1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

The 3DS Release Date Thread!

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Feld0, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

We can't have a 3DS forum without a discussion topic about when we'll actually be getting the 3DS in our grubby little paws, now can we? Over at the main site, we have a page where we post updates and rumours about it.

I personally think we'll be getting the 3DS sometime before Christmas this year. I mean, Nintendo would be a little silly to miss out on the so-called holiday rush, don'tcha think?

Hehe, I even think it's possible Nintendo may pull a SEGA on us and release it on September 29th, but don't quote me on that one.

Anyway, discuss the release date here!

2. sunshine

Well, apparently the announcement for the release date is on the 29th September, but whether it will be released on that date is a completely different point altogether! Hopefully it will be released this year, and even if we can't buy it, we'll still be able to oggle over it in popular stores such as HMV and Game etc! = ).

3. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    I think they'll do the same as they have with the DSi and DSi XL unfortunately. Christmas release for Japan but early to mid next year for the rest of us. But I wouldn't bet on it either way.

4. Dannyboy

apparently Nintendo are trying to get the 3ds released everywhere by 31st March 2011 by the end of the financial year so Japan will probably get a Christmas release , America will probably get a mid January launch and Europe will get a mid february to early March release possibly :)

5. Qaiz

Well the DSi and DSi XL have been reduced in price just now.

DSi is now $149.99 and the DSi XL is $169.99 so the 3DS is opened for a $200 price point.

As for the date, the 3DS would by released in November in Japan and December in US and February-march in the UK, tho I would assume the Japan and US dates are interchangeable, since its made in Japan And Japan is the place what is the biggest challenge for game consoles, but US have been getting released dates there earlier lately (with the Wii and Ds)

6. Feld0

I have a feeling Nintendo may replicate the Wii's launch and have a single, international release date for all territories. I mean, with tech this hot, they'd probably want to avoid people in certain countries being angry and protesting (sometimes not in the nicest of ways :s) about "lucky Japanese" or "those American *****". It's bad for PR, which has always been a priority for Nintendo.

7. kallumsmarties

i think they will now other make r trying to make 3d free glasses msi pc and camcorders they should think about getting it out at christmas so they wont steal its money

8. Qaiz

Yes but do you really think Nintendo could produce enough consoles to meet demand?
    Its one of the first 3D portable devices for the mass market with an affordable 3D camera, albeit 0.3MP, and a bunch of Classic games, which hardly any are ready for launch, even Kid Icarus isn't finished yet. The only games near completed are StarFox64 and Pilotwings and Nintendogs.

I mean it doesn't matter if Nintendo made a million 3DS's, they will be gone in seconds if not days.

9. Feld0

One of the leading reasons the Wii was sold out for so long was that Nintendo themselves did not expect it to be the runaway success it turned out to be. I'm hoping they've learned from this and will have the situation with the 3DS under a little more control.

Then again, even Nintendo has limits. :p

10. Qaiz

Its not really about supply tho Its about demand

They could make millions of units ready for launch

But them millions of units will be sold out instantly.

The thing stopping people from buying the devices is not money but the fact there are non available.

So the more they make the more units, people that buy them, but demand will still be high because there always will be someone who doesn't' get it due to being sold out.

11. jl32194

I am going to put the release date sometime mid-November. The original DS, the Wii, the Gameboy color, and the Gamecube were all released then.

12. Qaiz

November for Japan
    December for US
    March for UK

Not official btw

13. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    I think that we'll be looking at a mid November release just because of that reason.

14. GYNGA

I am thinking about November too. September 29th... I can't wait to know an actual release date. And price also.

15. Qaiz

Hopefully, tho we will find out on 29th September :D

16. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I love looking back on these predictions! If only the 3DS was out by now, as most predictions said. I'm guessing either March 19th or March 26th, since they'd want to make as much 3DS's as possible, so they would prolong the release, and they also usually launch things on Sundays!

17. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    i am going with March 19th for US, and March 26th for UK

18. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I hope it doesn't somehow go past March. . . if it did, I would be SO annoyed!

19. Supper

I don't think it's going to go past March. It seems they set a comfortable release date that is enough time for them to make many units to fit the consumers' demand.

20. Homer Fanboy

93%
    Yeah, the already said the farthest release date would be the end of march, so I don't think you should worry.

21. Shnuk

I can't see nintendo pushing past march. Hopefully they've learned how to get the units out there after the wii and they wont need to make us wait any longer.

22. Chewbacca171

For the UK, the price is estimated around 189.99 but Ninty promised it would be around 150 or so.

As for the release date, that's supposed to be announced late january 2011 and it's rumored to be before March 30th 2011, but you never know guys.

23. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

24. 0003mg

Based on Nintendo's history, the 3DS may be launched on a Sunday. Here in the US, That could make the release date March 6, 13, 20, or 27

25. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Oh, I was wrong in my previous prediction post (the one guessing either the 19th or 26th); I was one day off! I'm guessing the 20th at the earliest.

26. Homer Fanboy

93%
    So was I. . . ./: (

27. Shnuk

Yeah, I just can't see Nintendo releasing it alongside (or a week after) pokémon. But i wouldn't be disappointed if they proved me wrong... :D

28. 0003mg

It may be smart to release it with pokemon because they may get people to buy both.

29. shatteredempathy

30. Shnuk

But haven't they only confirmed pokémon to be a DS release on that date?