1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

what do we want

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Dannyboy, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Dannyboy

OK most of the things have been announced but that doesn't mean Nintendo can't add new things So if there is anythig you want for the 3ds put it here,if there is something you think they should change put it here and If I remember I will try to e-mail Nintendo with what you want. Just put your forum name and what you want here in this thread :)

2. woeiruty

a free chat program.
    so you can chat with everyone!

it would work like this:
    you have a list with names from all the people that are online.
    when you dubble tap on a name you see a new screen coming up.
    you see the persons Friend code numbers of the games etc.
    and a ''call this person'' button.

when someone calls you a screen comes up.
    and it sais: (the name) is calling you. accept? or deny

you can use the camera is the webcam and the microphone to talk.
    or you can chat with a keyboard that shows up on the touch screen

3. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Kind of like what woeiruty said, except a little different and more familiar: a Pictochat for people to chat with random people, or you could connect to another person directly and send them drawings, messages or even pictures! They should make the drawing space a little bigger, too. But the Pictochat 3D would be a great opportunity to send 3D pictures to other people!

4. Supper

I hope they include both 3DS Pictochat and video chat! Improved online gameplay will be very well received, too.

OT: @Someone- Crush, you're very active and post-happy! (That's a compliment :p)

5. Dannyboy

OK so at the moment when I email Nintendo you want either a 3d pictochat or basically an inbuilt phone from woeiruty's ideas

Just to make sure I got it all right :)

6. chris

I wouldnt bother emailing nintendo. I got this three times ina row:

Dear Mr. Chris
    Thank you for your interest in the Nintendo 3DS console.
    As stated in the previous email unfortunately, we cannot reveal
    any specifics at this time regarding the final version of the
    console, unit colours, a possible release date or a recommended
    retail price.
    It is very likely that further information will be made available
    over the coming months, so we do recommend that you keep up
    to date with the latest news from Nintendo by visiting our official
    homepage, which can be found at:
    Home - Nintendo

And alli asked was there a date that nintendo will reveal more info on the 3ds.

7. DeadEye

I would like to see Pictochat. We've no confirmation yet as to whether it is included as part of the pre-installed software on 3DS.

8. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

If there was a 3D Flipnote Studio, how would you draw 3D pictures? Chris (or, as Nintendo would say, Mr. Chris. . . XD), that would be so annoying! If there's one thing I don't like more than insects in gum, it's automated messages!

9. Dannyboy

Well I will try even still and whatever happens, happens but I will do it probably quite soon

just so you know I would like lots of augmented reality, wifi pictochat, feature allowing you to send videos(if possible I will mention that as well) and photos to the internet even just in 2d that would be good. I would also like 3G (I am one of the people who would pay for it if you didn't pay for it by credit card maybe Nintendo points or something) and that's all I can think of at the minute :)

10. Supper

They only say that if you try to get hard information about the console. Someone sent in suggestions by E-Mail and they said that they will be considered. So if you send the suggestions in, they will accept them. Also, replace "phone-like ability" with a "video-chat feature".

11. Dannyboy

OK thanks for that information I will probably send it to them what is currently here in a short period of time and if I get any response from Nintendo I will publish it here

Todays yoshi "Yoshi...Yoshi....Yoshi" (just so you know I am doing this in at least one post daily until feldo comes back to the forum from his break to give us some yoshi ness on the forum. Feel free to do it if you like) :)

12. DeadEye

I would also like to see, assuming 3DS retains DSi's ability to play music, the music visualizers in 3D.

13. Supper

What were the "music visualizers" of the DSi?

14. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I think the things like this thing or this one (the second one starts showing it a ~1:18).

15. Supper

Oh, that's what it does. That would be cool in 3D! Could the DSi play normal music? (ITunes like)

16. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Do you mean regular music like MP3's? If so, then no, they can't. You can convert YouTube videos to MP4 or AAC (the files the DSi takes) with some sites, though.

17. Dannyboy

OK I have some bad news for you all. I recently emailed Nintendo with a few of the most popular ideas so far and here is the responce I recieved from them

Hello,

Thank you for writing. Although we appreciate your interest in sharing your ideas with us , we are unable to pass along or accept unsolicited ideas for legal reasons. For more information, please visit the following address:

| Nintendo - Corporate Information | Company FAQs

Also, be sure to check our website's What's New section (What's New at Nintendo) regularly for all the latest information and announcements regarding our products.

I however checked the provided link and it said nothing about legal reasons. I however am going to write a strongly worded letter to nintendo expressing how annoyed I am and how annoyed I assume you are and I will see if anything happens so for the minute keep posting your ideas here and I will get back to you on this.

Time for todays yoshi in 3....2....1.... "Yoshi...Yoshi....Yoshi....Yoshi"
    :)

18. Fifth_Muskateer

I want the online to be just as good if not better than the 360's online service! Could help with a range of games like SSF4, MGS3 and Resi Mercenaries!

19. Qaiz

Yh they cant just accept any ideas from the public because they if they do implement it, you could turn around and ask for a fee or some of the profits and it would be hectic for them. They don't want the risk of having strings attached.

Great of you to email them and get a response, well done :)

20. Supper

Ah, now I see. Hopefully the 3DS will be able to support MP3s!

@Dannyboy- Sorry for the misinformation, and thanks for trying! Maybe they aren't accepting ideas anymore.....

21. Dannyboy

Oh I'm going to keep trying until they say they are at least going to consider our ideas. I have already writen a storngly worded letter (now swears more insults to laziness) and said if they don't give a good enough reason why they can't consider them I have demanded Satoru Iwata himself sends me an email explaining why but I will keep trying. I am still waiting for the reply from the strongly worded letter so watch this space.

On a lighter note it's time for todays yoshi in 3...2...1... "Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi" :)

22. Dannyboy

I got another responce from Nintendo about our ideas. Don't worry though I will continue trying possibly in a while. However until then here is the responce I recieved from them
    You're absolutely correct that it would be a waste of time to carefully read through the ideas that our fans send us, because there is nothing we can do with them. I know this seems like a cop-out, but we really do not accept anyone's unsolicited ideas. In your case, submitting ideas for the Nintendo 3DS is not necessary because the hardware is for all intents and purposes finished. As I mentioned in my earlier response to you, we're just not yet prepared to discuss the system's details. Thank you for understanding.

However when I read the email from my account there was no sender details other than from Nintendo there was no one represented. Sorry about that being cut off but maybe they just forgot to include it or It is secretly form satoru iwats as I asked either way it could mean progress but don't worry I will get our ideas considered or have my email account blocked from Nintendo trying :)

23. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I don't think you should, because then they'll just ignore what you say, considering you a spammer, or even block you; if you want to give them ideas, then you should take a programming class for C++ or something, and then try get a job there. Emailing them over and over won't get anywhere. Cussing and swearing doesn't help, either. In their eyes, they probably consider you a troll or a spammer, so you should probably stop.

24. chris

swearing doesnt work!!! No wonder nintendo didnt reply to me when i gave my 'feedback' on the dates on the nintendo 3ds

25. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Yeah! Are you being sarcastic, or did you actually do that? XD

26. Dannyboy

I will try that as next year after my GCSEs I will do a game design course hopefully and try get into Nintendo after I am trained.

There was no actual swearing more insults about them not being bothered to get off their backsides and make a console that the players want

27. Qaiz

It wont be as easy as you think. Nintendo consists of a very tight family of game creators that have years of practice and experience working with game code languages. Its not just the technical experiences but the creative and amazing stories telling that the creators have that allows them to excel.

I'm not trying to crush your dreams, go for them, its great to dreams and its not impossible, but it wont be easy. Would presumably have to be part of a smaller team of devs before you are noticed and taken on-board by Nintendo.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

28. chris

I ..eh.. Needed to get something off my chest about the 3ds date and it wasnt a good thing. And also the date about professor layton and the lost future. But its out today so i dont really care. And i was looking at the email. I really dont blame them if they blocked me...

29. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Heh, I know how you feel. . . :eek:

30. Dannyboy

Don't worry i didn't mean go straight to Nintendo I meant something like that to an extent but I know I won't get straight into Nintendo but What company could i go with? :)