1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hello Guest!
    Want to win $/€/£50 to spend on the Nintendo eShop? Click here to sign up for our Splatoon 2 Tournament!
Hello Guest!
Want to win $/€/£50 to spend on the Nintendo eShop?
Click here to sign up for our Splatoon 2 Tournament!

Which games are you looking forward to this Christmas?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Adam, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    It looks like we won't be playing any 3DS games this Christmas, so what other games are you looking forward to over the next few months?

2. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

The amazing Wii lineup, no doubt. Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Epic Mickey...how could anyone possible say no to any of that?

I'm also thinking of going back and replaying Super Paper Mario; I absolutely LOVED the plot twist at the end, and would replay the game just to see that again.

3. jl32194

Goldeneye for sure.

4. will

donkey kong country returns i downloaded the origional from virtual consol and cant wait for it im also interested in goldeneye

5. Supper

I am looking forward to Donkey Kong Country Returns and perhaps Kirby's Epic Yarn this Christmas. I'm thinking of getting an old DS to pass the time, as I have basically been playing Super Mario Bros Deluxe on my GBA SP to pass the time and its getting boring. I have finished all of my other GBA games. What should I do?

6. Feld0

Go track down a copy of Okami for the Wii. If you love Zelda, you're gonna love Okami just as much, if not more. And what's more, it's a veeeeeeeeery long game; you'll be busy with it for quite a while. ;)

7. Supper

I'll check it out!

8. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    I ABSOLUTLEY loved okami!!!!! i cant wait for okami den for ds!!!!

9. Supper

I looked at it, and its great! I just have a lot of other options. Which one do you think is worth getting more, Metroid Prime Series, LoZ:TP, Metroid: Other M, or Okami? Assume I like all genres equally.

10. Feld0

Holy crap. You've got one of the worst possible choices ahead of yourself. I guess I'm really lucky I have all of those except for Other M. I'd say go with either Metroid Prime Trilogy or Okami; MPT because of sheer length (80+ hours) and Okami because of sheer quality (not saying Metroid's low-quality in any way, but you'll see what I mean as soon as you boot up Okami and hear the fabulous orchestral soundtrack kick in; also, the gameplay's a bit more varied than Metroid Prime's).

My final word: Okami. It's a close win, though; the fully orchestrated soundtrack and fantastic production values give it the edge over the other three games you're considering, IMO.

Try to get all of them if you can, though. They're all must-have Wii games.

11. Supper

The thing is, I still have SLG, SMG2, and NSMBW to finish, so that's why I only can get one game out of all of those. This is also because I plan on getting DKCR.

12. DeadEye

I am quite looking forward to Donkey Kong Country Returns and Golden Sun Dark Dawn. But I am probably most eager for the re-release of Super Mario All Stars. Although the games will be nice, what I am really looking forward to about this is the soundtrack CD & artwork booklet that comes with it (as well as the 'collect-ability' factor).

13. Feld0

SLG? Whuzzat? :confused:

I don't think we're getting Super Mario All-Stars outside of Japan. I haven't heard any word of that. :(

14. Supper

SLG is my personal shortened version of Super Luigi Galaxy. :p

15. Feld0

Heh. Super Luigi Galaxy. I remember Luigi's voice proudly screaming that after I got all the stars as Mario. I find the game's a tad more fun as Luigi 'cause you need to be a bit more precise with your running and jumping, due to his inferior traction.

16. Supper

I'll be looking into getting Okami then when I finish SLG!

17. Feld0

Awesome! I suddenly feel powerful at managing to convince someone to buy a game! :p *egg'd*

18. Supper

Consider your persuasion a job well done. Before I was here, I didn't even know about the game!

19. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Do you think I should buy Super Paper Mario? I've played it before, but not a whole lot. I wasn't really sure if I should buy it. . . . I don't know what games I'm looking forward to, since I mostly want to save my money for the 3DS! I think I'm going to request gift cards mostly, so I can save them until it comes out. I would like to get Donkey Kong Country, too.

20. hodgem08

im thinking of getting SMG2 but is it a good game? is it like SMBW where yoshi only appears in 4 levels or is yoshi in more levels?

21. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    yoshi is in a TON of levels. I MEAN A TON!! Its so much better than thew first

22. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

You don't have it? GET IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!! It is really good, and Yoshi is in much more levels than Super Mario World! It's a really good game; if you liked Super Mario Galaxy, you'll like Galaxy 2 even better! It has lots more levels, my favorite is (I won't give any spoilers) on World 6, where you need 60 stars to get there. You'll recognize it immediately when you see it and hear the music. If you like a variety of galaxies, but shorter ones (the average galaxy has 3 stars in the first half), then you will love it! I hope they make a Galaxy 3DS!

23. Supper

@Someone- If you like platformers and Paper Mario, get Super Paper Mario, but if you don't like one of them, I suggest you wait for Paper Mario 3DS.

24. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Thanks Supper! I am probably going to get it, since I looked on YouTube for gameplay of it, and the storyline, gameplay and all that look good!

P.S. You almost have 500 posts! That's half of 1,000! o_O

25. Supper

You're welcome! If you think I have a lot of posts, look at how many Qaiz has! :p

26. Fifth_Muskateer

Gonna have to be Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Epic Mickey, Goldeneye,
    Call Of Duty: Black Ops, Sonic Colours. But im not that rich to buy them all! : D

27. Supper

Why CoD Black Ops? Isn't it just like MW2? (engine)

28. chris

I know its not really near christmas but being a professor layton fan i will be looking forward to professor layton and the lost future which is out in 3 days. So close