1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

What was the last PC game you bought?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Adam, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    Not many people seem to be talking about PC games these days. Are you still playing them?

The last one I got was Command and Conquer 4 (pretty disappointing). The next I'll be getting will be Civilization V.

2. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

The Sims 3, pre-ordered it. I'm finding it harder and harder to buy PC games these days as it's so much easier (and cheaper for someone in my financial situation) to pirate them.

I'm looking forward to Civ 5, too, though; Civ III and IV have eaten away countless hours of my life, and they're some of the few games my parents well and truly approve of. Not that they can do anything to stop me -I'm old enough to make my own decisions about what I play-, but it's nice not to have them getting mad when they think I'm "wasting my intellectual abilites." :p

I should really get back to PC gaming someday; there's a reason I spent over $1000 upgrading ol' cb000 (that's what my desktop computer is called; it's named after someone I idolize) to a gaming rig, after all.

3. will

spore bit disappointing because are computers graphics card isnt good enough so it cept freezing and breaking

4. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    My girlfriend is a big Sims addict. She gets every expansion pack the day it comes out.

I got into Civ a bit late really. The first one I played was Civ IV nearly two years after it was released. I'm looking forward to getting into the next one from the start.

Spore was original, which is always important to me, but I didn't like the last stage much. I think more emphasis on the evolution element of the game would have been good. Like you have to try to mate with the strongest/most intelligent/sharpest teeth or whatever, then you play as their offspring which have random attributes from their parents. Of course it might turn into a bit of a creature rape-fest, which might not be too family-friendly.

5. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Ooh, I used to be obsessed with Sims a couple of years ago. Good stuff, good stuff, though I could never afford to buy all the expansion packs. I remember that a lot of my friends would have, like, one or two of them, and I bought a deluxe pack with three and slowly collected and installed the rest of them by borrowing them from friends. When I finally had Makin' Magic on my comp., I applied a NoCD patch and called it a day. Too bad I got a new computer soon after I got that done, but Sims 2 had come out by then, anyway. :p

I tried to do the same thing with Sims 2, but I couldn't scrounge up all 17 expansions the way I did for Sims 1. So, I acquired them "otherwise"... Holy crap, was I impressed with how much there was to do after it took half a day to install everything! I couldn't get anywhere near getting through all the expansions before, hello hello, Sims 3 came out!

So I pre-ordered the collector's edition, and enjoyed the heck out of it, until I started exploring creative pursuits like writing, music, and art. And I haven't touched it since.

6. jl32194

The Last PC game i bought was Civ4.

7. Qaiz

Pre-ordered Final Fantasy XIV Collector's Edition

Cant wait to play it on my i7 PC :D

8. Mae Tallick

Lakilester

50%
    Mega bump.
    The last PC game I bought was Alice: Madness Returns. My laptop can barely handle it, so I'm saving for an 11" Alienware laptop :b.

9. Puppy-dee

I dont think PC games are as good as they used to be, but the last game I bought was EA Create, quite an addictive little game.

10. King Bowser

Last I bought was borderlands

11. Jonke

Last PC game i actually bought and not pirated was Heroes of Newerth. i've been playing it since closed beta ;) and i am still enjoying it, try it out if you haven't tried a MOBA game before.

12. Kiba

Dont play PC much anymore but it was Plants vs. Zombies.

13. KiblerChip

I haven't played a single PC game before. It isn't so great...

14. magykmaster

portal 2 on my amazing surround sound computer which i built from speakers i found lying around