1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Will nintendo be able to connect with earlier ds

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by chris, Oct 16, 2010.

?

Will nintendo be able to connect with earlier ds systems?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Nintendo will create a seperate chat board

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. chris

I was just thinking this there. Can you still do multi player or ds download play with a 3ds and a dsi. i normally do mariokart ds with my sister and a friend next door. But when i was playing it there i was thinking that the 3ds might not be compatible with dsi. I dont really care about pictochat. So does anyone know the answer?

2. Supper

Do you mean that you can use Wifi for DS games on the 3DS, or you can get DS-exclusive DLC for the 3DS?

3. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Chris, do you mean playing 3DS games on DS models, or DS games on 3DS models (I say "models" since there is bound to be more versions of the 3DS)? DS models will most likely not be able to play 3DS games, unless they make the graphics (on the DS that it's playing on) worse, but 3DS's will probably be able to do the DS games, since they will have DS games compatible with the 3DS. About the 3DS playing DS games, see this article.

4. Supper

^I think he means Wifi and all of that stuff, not game compatibility. We all know 3DS games aren't compatible to DS games, but DS games are compatible with the 3DS.

5. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Oh, then. . . well. . . I don't know if it will.

6. Supper

Wait, what does the chat board option mean?

7. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I think things like MSN or PictoChat.

8. Supper

Oh, now I see. That would be kind of like a small part of the Wifi experience, then.

9. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Yeah, maybe he means video chat, too.

10. chris

I mean this:
    If you put in a game to do multiplayer like mariokart and use the multiplayer version can you still do multiplayer with people that have a dsi or ds lite

11. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Oh, then I don't think so, since they would need to make it worse quality to be compatible with the DS models.

12. svenneke1

svenneke1 INACTIVE

No, he means that if you play a multiplayer game from the DS, like Mario Kart DS, on the 3DS and you play multiplayer with someone who has a DS(i)(Lite). That could be possible as the DS games are 3DS compatible.

Of course if you try to play a multiplayer 3DS-game on your 3DS with a DS(i)(Lite) that wouldn't be possible, with the graphics like you said.

13. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Actually, he said himself: "If you put in a game to do multiplayer like mariokart and use the multiplayer version can you still do multiplayer with people that have a dsi or ds lite" so he means playing multiplayer 3DS games w/ DS models. By the way, congratulations on your first post! :D

14. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    ooooooo... svenneke1... you just got buuuuuuurrnnnned!

15. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

From my article on the matter:
    As you can see, it would just be stupid for Nintendo to axe backwards compatibility with DS multiplayer. Seeing as both the DS and 3DS use b/g WiFi (admittedly, the 3DS has a much faster transceiver, but it's still the same platform), they really have no reason not to.