1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hello Guest!
    Want to win $/€/£50 to spend on the Nintendo eShop? Click here to sign up for our Splatoon 2 Tournament!
Hello Guest!
Want to win $/€/£50 to spend on the Nintendo eShop?
Click here to sign up for our Splatoon 2 Tournament!

Will the 3ds store media files and use emulators

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by teokop12, Sep 27, 2010.

1. teokop12

The ds had a touch screen while the psp could store things like music,movies,apps and etc.Will the 3ds be like a psp?Also based on how strong the console is will it use emulators.The psp had the same thing so if a wanna buy a 3ds could play NES,SNES,Sega Genesis,NeoGeo,Sega Saturn,PS1,N64,Game Boy(original,color and advance)even Sega Dreamcast games.Also how would a PC and 3ds would transfer files.

2. GYNGA

Files storage should be. I hope emulators also will be available on 3DS. But if Nintendo don't want us to use emulators then 3DS must be jailbroken to install it.

3. Supper

I can see the 3DS storing media files, but I doubt it will use emulators for games other than the DS. If it does, it will probably be VC.

4. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

I agree with Supper; the only thing they would possibly use emulators for would be DS and VC games.

I don't think the 3DS would allow you to store media in its internal memory, unless there's a lot more than 1.5 GB of it in there. That's what SD cards are for, right?

5. teokop12

Okay so maybe the emulators will be made by programers and transferd from a PC but here's my opinion.What if Nintendo uses 3dsware like the wiiware.You know download classic NES or SNES games trough the console itself.

6. woeiruty

teokop12 thats would be nice if there was a 3dsware.
    but the prices for just 2000 points on wii is very high!!!

here in europe it costs 20 euro's to buy 2000 wii points.
    thats like 25 dollars ore something (big guess)

but i hope it will be cheaper.
    if its not i think some ''no life'' guys will program a shortcut to just set games on your sd card and play them

7. Supper

I think we can guarantee that 3DS ware will be on the 3DS, and everything costs more in Europe then in the US because of the raised values of euros/pounds.