly copying and pasting what I said in the chatbox, but I thought I'd share it since most reviews are completely negative.

I avoided most reviews except just the general score on Rotten Tomatoes. I'll say for the most part it was what I expected it to be and pretty much enjoyed it. Will Smith as Dead Shot was the best part like I expected . However, there is some really bad parts in the movie. All the scenes with the Joker are complete and utter trash. Whoever choose to "update" his look and style to that of a tattooed gangster needs fired. Easily the worst parts of the movie were with him. And I pretty much expected that with his design. Also the opening scenes with Harley Quinn are also awful, mainly because of The Joker. It made me think I was going to hate her. But she gets better as the movie goes along and I actually enjoyed it when she was part of the team. I won't talk about spoilers, but I'll just say the ending is pretty predictable and I didn't care for the after credit scene. As long as you go into it not expecting an Avenger quality superhero team up movie, I think you'll enjoy it. It's main problems are the ones I mentioned. I still really enjoyed it for what it was. Got a few laughs out of certain scenes. I will say that if you want a better adaption of the Suicide Squad, go watch the animated movie Assault on Arkham. It's funny and is a better adaption of certain characters, aka the Joker. Also should mention I hate the origin story they give Harley in Suicide Squad. All they needed to say was she was the Joker's psychiatrist and she went insane and fell in love with him. They do that, but also add in a lot of convoluted and unneeded scenes like the Joker giving her electric shocks and her and the Joker swimming in chemicals.(I'm not joking about that last part, that's an actual scene.)But you get past those scenes and she is actually pretty entertaining with her interactions with the rest of the team. If you just want a dumb fun movie to watch, I recommend it. Like I said just don't expect the Avengers and you'll have fun.

#19 Lis4Real25, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  20. Matty Brapps

Matty Brapps Butter Criminal
    Francis

42%
    god i just wanted her to die throughout the whole movie. i wish deadshot just ended her.

NICE TA MEETCHA
    NORMAL IS JUST A SETTING ON THE DRYER
    WHAT???? :3

21. RioSkyron

Sushie

40%
    How about that Doctor Strange Movie?

Dormamuu, I've come to bargain

22. Soupaface

Squirps

90%
    The Marvel Movies rarely dissapoint but despite that I only think a few of them are actually re-watchable:

• The Avengers (1)

• The original Sam Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy

• Iron Man (1)

• Deadpool

Now on the DC side of things, I would re-watch:

• Watchmen

• The Dark Knight

Aaaand that's about it. I don't consider myself a superhero film fan and generally don't like a lot of film-adapted origin stories unless they were executed in a really unique, non-formulaic way that appealed to me.
    [​IMG]
    The first Iron Man movie really sticks out in my mind as the most rewatchable superhero movie as it seems the most grounded in reality (specifically the first Act) yet still has plenty of badass science fiction-esque elements sprinkled throughout it. Plus Robert Downey Jr. has never captured the same level of charisma that had in the first Iron Movie in any other superhero movie he was featured in.

23. BoTalksGames

Madame Flurrie

83%
    I don't watch too many superhero movies but from what I have seen I've really enjoyed Deadpool and Iron Man

Plus I'll always have a soft spot for the original Spider-Man trilogy just because I grew up with it.

24. ptahm22

Goombella

I rank Hellboy as my favourite though it's not in your list. Director Guillermo Del Toro and actor Ron Perlman did a good job in producing a niche character with limited appeal. It qualifys as my favourite on the basis of film making which beats most superhero movies.

25. JennyorAlice

Kooper

25%
    I like both of the Avengers movies because you have multiple super heroes in them and they're all trying to fight for a common goal.

26. Aries

Madame Flurrie

Anything marvel but Captain America stands out to me at the moments.