1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

why you are gonna buy the 3ds

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by woeiruty, Sep 28, 2010.

1. woeiruty

for what reason you want to buy the 3ds?

for me this:

3d effect
    old games (james bond-star fox- etc)
    the nice graphigs
    the 3ds supports my internet (the ds doens't support or internet :( i was not able to play online. and i just love online)

and just much more!!!!

and you guys

why you guys wanna buy the 3ds?:confused:

2. Qaiz

Because I have the money and I want a 3D portable. 3D Movies and Games every now and again. I also want to listen to my Music on it.

Thats all

3. woeiruty

you said watching 3d movies?

so you can put movies on the sd card and play them with the 3ds?

if you can- i say: CAN'T WAIT..

4. Qaiz

We don't know if you can put your own movies on it via SD card but Nintendo are going to sell 3D Movies for the 3DS.

5. woeiruty

what kind of movies?

just like on the wii with nintendo channel. so you can watch trailers?

or just big movies that nintendo supports.

or all movies???? :confused:

6. Qaiz

Big Movies from Disney and stuff

Like Maybe Toy Story 3

7. Roy

Roy

Because it's awesome

8. Dannyboy

I am getting it because of the 3d effect and I generally get new consoles which Nintendo release. For those of you who deny the 3ds as a new console consider this, since the SNES Nintendo has released a new Mario Kart games onto every new console not just revamped ones. Think about that

9. Qaiz

Of course its a new console.

It has a bigger screen

Better CPU

More RAM

Better GPU

Better controls

New OS

Better Graphics

New format (2GB Carts)

Innovative new feature (3D)

Etc...

10. hodgem08

yeah dont think of it as another DS, think of it as a brand new console

11. Qaiz

It looks the same as the DS in form factor because it means there is a little learning curve to it.

When you first bought a DS it was odd compared to the GBA and PSP shape so you hadto adapt to it, and since the DS is one of the greatest and best selling consoles to date, it would alienate the casual gamers who wanted to migrate to the 3DS etc,

Its also a tried and tested design. If they start a new form factor, they might get it wrong and mess up. This would mean we would have tons of different versions. Like how the DS was too fat and ugly and then they made the DS lite to make it smaller, then they added missing functions like a camera to the DSi etc

Also this means that its backwards compatible, one reason people thought Nintendo would lose to the PSP was down to how it was dual screen. Why is that a bad thing? Well it would mean Nintendo wouldn't be able to add DS backwards compatibility to the next successor since they thought the 'DS2' would be single screened back then. The 3DS looks the same as the DS so it means it is Backwards Compatible.

The DS name is also synonymous

12. Supper

The only thing Nintendo has to worry about is the mass market being misinformed. Most people think the 3DS is just a "3D DS".

13. woeiruty

thats quite annoying.

but i think the guys that will have a 3ds will tell theyr friends and family.

and then tey want it too and they buy etc.

nintendo will earn much cash from us

14. GYNGA

For portable gaming for sure. And maybe for 3D effect/camera. Other features doesn't excite me much.

15. Helping

I don't know about calling it console. I reserve that for systems you play on the TV. I would call it a hand-held. But yes it's definitely new. As for the DS not supporting your internet sorry to hear about that, though there are ways around that. Aside from upgrading to a DSi, which supports various connections, you could have tried the Nintendo Wi-Fi dongle or tried changing the settings on your internet to allow your DS access.

I want to get the 3DS because of how incredibly great the system is and all the magnificent games being released for it. I believe it's going to be one heck of a system.

I also agree on the system's look being suited to your comfort. It's a nice system to hold, looks nice when it's closed and uses both screens in intuitive ways. I rather not have "open" systems like the PSP where the screen is very vulnerable. Same for mobile phones where flip phones tend to be my preferred type.