1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Why Are You Getting the 3DS?

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Someone, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Are you getting the 3DS because it's the new handheld, because of the 3D effect, because of the good graphics, or some other reason?

2. Rikku

Rikku INACTIVE

I'm getting it because of the new amazing games that are coming out on it.

3. Wertville

Because my DS broke awhile ago :p

Oh, and Zelda, Star Fox, Tales, possible Rune Factory, Street Fighter, Paper Mario, Phoenix Wright/Prof Layton, SMT, SMT:p, SMT:DS... (Goes on and on and on)

4. hodgem08

im getting it because i want to go online on the 3ds as my ds lite dosen't and also there gonna have a proper zelda game (not that cartoon thing) on a handheld!:D:D:D:D

5. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    I'm getting it for the amazing game line up, the graphics, and all the new controls that my old ds lite didn't have!

6. Dannyboy

I'm getting it because it is a new console, the 3d effect and because of the great games basically for everything about it. :)

Time for todays yoshi in 3...2...1..."yoshi yoshi yoshi yoshi yoshi yoshi yoshi yoshi" :)

yay this is my 100th post hip hip hooray :)

7. Grimmjow59

I'm getting it because of the fantastic games for it, the 3d effects, graphics, and Just EVERYTHING is great about this console : D

8. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Dannyboy, nice job on your 100th post! I am getting it because of the capabilities they have for making good quality games (like this video of Resident Evil) compared to this, which has the best graphics on the DS that I've seen (but the cutscenes are just CGI animation). I am probably going to get Paper Mario first.

9. Supper

I am getting it for the games, the portability, and the graphics. I am also getting it for the 3D effect! I tried out a 3D TV the other day, and it was awesome! I'm hoping the 3DS will be able to produce the effect similar to 3D TVs!

10. will

im getting it because its from nintendo and everything they make is awsome=)

11. 3D Gamer

Sushie

25%
    I'm getting it because... well I'm getting it for just about everything.

12. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Yeah, to put it simple: same with me (unlike those people that say everything on it is a gimmick)! Seriously, why do some people think that the Slide Pad is a gimmick, the 3D effect is a gimmick, and the movies are a gimmick? That's just like saying that good graphics is a gimmick (which it could be, depending on the quality of the games), and gameplay is a gimmick! >_< Then we'd just have 8-bit movies with 8-bit sounds, no voices and weird sound effects! But enough with my gimmick rant, I am getting it because of how good quality everything will be!

13. JK Smash

Because of my birthday.
    Well I'm getting the 3DS because of the 3D effect and that big, shiny slidepad. Oh, and Virtual console!

14. DeadEye

My primary reason is the same as for why I buy any videogame hardware, the software. The 3DS has an excellent looking line-up of titles already from both Nintendo and third-party's. The graphics, 3D, motion control etc are good but it' still the software that is the determining factor for me.

15. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    Well said.

I've just updated this page and it pretty much shows all the reasons why I'm getting a 3DS.

16. StuartY

Professional interest? No, seriously, great range of games, probably the most powerful handheld at the moment, and it's in 3D - what's not to like?

17. DinoMan13

Why? Because of E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

18. chris

2 reasons. Because of 3d games. And my dsi has a broken screen and one of the hinges are coming off

19. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Really? That's really bad! I accidentally sprayed some of that liquid stuff in the compressed air cans on it, and it made that part really shiny and it looked brand new! o_O

20. chris

My sister dropped it down 14 stairs. And it still survived. Just about

21. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Wow, I'm assuming was in bad shape after that! About the compressed air stuff, NEVER try handling without proper safety! That stuff boils at -18˚F and can simultaneously burn and freeze you (the spraying it on the screen was just an accident, since I didn't know that it sprays out when it's upside-down)!

22. Murfy

as soon as i saw resident evil running on it i knew i had to have it, also because of the 3D effect.

23. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Are you sure you'll be able to finish Resident Evil with 3D? It would be so. . . gross and horrifying, to put it simple!

24. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Why am I getting the 3DS?

Because it's the latest generation of Nintendo systems, and it's a place where I'll get to play my precious Nintendo exclusives like Mario and Zelda, that's why. Even if 3D was the only thing it added, it would be an instant sell with me. All the other awesomeness it really turned out to have is really just icing on the cake.

25. chris

And you can still use it for ds games

26. youreds

im getting it for resident evil and metal gear would be good if they remade young merlin i love that game

27. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    why would I get the 3DS?

I believe the question is why wouldnt i get it!

28. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    Definitely for the games! I love Animal Crossing and Paper Mario! They're my favorites! =D

29. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Hear, hear.

30. GYNGA

Hello guys :) Long time no see in this forum.

Why I would buy 3DS? Firstly I want to try Nintendo product ant its games like Mario, Zelda and others :) And for gaming for sure.