1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Yoshi's Island

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Mae Tallick, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Mae Tallick

Lakilester

50%
    Arguably the best mario game created so far I love it for its
    .Beautiful art style and brilliant graphics
    .Easy gameplay
    .Difficuilt boss levels (I didn't say bosses because to be fair getting to the boss is alot damn harder than defeating it)
    .Masssive range of enemys
    .Overall difficuilt levels they have got puzzles in them but not a puzzle as in Prof Layton style puzzle
    .Less coins spread out than in Super Mario Bros. games
    .On a console that you wouldn't get just because of one game
    Its just overall one of the greatest games I've played in my life completely and utterly spiffing :)rolleyes:):D:D

2. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    Sounds like we've got two big Yoshi fans in the forum now. Welcome on board HaHa-No. Interesting name you've got. I think Mario World is my favourite Mario game. So many hidden levels and short cuts around the map feel like a real reward if you discover them. Can understand that they probably don't want you to skip half the levels you paid for though.

3. Supper

Once Feld0 comes back from his break you guys could be the Yoshi Pair! Welcome!

4. chris

funnily enough, i havent played a yoshi game ever! What is the newest one out?

5. will

i think its yoshis island ds ive got it and its really good i think i might go play it.

6. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    I have a friend who like Yoshi fan!

7. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

My second favorite game is probably Yoshi's Island! It's incredibly hard getting 100%, though. . . .

Go Donkey Kong 64!
    Oh, yeah, and Yoshi's Island.

8. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Haha, I see that everyone's well aware of how much I love Yoshi now. MY EVIL MASTERMIND PLAN IS SUCCEEDING!! MUAHAHAHAHA--!! *egg'd*

FYI, starrgrl24 on here's quite the Yoshi fan, too, but she's way too busy with college to really post anywhere. Anyway, welcome, HaHa-No. It's great to see the proliferation of our kind; Yoshi is pure awesomeness that has manifested into humanoid dinosaur form.

Ahem, where were we? Ah yes, Yoshi's Island. The original one, typically hailed as the greatest 2D platformer ever made. I agree with the points from the first post; to that list, I also must add the frickin' incredible soundtrack. It's truly rare to see a game where every single tune instantly gets lodged into your brain, never to come out again. The underground theme, too, is one of very few underground game themes that I'm honestly fond of (call me a heretic, but I never liked the SMB one that much; it's too short and simple).

The sheer variety of gameplay is staggering, too; every single stage brings something new to the table. And the stages are huge and expansive, too, with lots of little secrets to find if you've got the willingness to look for them, yet they're relatively easy to get through if you're only looking to beat the game.

Yoshi's Island is nothing short of amazing, and I'm really glad that it's well respected by a far wider demographic than just Yoshi fans. I'm actually really, really hopeful that Nintendo realizes just how much people love the game, and will make another sequel to it (Yoshi's Island DS was great, but I'd like to see Nintendo develop a Yoshi game in-house again).

And...I think there's an honest chance they will.

9. Mae Tallick

Lakilester

50%
    Yeah I really like Yoshi :p mainly because he's virtually indestructible unless your crappy at using his tongue.

Yeah thats one thing I like about Yoshi Games theres loads of secret bits in the game but none of them actually make you skip levels most of them are just to beat the level oh and thx I say the phrase alot soooo ya

10. Homer Fanboy

93%
    i really liked yoshi's island but absolurley positvely HATED Yoshi's story. I know a whole bunch o kidnergardners who like it but it is just to hard for me...

11. Bartman2

AHHHHH YOSHIS STORY IS THE AWESOMEST YOSHI N64 GAME YOU CAN GET!!!!!! well i guess its the only one but u know what i mean......

12. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    I loved the visuals of the game, they were so lively. Just imagine them in 3D. This would definitely make a great game.

13. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Haha. . .oh. Maybe you shouldn't read my post about how I thought of Yoshi's Story. . . . :eek: Yoshi's Story reminds me of Toy Story, and Toy Story reminds me of Lotso. HE'S EVIL!!! Anyway, I think a Yoshi game would be great in 3D!

14. Homer Fanboy

93%
    I loved toy story 3!!!

15. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

The ending was sad. . . .

Do you think they'll make a Yoshi's Story or Yoshi's Island for the 3DS?

16. Feld0

17. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Which one, though?

18. Homer Fanboy

93%
    yoshi island

19. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I think so, too, since they seem more active on the Island ones than the Story one (they've made two Islands, and one Story).

20. Feld0

Island, hopefully. But better than a new Yoshi's Island would be something totally new, like Yoshi's Planet! :D

21. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Yeah; if they make a Yoshi's Planet or something along those lines, then I wonder who the antagonist will be?

22. Homer Fanboy

93%
    Yoshi's Planet would be awesome or pet Yoshi

23. Feld0

Let's hope it's someone other than Bowser for once. Maybe there could be an evil yoshi trying to take over the universe.

@homer fanboy: Pet Yoshi? You mean like Nintendogs? o_O
    Yoshis are sentient beings who possess human-level intelligence at the very least. There would be so many things morally and ethically wrong with treating them as pets.

This is starting to shift into a 3DS discussion. The topic was meant to discuss the original Yoshi's Island on the SNES; we have a topic for a possible 3DS sequel here. You have my official permission to bump it. :p

24. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Official? Yay! orz

25. Homer Fanboy

93%
    whats bumping?

26. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Posting on a thread so it's at the top of the list so people view it more.

27. Feld0

Bumping is generally looked down upon because most people feel awkward committing thread necromancy. That is, posting in a thread that has gone "stale" (no replies) in a while. On some older forums, the last poster on such a thread may not even be active on the site anymore, making further discussion within the thread look rather silly.

Rules are a bit lax here, though, probably because we don't officially have any (yet, at least). It'll generally be okay to bump topics here but you're free to check with me by PM if you're not sure. ;)

28. Homer Fanboy

93%
    k thanks!!!!

29. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I like how you put bumping threads: ". . .committing thread necromancy." XD

30. Mae Tallick

Lakilester

50%
    Yoshi Planet would be okay :p it would have to have a MASSIVE data amount though yeah Yoshis shouldn't be pets D:< at least Mario USED to be little and weighed a few pounds now he weighs like 15 odd stone XD I hope Yoshi Island has a spa... that does foot rubs.