1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Sticky Welcome to NintyBuzz Forums!

Discussion in 'Website Feedback + Community' started by triforceguy1, Jun 6, 2016.

1. triforceguy1

Staff Member Flint Cragley

38%
    Well, it's taken six months, but we finally did it. It may be the end of an era, but it is also the start of a new one. 3DS Buzz Forums is officially NintyBuzz Forums.

3DS Buzz started way back in 2010, where you could keep up with all the latest 3DS news and talk about Nintendo's latest handheld wonder and more. For the past six years (well, just under), the site grew a bustling community, and though it has gone quiet more recently, it's still full of great people. There have been highs and lows, but it truly was a remarkable online experience, and probably one of the closest communities on the web I have ever been in.

Before we set off on our new adventure, I would like to take the chance to thank Adam for conceiving 3DS Buzz, one of the few sites I would visit daily. Without him, I probably would not be a writer today! I would also like to thank all the previous staff members for maintaining us crazy lot, though I really hope I see them again here!

Now, what's going to happen? There's a lot I have planned for the near future. I plan to really make an emphasis on user involvement for the blog, host new gaming tournaments, and much more. Some things may take a bit longer, but the worst of the waiting is now over.

Already, I have implemented plenty of new things. Firstly, you may have noticed that we have a brand new appearance, yet it somehow feels familiar. (oh, it's also fully responsive for a range of different displays) I have also reorganised the forums a bit to keep it up to date. There are also dedicated sections for Tournaments and Rom Hacking. Finally, we have changed the service used for the shoutbox! There are still a few things for me to tidy up, but the majority of the work is done.

For those of you who are new to the place, I would like to welcome you all to the NintyBuzz Community, and I hope you are able to make plenty of new friends here, as well as participate in lots of discussions!

Leon Out!

2. Blarg

Blarg I didn't like it, I...loved it!
    Staff Member Squirps

90%
    Would you like us to spread the word or get involved with advertising in any way? I'd be happy to help :)

I know I've mentioned this before, but I think if XenForo has a 'mass email to old members' function, we should definitely advertise our revamped-ness through it.

3. XAIXER

Admiral Bobbery

30%
    Great job, Leon! Is there going to be a homebrew section?

4. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    I'm happy to have the forum in Leon's very capable hands.

#4 Adam, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  5. triforceguy1

38%
    Thank you. You can discuss that in ROM Hacking. If you like, I will change the name to ROM Hacking/Homebrew

Thank you :)

XAIXER likes this.
  6. triforceguy1

38%
    If you could spread the word, it would be greatly appreciated

I am already planning to send out a mass email, but I want to compile it first so I only send one :)

7. Homer Fanboy

93%
    The forums look GREAT. The formatting fits my screen perfectly on mobile. I'm seriously impressed, Leon.

Here's to many more years of Buzzin' *cheers emoji*

#7 Homer Fanboy, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  8. triforceguy1

38%
    Thank you very much :)

9. CragleyHo

Kooper

33%
    I've been away from NintyBuzz far too long... perhaps I could do some cragtrotting... and by me, I mean pretend to get kidnapped

10. Zok

Zok
    Francis

40%
    I like how we can swear.

Great job!