1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

What is so good about the 3DS?

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Sil I Am, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Sil I Am

I know that there is a massive hype surrounding the Nintendo 3ds.
    But I am wondering why?. The Nintendo 3ds has 3d, oke thats very nice but still would you spend 200 pounds for a 3d nintendo ds? I know that it has a graphical update and stuff like that. But the real question is: with all the technology advancements will the Nintendo 3ds still stand strong in 2 years. I wonder.

2. Dannyboy

Well it is true that later down the lines we will probably get bored of the 3ds but right now Nintendo is classifying it as a new console (if you want proof think of this, almost every new nintendo console since mario kart has been made has had mario kart for it nintnedo never make two mario kart games for the same console) :) :cool:

3. Sil I Am

hmmm yeah I agree, but still don't you think that when Nintendo make a new console they should make it ''future proof''
    If things go just like the ds the last 2 years of its life were not very good. The graphics in particular were very much dated.
    With the Nintendo 3ds not being HD and technology advancing so fast, couldnt this mean that Nintendo will have a massive problem in the future

4. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    Um havent you read these articles?!?! The 3DS has a massage storage space. The 2 gb games are bigger than most wii games(example, Super Mario Galaxy 2, 1.5-8 gb) internet connections, ect., ect.(you really should read the articles) And you say the graphics are Ok? Will be crappy in two years? they are pretty stinking good!!!!! Have you watched the metal gear solid snake eater video it gives you gameplay and cut sceans. It is on par if not, BETTER than the wii's!!!

Enough Said!
    P.S. dont take this whole lecture the wrong way, Im not trying to be mean but, I gotta stick up for ol' ninty!
    P.P.S. Welcome to the forum

5. Ahytys

Think about the DS: though the graphics do suck, it still has a lot of cool games. I didn't buy it cause I thought it wouldn't have lasted, but if I knew all the games that were coming for it, I would have bought it right away.
    Graphics are not everything. What really matters is fun.

6. will

the fact is new technology is being developed all the time so no consol is going to stay the most powerful for long unless you really put the specs up witch would drive the price up two. my point is you can rely on nintendo to put gamepaly before graphics resulting in master pieces like super Mario galaxy.

7. Ahytys

I think the price is quite fair considering the tecnology and the fact that it will probably last years

8. GYNGA

If we would talk about hardware then I say that "so good" is just 3D. Graphics are normal. Nothing special but nothing bad also. Camera is 0.3mpx what is quite bad nowadays (sure it is 3D cam but I already mentioned 3D).

Homer fanboy, you said that 3DS graphics and storage capacity is the same or even better than Wii, but what it means? 3DS is so good that it is more powerful than home console? I wouldn't say that. I would say that Wii is so weak that is weaker than portable console. Just don't understand me wrong, I don't want to say that Wii is bad at all.

Software is another talk, but what I wanted to say that I think that as hardware it is nothing amazing despite 3D, but I agree with Ahytys that price is fair considering the technology. And Nintendo always was stronger on software, not on hardware and I have nothing against Nintendo products that they are weaker in hardware technology. But the fact is that they are and I am not afraid to say that in 3DS fans forum :) Peace

9. Ahytys

oh! I like the way you think! Totally agree with you

10. Sil I Am

Yeah me too, nice post. I totally agree with you! I go ninty for games not hardware.

11. DeadEye

To be honest, while the 3D is nice and the graphics decent, the hardware really isn't that amazing. It's the software up[on which the 3DS will thrive.

12. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

The 3DS will have a big library of games at launch (although they probably won't have Paper Mario :(), and better graphics than the DS, plus a launch capacity of 2GB! There will also be a (what I like to call it) Virtual Handheld store where you can buy GB/GBC/(possibly)GBA games, plus 3D movies. There are numerous other minor details, but those are some of the bigger features.

13. Ahytys

Yeah, actually I wouldn't call them "details" :p

14. Murfy

the graphics are fantastic for a handheld console, and im sure once you see it running in 3D you will know why a lot of people are excited for it. personally for me just seeing how good resident evil and snake eater look (without 3d) and its not even in the first cycle of its life and garuntee the graphics and use of the 3D will get way better. its just up to nintendo to balance out the shovel wear and the gems (which i think they didnt do that well on the DS).

15. Bartman2

actually paper mario has been announced for 3ds.

16. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

They haven't confirmed it for launch, though (I already knew it was going to come out for it, just not right away)!

17. xemnas

well it does have a lot more support and can play 3d movies and has a virtual console

18. Ahytys

Yeah I had almost forgot bout the virtual console! That will be great!

19. Homer Fanboy

93%

Um by storage capacity this is what i meant: Mario galaxy 2, is only 1.4 gigs!!!! the 3DS's launch size for the game cartriges are 2 0r 4 gigs(i forget, but it was somewhere arounf there) I wasn't talking about the internal storage in the system.

20. LukeyPea

He said 200 "Pounds" not Dollars, 200 Dollars for the 3DS?! Don't be silly! 200 Pounds roughly equates to 318 Dollars, but still a bargain in my eyes!

I hear ya loud and clear brother! But I'm a fan of Simulation games and when I cast my mind back to games like MySims for the DS the graphics are sickening! So sometimes the thought of better graphics gets me excited, especially when it's a game involving housing, clothing and just general things are good graphics are somewhat essential :)

21. LukeyPea

Oh! And to answer the question new consoles are so good "because".
    That's it, simply because. Every new console ever released and any that are going to be ever released will be so good just because and people will get excited and buy them, like most things in life. There is either no definitive answer or too many (and I'm not gonna start a list why it's so great, people are already doing that for me ^^) but yeah, you can't exactly fault it, can you? I think it's super and like everyone else, I cannot wait :D

22. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

It was 2GB; if it was 4GB I would explode from waiting so long!

23. Homer Fanboy

93%
    haha 4 gigs would be extreme!!!! Did you guys know that the cut scenes in Brawl took up have of the discs memory? Brawl was 8 GB, half is cut scenes, We could have a good super smash bros on the 3ds if they bump the storage up to like 4GB! it wouldn't have many scenes, but even though those cut scenes were cool, I could live without them.

24. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

The cut-scenes were cool; I loved the one that had Marth in it!