1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Will the 3ds be able to connect to the wii?

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by chris, Oct 3, 2010.

?

Will nintendo let the 3ds connect to the wii?

1. Yes they will as it will be a handy feature

88.9%
  2. No its just another rumor to stir up more questions and increase the hype

11.1%
  1. chris

There is a rumor going around saying that the 3ds can connect to the wii. Here is the article:
    Nintendo 3DS to Connect with Wii? at C3 News
    It says when it connects you can send and recieve stuff and even use it as an extra controller! Do you think it is a rumor? Iwata said he wasnt telling anymore that nintendo will be bringing it to the future

2. Helping

I'm pretty sure it will be able to connect to the Wii. The DSi can do it even if it's just to download demos and stuff but why not have the 3DS do it as well? Add more functionality to games either on the Wii or the 3DS and unlock more features etc.

3. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

There's no way they could possibly drop the DS Download Play feature, which let you download game demos through the Wii among other things. At least that would still be there.

But I'm expecting Nintendo to be saving the details for connectivity to the Wii's successor...

4. Supper

Yeah, that's what I'm expecting, too. The GBA connected to the GCN, the DS connects to the Wii, and the 3DS will probably connect to the Wii's successor. I think I'll answer "yes" because it definitely will connect to a home console.

5. chris

Is there going to be a wii 2? Its been ages since there was any news with them

6. Feld0

The Wii will have a successor at some point. I'm sure it won't be called the Wii 2, but that's what everyone's referring to it as for now. True, there isn't much news to go on at this point, but I'll be reporting on anything that does come up on that site I linked to.

7. Supper

We probably won't be seeing a Wii 2 until at least E3 2011, but it probably is in the making.

8. chris

Is there going to be a 3ds lite

9. Qaiz

I couldn't possibly tell you how much I have thought about this prospect. And what is my answer?

Yes

There is no doubt in my mind that Nintendo will bring a new version of the 3DS 2 years into its life.

Why?

So the sales don't drop. After a while, people lose interest in products. A new 3DS look and design would spark interest in people to buy it, especially late adopters or collectors of consoles.

Nintendo is a company, they want money, thats all. This is also why the 3DS looks soo similar to the DS Lire, they make it a bit flawed so there is room for improvement. So they can make it better in the future.

What would the new 3DS 'lite' have? Well it might have a bigger screen. Slimmer body, better camera, longer battery and new design.

Would I wait for the 3DS Lite?

NO

Why?

I cant even wait for March, never mind 2 years (since the DS Lite came out about 1 year and 7 months after the DS) for the next 3DS Lite. Plus I rather buy it on day one because it means I will have it when the buzz is high and the adrenaline is pumping. I will see the 3DS from the 1st day to the last day.

The longer you wait, the less time you get to play.

10. Supper

There might be a 3DS Lite, and if there will be one, there will be a wider 3D viewing angle as well as the things Qaiz mentioned. I don't think a 3DSi will be released, but a 3DS XL might be. We don't know this yet, so don't bet on it!

11. Feld0

There will be a 3DS Lite someday for sure. But I'm not gonna wait for it. I just can't bring myself to. I'll buy it when it comes; until then, I'll happily be enjoying the new wave of 3DS games instead of sticking to my old DSi.

12. Supper

I also will buy the 3DS on launch day, and I will only buy another 3DS (Lite) if it makes major improvements like the DSi.

13. Dannyboy

Back on the subject of the 3ds connecting to the wii I think it will as Satoru Iwata has already said that you will be able to transfer miis to the 3ds so why would they not allow other connection possibilities :)

14. Feld0

Connecting to the Wii would also be a must to maintain compatibility with some Wii games that use the DS as a contrller (Guitar Hero V, for instance).

15. Qaiz

If people connected to the game Via DS before, I'm sure they could continue to use there DS's?

Plus thats in the hands of the developers to add that.

Thats like saying the DSi needs to have the GBA port in order to work with the Guitar Hero peripheral. But it still doesn't

16. Supper

^Is that the new Guitar Hero game they showed at Nintendo Week?

17. Feld0

No, Guitar Hero V came out some time ago. The Wii version had a nifty little feature that allowed you to use the DS as a controller in one of the multiplayer modes to screw with the backstage stuff like amps and lighting. I've heard that it's amazing, but have never had the chance to try it myself.

18. Supper

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I wonder if they'll use that in DJ Hero for the 3DS?

19. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I hope it can, although Iwata said it's probably not going to. If it does, then you could do things like trade Miis from Wii to 3DS and vice versa. I will NOT wait for a 3DS Lite/3DS XL, no matter what! As Qaiz said, I can hardly even wait until March!

20. Supper

^When did he say that? I thought he said that they were looking into that possibility.

21. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I'm not sure, since I look up "3DS" or "Nintendo 3DS" on Google every day to get news for it, and it changes every day. I remember reading it, though.

22. Dannyboy

Here is a quote from Satoru Iwata which i got from another website

Iwata also noted that "it is very likely that we will consider a link with our home console".

:) :) :cool:

23. Qaiz

Yh he was talking about it.