1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hello Guest!
    Want to win $/€/£50 to spend on the Nintendo eShop? Click here to sign up for our Splatoon 2 Tournament!
Hello Guest!
Want to win $/€/£50 to spend on the Nintendo eShop?
Click here to sign up for our Splatoon 2 Tournament!

What new features would you like to see in Mario Kart 3ds

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Dannyboy, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Dannyboy

I have already discussed the characters, courses,items and vehicles now if there is anything else you would like added to Mario Kart 3ds post your ideas here eg Wi-fi races whatever you would like to see post it here :cool: :)

2. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

There's no way we can lose the Wi-Fi races after having them for the past two Karts. What I would love to see, though, is some integration with the 3DS's new tag mode. Imagine automatic ghost data exchange when you pass someone else with the game!

3. Rafay

rewards system

I agree the wifi cant go away . They should add a rewards system so I'll play the game longer than I usually do, which is a LONG time :cool:

4. Feld0

Rewards system, now there's an idea! Do you mean something like an in-game currency perhaps, that one can use to purchase new karts, paint jobs, or perhaps use to customize their own vehicle? Or did you have something like achievements in mind?

5. Dannyboy

I would like to see customisation of vehicles or be able to make your own vehicle and courses and I would also like to see motion and gyro sensors included so it would be like using the wii wheel and feel like you are actually driving it

6. Feld0

It sounds like an obvious choice for Nintendo to allow that as a control option, but tilting the 3DS would destroy the 3D effects, wouldn't it? I hope they at least give it to us as an option; I'm probably gonna stick to slide pad control as it's gonna be more accurate, anyway.

7. Qaiz

There should be a creation mode like on ModNation Racers and littleBigPlanet

Also an achievement system or something :D

And mini games that use other 3DS features! :D

8. Roy

Roy

Pimp your kart feature. Perhaps a course creator and some cool camera features where you have to litterally wipe the ink off your face when you get blooered. You would look dumb but it would be pretty cool.

9. Qaiz

Yup, creating your own tracks would be awesome

10. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    Achievements, track creation, and the return of the Mario Kart Channel.

11. Feld0

Track creation would be awesome. I've always thought it would be a neat thing to add to Mario Kart. If they bring back the Mario Kart Channel, I'd love if it was an improved version that let you do things like, say, find the record-holder for a track and see what records they hold on other tracks or even on other games!

Also, just throwing this one out there: what if the 3DS recorded your face while you played Kart and saved the video with a replay? Then, when you watch it, it would show your face in a little window and you'd be able to see your reaction when you lost first place to a blue shell at the last second or when you ruined a perfect time trial run by screwing up your drifting and falling into a pit. Would be even better if you could share these, even if it was only with friends.

12. Qaiz

That would be cool, But Nintendo don't seem to do such things with their games. Shame

13. GYNGA

I am not Mario lover, but I hope there will be chance to mode your vehicle and create the one you like. I don't know about track creating, but I don't really like to drive in tracks I created. The producers should make as much as possible of them and sure make them as fun as they can.

14. hodgem08

maybe u could take a picture of you self and create your own mario kart racer!

15. Axis

Creating your own Kart/character would be fun!!!

Also If they added the motion/tilting thingy it would be awesome..
    Like you have the option to use the 3DS like a Wii Wheel for the loss of 3D. OR Have the 3D effect but not the tilting ability.
    It could work BOTH ways!

16. Qaiz

I think a slide pad is better then a Accelerometer...

17. DeadEye

All the good ones have already been said but I'll throw my two cents into the ring. I would like a feature that let's you disable the Blue Shell. It is beastly.

18. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    i agree with dissableing things. kind of like how they you turn of items in brawl!

19. Supper

Of course, it could only be disabled in VS and battle and not with Grand Prix and Wifi matches.

20. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

They could do what they are doing with Super Monkey Ball and do the tilting control scheme and have it turn off the 3D effect when doing it. Personally, an achievement system isn't really what I'd want; I'd want more characters and karts (and bikes). I would also like a custom track creator (as long as it's not too complex).

21. Supper

^Everybody said that the developers wouldn't do that, and look what happened! Now this definitely makes the possibility of Mario Kart Motion Control plausible.

22. jl32194

I would like a live action version![video=youtube;gG1ex0AAU5c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG1ex0AAU5c[/video]

23. Supper

XD Great parody! Imagine if that was in the videogame; we'd have our first M-Rated Nintendo Game!

24. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

In that Mario Kart Movie, Bowser looks. . . odd! Same thing with Donkey Kong. I would like to see the power button disabled during the online races, although I know they won't do it, it would prevent poor sports from quitting to prevent a loss from affecting their scores, and also they should take out snaking; it's SO ANNOYING!!! Especially since I don't know how to do it. :mad:

25. Supper

Snaking is pretty easy, actually. They will probably take it out and use the MKW solution for drifting, anyways. You do know that you lose the maximum amount of VR/BR possible when you quit out of a race, right? (E.G. If I quit during a race and I'm in it, the game counts my quitting as if I came in last place)

26. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Yeah, but something like disabling the power button would also make it more fun, since it's no fun playing with people that don't like losing!

27. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    whats snaking? Is it when you ride behind someone

28. Supper

29. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Yeah, snaking is in two games (or at least that I can think of), and people obliterate you if you don't know how to snake and they do online on MKDS!

30. Supper

Its a good thing they took out snaking in MKW; the bikes make the game unbalanced online already!