1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

what are you expecting of a NEW zelda title for the 3ds?

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Steffex, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Steffex

hey guys!

as a true zelda fan i would like to know what you guys expect of a new zelda title for the 3ds. With new i mean a completely new zelda and not a remake! :D

Style
    i mean we have the phantom hourglass and the spirrit tracks on the ds and they where great games! but now that we have got the better graphics option, will they continue on making a game in the PH & ST style? do you think they will go with the realistic/oot/TP look? or will they make another completely different style for the 3ds?

i think they will make a new style.. well new.. i think they will take the style from the new skyward sword game but simplify it a bit more (altough i dont think the 3ds will be weaker much than the wii so i think the style will be allot the same :) )

Gameplay
    also gameplay.. hmm it will take the full experience i guess .. i mean it is a nintendo classic and as we all know.. nintendo knows how to make games for their hardware!

well that was my fan rant about the new zelda game that .. i think wont be here for long but im still exited about it ;)

sooo what are your ideas people?! =o tell me all about it!!;)

2. 3D Gamer

Sushie

25%
    I'm expecting that you use the Boom-Boomog slider to move (like an N64) and the D-Pad to change camera views and use Items.
    I also think it will be with the realastic style.

3. Steffex

yea thats an awesome idea =o i allways forget the slide pad for some reason.. hope they will use it well ! =D

4. Supper

The new Zelda might have Toon Link in it continuing from the DS Zeldas.

5. Outlawstar

Personally I would love a TRUE wind waker sequel, the wind waker had a magic all of its own, and while not the best in the series(its close, just not hard enough) it has something the others zeldas dont, be it the style or wonderful sound effects or beautiful animation, or vast ocean jouneys(which I love) Ive never had as much outright Fun in a Zelda game than wind waker!

6. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

I'd like to see the Skyward Sword graphical style return. It's the perfect compromise between the smoothness of the WW/PH/ST style and the realistic OoT/MM/TP one; and it looks utterly beautiful. The 3DS should have no problem handling it, as it is rumoured to be at least as, if not more powerful than the Wii.

Gameplay-wise, I hope that they're not gonna make it an "accessible" experience in the same way as they did with PH and ST; meaning, dumb it down and strip Zelda down to its very core. I'm hoping to see another AAA production like WW, OoT, or TP, with all the little nuances from console Zeldas included in it.

7. Qaiz

I don't like the look of Skyward Sword, it looks like a weird painting.

8. GYNGA

I played Zelda on mobile phone once. I quite liked it. I would like see this game in 3rd person view that it would be RPG like Final Fantasy or something like that :D

9. StuartY

I've got to say, I prefer DS/GameCube toon Link to Skyward Sword, and I think it's a good look for portable titles.

10. Qaiz

Yup.

I loved The Wind Waker style!

Cell shaded ftw.

11. Steffex

you guys have some awesome ideas =D

i think cell shaded style would be the best for a handheld! i mean.. those detailed graphics on a litle screen are nice and all.. but cartoony would be more fun i guess.. well i would love both styles =]

zelda is .. and will allways be awesome to me! =D

12. Supper

Well, since they already have a "realistic" Zelda with the Oot remake, they might make a new Zelda with the Skyward Sword graphical style on the 3DS.

13. Qaiz

...Or Wind Waker

14. Dannyboy

I would love to have a game which is a mix between Skyward sword and twilight princess in graphics and I would put the menu on the touch screen for easy access

15. Supper

You know, the Skyward Sword graphical style was supposed to be a mix between WW and TP graphics.

16. kallumsmarties

i tihnk cartoon zelda or it be a twilight princess look but for now summit we wont see for probs years as they brought back a original game then start on next