1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Your best game of 2010 (so far)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Adam, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    For me it's Heavy Rain. I played the first few hours of it at a friend's house and pretty much had to get a PS3 just because of it. I've never wanted to see how a game ends and cared about the characters so much. Usually I'd be like, "Yeah! kill the children haha" but it seemed wrong to have that attitude for this.

1 person likes this.
  2. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

I've heard some good things about Heavy Rain, but I don't have a PS3 or any friends with one.

For me, Super Mario Galaxy 2 has already won, hands-down. I'm very proud of my having completed it 100%, with all 242 stars. I still remember when I sat down for over 11 hours in one sitting to get the final ten or so stars (trust me, the 242nd one is a bi*ch! :mad:)

Hehe, your commment, Adam, made me think of the weird situation between my friends where I'm always the one with all the games (my Wii collection rounds out at about 30, and is still growing) and none of them have any games I don't. They usually always borrow from me or ask me for recommendations.

3. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    Shhh, spoiler alert! I didn't know there were that many stars. I love Mario Galaxy 2 too but I haven't had enough time to play through it yet (largely thanks to this site, also thanks to the PS3).

Why did my comment make you think of that situation?

4. Feld0

I don't know...the scenario of me trying a game at a friend's house is a very remote one to me. I probably thought of that because it's the other way around for me.

(sorry; I had a much longer reply going, but I misclicked on my computer and lost it all).

Sorry about SMG! I thought it was a well-known fact by now that the games had that many stars! (well, SMG2, at least. SMG1 actually makes you get every star twice, whereas SMG2 has 242 distinctly different missions...)

5. GYNGA

This year I often played earlier released games, because a lot of good games on PSP was released at the end 2009(Gran Turismo, GTA:CW etc.),but I liked FIFA 10 and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3.

1 person likes this.
  6. will

its got to be super mario galaxy 2 for me i just finished it two and your right about the final star. do you think a level designer on super mario galaxy would work you know make planets then put them into your galaxy then decide how strong the gravity is if it was well made it would be great.:cool:

7. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    Yeah that would be cool. They could call it LittleBigGalaxy.

8. Qaiz

Super Mario Brothers look amazing as an all around game but I'm more excited for Gran Turismo 5 and Metal Gear Solid Rising, both looks insane.

Bullet storm looks great too!

9. Angel792

Monster Hunter 3
    I was going to buy Metroid the Other M, but im saving for the 3ds.But maybe ill buy The Conduit 2 with the Headbanger, that game is looking more AWESOME everyday!!! Sorry for my bad english :)

10. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    Don't worry, you're English is better than a lot of people's who have English as a first language :)

I'm not into cars at all but with the amount of time and money that's gone into Gran Turismo 5, I've got to give it a go.

11. Qaiz

Polyphony spent $60 Million on GT5

I wrote a thread about it on another Forum :)

12. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is amazing! I had 241 stars, I was going to go and try to get the last one, but then bang, I realized I erased my save file. I started over and now I have only 4 stars. Still, it is an astounding game.

Dragon Quest IX is also very good, I'm not far at all though, only at the Alltrades Abbey. There's a really neat story, and definitely surprising plot twists, plus the character customization adds a loot of personalization.

I'd definitely recommend both of these great titles.

13. Feld0

Jeez, I bet you weren't taking it that easy when you did erase your SMG2 save file. Even getting to 241 stars is an achievement in that game. I wish you the best of luck reclaiming your stars.

Is DQ IX good? I was wondering if it's worth getting, since I've been hearing (mostly) good things about it online, and the people at EB Games (one of which was a woman, no less :p) really recommended it to me. IDK; I just got the very last copy of Chrono Trigger in my whole city, so I don't exactly need a new RPG yet, but maybe I should put DQ on my wishlist.

14. GYNGA

Cruel, I know that feeling when your save file gone... Once that happen on my PSP when my memory card got broken... I was nearly completed Juiced 2 game... :( That was bad feeling

EDIT: Once my sister accidently deleted my save data on FF XIII: Crisis Core game. But then I copied my sister's save data and played with it, because we were completed almost the same part of the game.

15. 3D Gamer

Sushie

25%
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 - mostly because of the gravity.

16. hodgem08

Mine is Pokemon soulsilver as there is like over 60 hours of gameplay and there is so much to do! plus there are 2 regions in 1 game!

17. OthelloIII

Yeah, heartgold here, really enjoyed it. Having kanto there to explore is so nostalgic. I think I'll still be playing it when black/white comes out.

18. starrgrl24

It's super mario galaxy 2!!!!! It is simply an amazing game, especially for a sequel. Nintendo never ceases to amaze me! The game play and the music are just awesome. @.@ I definitely like SMG2 for the music! XD Now if only I can play at least of the music on piano, my life will be complete.

I will also go for Pokemon Soulsilver. I simply enjoyed the nostalgia. :p

19. brian6330

Parakarry

A good one for my which I am still playing after a month (which is a wonder) is Dragon Quest 9.

20. DeadEye

It's a tie between Dragon Quest 9 and Red Dead Redemption. Both are truly excellent and epic games and it's impossible for me to choose between them.

21. kallumsmarties

depending on when 3ds is out ill probs be getting metriod other m donkey kong returns poke park and quite a few i want for wii now it just depends on the 29th for the big time news

22. Supper

I think my most favorite game of 2010 has to go to the SMG series or Halo Reach.

23. Feld0

smgsmgsmgsmgsmgsmgsmgsmgsmgsmgsmgsmgsmgsmgsmgsmg!!!!!!!!

24. Supper

I still have to decide between the two, as I haven't finished either of them.

25. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    definately liked SMG2 also REALLY enjoyed Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep

26. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

That gravity part reminds me of

(MAJOR SPOILERS)

Click here to see what place

(End of spoilers)

in Metroid: Other M!

I know how that feels; I got Spirit Tracks and it took me a good 2 weeks to get to the part before the final boss (it took so long because for about five days, I was stuck on 9:26 on

[video=youtube;-pfqtBfEyag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pfqtBfEyag&feature=related[/video] this), then I saved and quit because I had to go somewhere, and when I got home, I found out my sister got a hold of my DS and erased my file!!! I was so mad I never went back to it again, even to this day!

I would do the Super Mario Galaxy series, especially the second one! Did you beat SMG2?

27. DeadEye

Interesting to see peoples thoughts, in particular the lack of domination by SMG2. I presumed that would have been the answer of 90% of you at least. I was very wrong. A dangerous thing an assumption.

28. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Oh, yeah. I forgot my favorite game! >_< It's probably going to have to be Donkey Kong 64.

29. Fifth_Muskateer

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, main reason why I picked up a 360 for a while! Hopefully they remake them for the 3ds, and I know they're bringing out a Naruto game for the 3ds just hopefully not like the PSP one's because they sucked!

30. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    OK, this is going to be conversational. Please don't hate me for this. I think critics have over-rated Mario Galaxy 2. It's a good fun game with lots of cleaver bits but to me it doesn't deserve to be rated anywhere near the best game ever (which it is according to metacritic).

Originality is always important to me. SMG2 is one of the least original Mario squeal I can think of. It is Mario Galaxy 1.5 as far as I'm concerned.

I like a good story, Nintendo clearly don't think that's an important aspect.

The gameplay difficulty is just right for an experienced gamer, so why do they need to show you a picture of the characters' faces when they are mentioned. It's not like the story is so complex anyone over the age of 3 needs extra help to know who they are talking about.

That along with Mario's vocalism made me feel mildly embarrassed during the first 10 minutes of the games. It was like I'd been getting excited about a new DVD I'd ordered and it turned out to be Bob The Builder. Luckily the gameplay more than made up for it. To be the best game ever, it think it needs more than just well polished gameplay.

Oops, I've just noticed SMG2's metacritic score has gone down a little to 97% making GTA IV the highest rated game ever. I don't quite agree but it's certainly an epic title which deserves a high place on the chart.