1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Why I am getting the Nintendo 3DS instead of the PSP2 (why nintendo is aswome)

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Sil I Am, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Sil I Am

I honestly find that todays games are not fun anymore!
    Most of the games you see people playing are shooters, what is the fun of killing virtual people? 90% of microsoft and sony's (sonies? dunno) games are shooters.
    while some gamers might call themselve ''Hardcore'' because they killed a 1000 virtual people, I think that games should be actual fun. That is why I love Nintendo so much!
    many people think that Nintendo is for little kids and stuff. But I diagree. Just because Nintendo don't make ''hardcore games doesn't mean that their games arent fun.
    I agree that nintendo has its issues. (online) But the fact that they can make 100s of millions of people play games that are actual fun and make you feel different than playing CoD or halo. This is the reason I love nintendo! That is why I think that the Nintendo 3ds will be so amazing. They will make fun games for a device that people that like ''hardcore'' gamers can enjoy aswell.

2. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    (claps hands) Well said my friend! WELL SAID!!!

3. Sil I Am

haha cheers

:) Cheers mate

4. will

you have a point but i do enjoy shooting games such as golden eye but shooters will never have anything over a good bit of mario plat forming

5. Winsbury

Winsbury INACTIVE

Everyone can make up statistics to prove their own point.

The same can be said about any game: finishing a race in a fast time, killing powerful bosses, solving puzzles quickly etc etc.

All because you don't enjoy FPS's, doesn't mean other people don't/shouldn't. I'm just dandy that you prefer a different genre of games, but that doesn't make you better than people who enjoy FPS's.

Likewise about FPS's.

COD and Halo aren't the only games people play on, and it's ignorant to base the entire game catalogues of the PS3 and XBOX 360 just on these games. The PS3 and XBOX 360 allow people to have fun too. Just because they prefer a different console, doesn't mean they're inferior. And don't forget that COD is on the Wii and DS too.

Any console can be fun if you allow it be, and anyone can enjoy them. People are often bias against a console just because it's from a rival company.

I'm not attacking you, I'm just pointing out that a lot of your argument seems to be 'just because'. I'm looking forward to the 3DS as much as the next guy, but that doesn't mean everyone else who thinks otherwise is wrong. They're entitled to their opinions as much as we are entitled to ours.

6. GYNGA

Nice post, Sil I Am, but I totally agree with Winsbury. I'm not a big fan of shooting games also but everyone has its taste and there can't be no offence that people who plays shooters are bad and those who plays Nintendo are good.

7. Ahytys

Well said mate!

8. will

i can see this thread turning into a war ground

9. Sil I Am

Yeah my bad, sorry for that, I might have said some things wrong, like I don't mean to attack any other consoles. I know that other people ave their own preferences and stuff. This is just my opinion, and I mean its not a matter of life and death that I got my facts wrong, this is just my opinion, noone has to agree with me. I quite like microsoft and sony because I think that their hardware is nice, with hd and stuff, I do miss that on the wii. But I always go with nintendo because of the games they create because I personally dont like shoters. Someone else might like shooters but that is their opinion

10. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Sil I Am, you didn't attack anyone. Winsbury, did you read the title? It says "Why I am getting the Nintendo 3DS instead. . ." so it's his opinion, and he didn't say anyone was inferior or that XBox 360 or PS3 had games that were no fun for anyone, he was just stating what he thought.

I am getting the 3DS simply because it's glassless 3D, has very good graphics and a bigger game size capacity (and all the other things that it might have)!

11. Homer Fanboy

93%
    hmmm.. I sense a Sony fanboy... also Winsbury a HUGE magority of the games are shooters ect. ect. ADLEAST like 50% And I think what he meant was that nintendo offers a WIDE variety of games nintendo offers, games that almost everybody can play. The PS3 has few games for the whole family like ninty does. But dont get me wrong i still like sony.

12. Qaiz

This will never be clear cut. There is no better console. Its a matter of opinion. I have all consoles from this generation and I like them all.

Nintendo have great franchises and characters and also appeal to everyone. Nintendo, IMO, are like Disney in the sense they have characters we all know and love but don't really create any new IP.

Sony have the best build quality, period. They create DVD players, Blu-Ray player's, TV's, PC's and many other piece of hardware. They also have buckets of money so they can invest in great medias.

Microsoft have amazing software engineers and designers due to making software for a living, your probably using windows might I remind you, so they have great online capability.

Nintendo have great and fun games.
    Sony have great hardware and tech (like Blu-Ray)
    And Microsoft have great software and online.

That doesn't mean Sony doesn't have great games.

Have you guys played ICO? Its amazing game with a heart warming and epic story line. And Sony also have great franchises, like Crash Bandicoot, remember that? Or Final Fantasy? Or Ratchet And Clank?

Sony also has great online, I mean its free!

And so Do Microsoft. Halo is amazing, Gears Of War is bundles of fun to play and Mass Effect is a joy to play.
    And Microsoft also have great hardware and cheap prices.

You cant compare Apples to oranges.

Its okay to big up your fav console, but don't bash other consoles, they all have redeeming features.

13. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Qaiz, for Microsoft, you also forgot the Kinect! The reason why I don't like Sony isn't because of their software and hardware (I think Crash Bandicoot is one of the best games ever), but their attitude to everyone; look at those four links, and see how much they are making fun of Apple, Microsoft and Nintendo? :mad: That doesn't mean I'm disagreeing with you, though, I'm just saying why I don't like them.

14. Qaiz

Yeah, Sony are a bit big headed, but you have to realize, when your one of the largest companies in the world that came from nothing, you kinda have the right to be.

If I had my own console, I would definitely take shots at Nintendo and Sony and Microsoft and even Apple. Why? It shows everyone your not scared, that your serious, that your confident, that your better then the rest.

True you shouldn't be too cocky, but in case you missed, the front page shows an example of Sony congratulating Nintendo on the 3DS.

I agree, I love Nintendo, but I wouldn't be able to live without my PS3 or 360.

15. DS McGuire

They can have their Call Of Duty I want 3D PAPER MARIO !!! ( I'm 16 )

16. Homer Fanboy

93%
    haha i totaly agree with you Mc, totaly! xD

17. will

a bit big headed how about a whole load i was considering getting a psp because i like monster hunter tri and wanted to see the other games in the series but now all i want to do is punch kevin butler in the face for being such a cocky childish part! sorry but really you have to admit unless your a massive play station fan you wanted to kill who ever came up with those stupid adverts at least a little bit.

18. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    Not so much with the others but Sony should make fun of Apple since Apple are happy to use that as a sales tactic themselves.

19. Ahytys

Yeah like the iPhone 4 pre-presentation story

20. will

you know it only costs apple around £5 to make a iphone

21. Ahytys

Well maybe not really £5, but still brands make people rich

22. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

23. will

really i guess our teacher was wrong he was telling us about their works shops in china and how people have committed suicide because of horrible conditions

24. Ahytys

Well you can actually read behind every iPhone "Made in China" and many times workers' conditions are not the best....

25. Supper

Nah, this thread won't become a flame war. This is about the most courteous you can get when having an opinionated or debate thread. I agree with some parts of your opinion, Sil I Am, but I do like Halo and some other open world and shooter games, and only 40 percent of Xbox and PS3 games actually are shooters.

26. firefoxprime

Ha. I'm buying both.

-USA.