1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Anime

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Uberhaduken, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Uberhaduken

Please tell me yours as I would like to know because I am completely up to date with my favorite (One Piece) and would like to start watching a decent one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PandaStripe

Lakilester

70%
    My absolute favourite? There's so many to choose from, but I'd have to say if you liked one piece to try Soul Eater. That's my favourite anime of the shonen field.

Although, I'd have to say if I had to choose my personal favourite from all fields, I'd pick Ouran Highschool Host Club. It has a really great sense of humour, however, it only has 1 season of I think 24 episodes- but the manga goes on farther than that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. XAIXER

Admiral Bobbery

30%
    As my name suggests, I like Dragonball, Dragonballz and DragonballGT.

4. Zok

Zok
    Francis

40%
    Anime sucks

Dodgy Dave likes this.
  5. Uberhaduken

Wat -.-

Zok likes this.
  6. Aiko Heiwa

Aiko Heiwa Salt 'n' Genki

Not a series, but easily my favourite anime in general is the movie Grave of the Fireflies.

As far as series goes, I'm partial to the Super Dimension Fortress Macross.

7. BIG MIKE

King Croacus

79%
    My favorite Anime, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

8. Kiba

Hmmm it all depends what age I was at. I have remembered lots I have liked. Also does American Anime count?

I really like Dragon Ball/Z (not biggest fan of GT), Pokémon(old more then new), Digimon (been watching on Netflix, its awesome but only first season, kinda fan of 2nd but not new ones), Naruto (big fan in High School but was before Shippuden), Wolf's Rain, Zoids (both series or all 3?), One Piece, and The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra. Its really awesome and would recommend it, perfect blend of action, funny, romance, plot.

I am sure there are tons out there and probably couple I forgot about. I would like anything about wolves. Lol, oh I remember watching Yu-gi-oh too. Never watch Bo bo bo bo bo bo bo though. I liked reading Dragon Drive and I think they did show for it but never saw it on TV, only interwebs.

9. Mae Tallick

Lakilester

50%
    Nyan Neko Sugar Girls. Hands down.
    [​IMG]

Joking.
    My favourite anime is the last series of the Tamagotchi anime (yes, Tamagotchi is popular enough in Japan for them to make a TV anime about toys that eat, play games and then poop. They act way different in the anime though haha.)

The last series was Yume Kira Dream and it was about two friends, Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi, who wish to become pop idols, and by miracle the three Tamagotchis that are sort of the face of the brand (Mametchi, Memetchi, Kuchipatchi) move into Dream Town were they live. They become friends and Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi go to a fortune teller at a circus who gives them the Yume Kira Bags which allow them to transform into different people in order to complete a task. But the catch is- until they finish the task they can't turn back to normal!

The new series- Mirakuru Firensu is really rubbish. Bad plot, ugly characters, of the two toys released based off of it one of them is crazy expensive but does barely anything and ugh. Bandai seriously failed.

#9 Mae Tallick, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  10. Mysterious Figure

Cowboy Bebop
    It's the best. Simply, the best.

11. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    I love Sword Art Online, but I quit watching it because I couldn't stay awake til 2am to watch it on Cartoon Network each Saturday anymore.(Every time I did I would sleep like the rest of the day.)

12. Amy

Amy
    Lakilester

60%
    My top 10:
    1. Clannad ~After Story~
    2. AnoHana
    3. ef ~A Tale of Melodies~
    4. Little Busters ~Refrain~
    5. Kokoro Connect
    6. Usagi Drop
    7. ToraDora
    8. Angel Beats
    9. Kino's Journey
    10. Air

RedBomber and PandaStripe like this.
  13. Elric

I have a whole list because I can never decide which is my favorite. Here are some of mine, in no particular order.

1.) Serial Experiments Lain
    2.) Gurren Laggan
    3.) Higurashi no naku koro ni
    4.) Wolfs Rain
    5.) Code Geass
    6.) Fate/Zero
    7.) Another
    8.) Shiki
    9.) Madoka Magica
    10.) Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

I do have two favorite anime movies. Akira and Howl's Moving Castle. Highly recommend both of them and all of the anime I listed above.

14. Mae Tallick

Lakilester

50%
    You like the after story but not the main series :eek:?

15. Amy

Amy
    Lakilester

60%
    I didn't put Clannad on there twice because it would be repetitive. Same with Little Busters.
    Besides, After Story is the main series. The whole thing, both seasons, is animated from one piece of literature.
    After Story is just the best part. Same with Little Busters. Refrain is the best part, but both seasons of the anime are animated from the same thing.

BIG MIKE likes this.
  16. RioSkyron

Sushie

40%
    The anime that makes no sense. lol. Anyway One anime I would recommend is Code Geass. It's one of those stories where the protagonist is an anti-hero. Also in 2009, it was voted the best anime of the year. I also like Bleach.

17. Kiba

That's why I could never watch it, did a few times and then it all of a sudden changed and I couldn't grasp it.

Oh yeah? Sounds kinda familiar?

Does anyone know of any more wolf anime like Wolfs Rain?

18. BIG MIKE

King Croacus

79%
    not that I know of.

19. Kiba

That's okay, in due time. I like any animal/dino related ones really. Like Zoids (prelude series), Pokémon, Digimon, Avatar. Stuff like that, not too far off and such.

20. BIG MIKE

King Croacus

79%
    I watch alot of Pokemon

Kiba likes this.
  21. Kiba

Yes, I love any of them really. Cant wait for remastered first movie and new show. Its hard to keep up with show and cartoon network lol.

22. BIG MIKE

King Croacus

79%
    I don't do CN anymore. I just watch the episodes online.

23. Kiba

Oh yeah, that would be easier. Have you seen every one? English or Japanese?

24. Mae Tallick

Lakilester

50%
    It makes more sense when its translated by fans. The commercial dub doesn't make any sense, the subtitled fan ones are better.

25. aaronfair@ymail.com

I'm like the TC on this one. I just watch Fairy Tail until the next episode of One Piece comes out.

26. BIG MIKE

King Croacus

79%
    Have I seen every one? Yes, I have
    English or Japanese? both, for XY, Japanese, I watch the previous generations in english dub

27. Kiba

Wow, that's awesome. What's your favorite episodes?

28. Tarahiro

My all time favourite is Ranma 1/2

29. BIG MIKE

King Croacus

79%
    Don't know, there are too many, I do have a favorite season, and it is Battle Frontier.

Kiba likes this.
  30. RedBomber

Merlee

42%
    Awesome choices all of them are amazing anime. ;)

As or my favorite I'll be going with Rurouni Kenshin also known as SamuraiX.

[​IMG]

Beautifully well made...

My list would go like:

1. Rurouni Kenshin
    2. One Piece
    3. HunterXHunter
    4. Naruto
    5. Clannad
    6. Attack On Titan
    7. Kuroko No Basket
    8. Dragon Ball Z
    9. Death Note
    10. Fairy Tail

#30 RedBomber, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    Kiba likes this.