1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

What will you be using the 3d camera and screen for, or will you be using it?

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by chris, Sep 3, 2010.

1. chris

Will you be using the 3d camera and watch videos or do you think its useless

2. Angel792

Im gonna use it for the Augmented Reality games!!

3. GYNGA

I think 3D movies would be very cool on 3DS screen, and 3D pictures would very interesting and fun, but the camera is 0.3MPX... That's a really poor quality, so it can be useless... I still can believe that the camera will be 0.3MPX

4. Qaiz

I want to use the 3DS camera when going to the theme park. The theme park aslo has a Zoo there, getting 3D images of a Lion would be awesome :D

5. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    Even though the quality of the pictures is low, they look great on the system. I don't ever upload my pictures online, I keep my DSi as a portable photo album.

6. GYNGA

Sure, because 3D pictures would not work on normal screens, like PC or something.

7. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

I'm probably gonna do the same as with my DSi: have fun with the camera for a week, then switch back to our 14.1 megapixel Sony W390.

Yeah, I'm switching from Nintendo to Sony for my camera. :p

8. Qaiz

The camera will be a key selling point.

A 3D camera for cheap, sure it wont be anything amazing in quality but first of all mega-pixels only matter when your printing a picture out or blowing it up onto a canvas or TV screen.

I have seen many phones with 5Mp cameras ( My Samsung Galaxy S and iPhone 4) do HD 720p recording with amazing results, just like I've seen 12Mp cameras look dull and boring and saturated.

It matters about the hardware (CPU etc) powering it, plus it's not supposed to be anything great.

Most 3D cameras will be going for the same price, or more, then the 3DS alone. It will be convenient to have a device that does everything (Music player, movie player, game console, camera etc) in one.

It wont compare to amazing Sony camera's, but the experience will be totally different due to the extra dimension.

9. Doctor Conan

I'll be using it for sure, 3D video and picture it'll be a high selling point especially for young kids. Anyway I don't really mind that it's only 0.3 megapixel because if it really was all that crappy they wouldn't include the zoom option on the DSi. But I do admit that blowing it up would be a problem, I did think if Apple could include a 5.0 megapixel camera and a VGA on the Iphone 4 that Nintendo would at least upgrade the cameras up to 0.5 (or at the very least on just the back).

10. Roy

Roy

The 3d camera will be cool for augmented reality and 3d photos. Hopefuly we may see video chat like facetime with the inner camera.

11. Qaiz

I have a iPhone 4 and the back camera is 5MP and the front facing camera is VGA ( 640x480) which translates to 0.3 mega-pixel.

Decent quality for 0.3MP eh?
    [​IMG]

12. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    Yeah, and here's a picture from my DSi. I was messing with the color changing feature, and turned a magenta flower blue. :D

[​IMG]

13. GYNGA

These are made with 0.3 megapixel cameras? Hard to believe, because my Nokia's 2MPX camera makes poorer looking photos. Then I don't mind if 3DS will have 0.3MPX cam :D

14. Dannyboy

Maybe the number of pixels will change when the final product is released as we don't even know what the storage capacity is after launch (we all know it will increase) so the camera could also get more powerful as well possibly and it might stay the same. but even if it stays the same those pictures above look amazing so I won't mind either way :)

15. Roy

Roy

Those are both great photos. My phones camera is 3 mp and the photos aren't as good as those.

16. jojo71

i heard in a review that the 3d pictures taken by it just look like an overlapped image

17. Qaiz

Well thats what the 3D will be like anyways, just 2D layers on top of each other.

You do know that the 3D is made by having 2 2D images in slightly different angles fused together.

It isn't holographic 3D

18. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I'm going to be using it for, obviously the Augmented Reality, and also to see videos/pictures in 3D (another obvious one -.-). Also for video chat, if they decide to include it!

19. Fifth_Muskateer

I can imagine the next console after 3ds will have a much better camera, maybe 3G connectivity and faster browsing!

20. Qaiz

Well My Samsung Galaxy S i9000 is my primary camera since its 720p HD at 30FPS, but this could be nice for little shots here and there, but apart from that, the camera is useless to me.

21. Supper

The camera for me might be used for a while and for AR cards, but it won't replace our main camera.

22. Qaiz

Yup, even with 3D it will never sway me from my Galaxy S