1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

What Is Your Favorite Final Boss of All Time?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Someone, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

The name is pretty self-explanatory. What's mine? Probably the final boss in Paper Mario! I only recently beat it via the Virtual Console. When we had a Nintendo 64, I would almost always get to Forever Forest, then get too scared, making me panic and get annihilated by the enemies! Another factor was probably because I was underleveled. Sometime (key word: sometime. Sometime as in rarely! XD) I would be a high enough level to get past, but then I would get beaten by Tubba Blubba! Is Tubba Blubba Grubba (wow, tongue twister)? Compare this image and this one! But anyway, to get on topic again, once I beat Bowser once, beating him again was a cakewalk! Actually, maybe it was because I left Bowser's Castle after that and leveled all the way up to 27 (I was originally at level 12). XD The first time I fought him, I remember using the Star Beam against him, and when it didn't work, I was freaking out. What is your favorite final boss?

2. Supper

My favorite boss is Bowser in SMB; his death is only one jump away! Honorable mention goes to Grubba; he seemed so innocent! (PM: TTYD)

3. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Yeah, have you noticed how similar Grubba (not Macho Grubba, just the blue one) is to Tubba Blubba? They have similar names, too! Put that in with his quote "It's time I showed you some real moves! Back in the day, I had so many rump–kickin' moves, they had to make some illegal!" and what do you get? Tubba Blubba! That's why I think they're the same, except Grubba's an older version. If you colored Macho Grubba's skin pale blue and his shell the same color as Tubba Blubba, you'd get a duplicate Tubba! That's just what I think, though.

Bowser in SMB is SO HARD!! I've only beaten him ONCE out of all the times I've played it!

4. Supper

Maybe when Tubba Blubba got beaten, he moved to Glitzville under a false name! Bowser isn't that hard; you just have to run under him when he jumps when throwing hammers!

5. chris

Mine is bowser in the last level in super mario 64 ds because it is hard and after you hit him 2 times the stage turns into a star and i always fall off. But when you do the clip at the end is good

6. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Oh, yeah, that one was a pain when I had a Nintendo 64!

7. Dannyboy

Super mario RPG's boss Smithy as just when you think he is beaten you go into round 2 which took me like half and hour+ to beat him that time and he is really tough. They mightn't be a final boss but I hate the axem rangers I really do

:) :cool: :)

8. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

It took that long to beat him? Is it a good game (I've heard good comments about it)?

9. Mae Tallick

Lakilester

50%
    Ganondorf. By miles.

10. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    huh... probably giga bowser from SSBM. my friends thought Taboo(SSBB) was SOOOO hard but i found him really easy!! I defeated hime in like 4 minutes on first try

11. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Did you do The Showdown on Melee (event match)? I beat it without falling off once!

12. Ahytys

Ganondorf in twilight princess!

13. Homer Fanboy

93%
    Eh that one was kinda hard for me, Someone but still not too hard.

14. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Found him kinda easy. But the battle was fun as hell.

I have a hard time picking a favourite final boss. A possible contender is the epic battle with Baby Bowser at the end of Yoshi's Island. The choreography and presentation of it is simply amazing. If, for whatever oddball reason, you haven't played Yoshi's Island yet, I won't spoil the final battle here.

15. Ahytys

Exactly, it was very funny, and it wasn't that easy to me (maybe because it was my first zelda)

16. Homer Fanboy

93%
    OOOO-OOOO i know its not a "final" boss, but still funny and awesome!! The baby in Luigi's Mansion. that thin gave me the heebie geebies!!! xD

17. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I know, it's just. . . wait. Did you say funny? o_O

18. Ahytys

I'm quite sure I did, yes... why? o_O

19. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

How is a battle with Ganondorf funny? :confused:

20. Ahytys

I don't know, it just is... at least to me :D

21. krakkenman

My favourite would have to be the final boss of Sonic The Hedgehog 2. It was really hard, and there are no rings, so if you get hit, you're dead. Took me so many lives to beat him the first time round.

22. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

What about the Sonic the Hedgehog 3 final boss?

23. firthaa01

Ganandorf on Zelda Wind Waker where you finish him off with a spinning around him lunging into his forehead move.....class!

Also Sephiroth.....easy battle i thought but a real iconic bad guy!

ooooo just thought of another one......Sonic for the dreamcast final boss Chaos where you turn into super sonic and its got the funky widdle widdle woo guitar in the background and your flying along the water dodging whirlwinds and stuff.........best sonic game in my opinion

Liquid Snake from PS1 Metal Gear Solid

lol i have tto many better save some room for other people

24. Homer Fanboy

93%
    Even though he wasn't that hard i really liked Xemnas from Kingdom hearts 2.

1 person likes this.
  25. DeadEye

Ganondorf is OoT was pretty cool as was the master hand in the smash bros games. Hard to say which one is my fave but I reckon Ganondorf nicks it.

26. 0003mg

I have quite a few favorites:

- Yami (Okami)
    - Bowser (Mario 64, Sunshine, and both Galaxies)
    - Ganondorf (Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess)
    - Count Bleck (Super Paper Mario)
    - Paper Bowser (Paper Mario 64)
    - King K. Rool (Donkey Kong 64)
    - Maybe more I can't think of.

27. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Sadly, I never got to K. Rool when we had an N64, since I couldn't find all the dumb Banana Coin things (I was really little, so that might have been a factor)! Oddly enough, I actually LOVE Yoshi's Story's final boss. . . . o_O

28. Sparky

My favorite final boss is Chao 7 from Sonic adventure (dreamcast) its creative in a way

29. 0003mg

Yoshi's Story is pretty fun, I played it so much I unlocked both the Black and White Yoshi, Unlocked All the levels, and remember the location of every melon in each level. You should try DK64 again. I still play it on my N64

30. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I don't have a Nintendo 64. )): Anyway, on topic again, I just got to the ending of Super Mario RPG, the end of the perfect RPG. The Smithy fight was fun, but a little on the easy side for me. It still could be a candidate for my favorite. My favorites are as follows:

•That robot Dr. Robotnik at the end of Sonic 3
    •Smithy
    •Bowser (Paper Mario 64)
    •Baby Bowser (Yoshi's Story)