1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. After eight glorious years of 3DS Buzz/NintyBuzz forums, unfortunately the forums will be shutting down soon.

Thank you everyone for the fantastic memories you helped to make throughout all those years. More details to follow.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

3DS Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Blarg, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Blarg

Blarg I didn't like it, I...loved it!
    Squirps

90%
    As Nintendo's 8th gen draws to a close this Friday, and a new era begins, post your tributes to the 3DS here and what it meant to you.

To me 3DS was more than just a games machine. It gave me hope in early & Spring 2011 where my school social life was going through a particularly rough few months. Its desire to push technological boundaries fused with its beautiful Nintendo charm made it a wonderful place to escape to.

Its games lineup is extroadinary. Bolstered with miles more power and features than the DS it played host to everything from big platformers and racers to niche Japanese indies. The two Marios of 2011 prove particularly memorable. It's accompanied me on 10 family holidays to date, providing not only games but also cameras etc. to capture my memories.

Thank you, 3DS. You brought people (including this forum) together and helped define what sets Nintendo platforms apart.

Share your tributes to one of Nintendo's finest systems here. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    oninowon likes this.
  2. triforceguy1

Staff Member Flint Cragley

52%
    You do realise the 3DS isn't dead yet. I think it still has at least another year left

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Konata

Konata 420 MLGs/h
    Sushie

20%
    But only just

4. oninowon

Vivian

50%
    I've enjoyed playing on my original 3DS up until a couple months ago when it finally died. I met some great people when Nintendo released that note app (can't remember the name) where you could send notes to friends from anywhere in the world. It was a shame that a pervert destroyed any further enjoyment of that app.

I was an early adopter and therefore had the pleasure to enjoy 20 old Ninty games exclusive for those who purchased a 3DS early.

The 3DS did some really great things with its 3D and augmented reality capability. I've had the pleasure to see some awesome 3D artwork in the Colors 3D app. Some games such as Super Mario World integrated 3D into its gameplay (used it beyond just eye candy). Games such as Kid Icarus and Dempamen made augmented reality fun.

I have now moved onto the Switch but may reconsider purchasing a 3DS at a later date.

Blarg likes this.