1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hello Guest!
    Want to win $/€/£50 to spend on the Nintendo eShop? Click here to sign up for our Splatoon 2 Tournament!
Hello Guest!
Want to win $/€/£50 to spend on the Nintendo eShop?
Click here to sign up for our Splatoon 2 Tournament!

Tag Mode

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by ryty1231, Sep 19, 2010.

?

What do you think of tag mode?

1. Good!

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. It depends how they use it.

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Bad!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    Personally, I think tag mode is great. I bet it will improve the amount of gamers that play their systems in public, and they're will be lots of cool features in games we can use it with. It can possibly make Wifi easier too!

Now you decide! What do you think of tag mode? Good or bad?

2. brian6330

Parakarry

I think it is a good because it gives many good opportunities for games to do special things.

3. Qaiz

It will be very interesting to see who else has a 3DS and who I will bump into.

It will make me feel like a Pokemon trainer or something, carrying my Pokedex around to catch them all!

4. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    That made me laugh. Never thought of it that way.

5. Qaiz

Thats how I see it tho! :eek:

Its like I'm Ash and I'm walking around the Mall with my 3DS attached to my belt. Everyone thinks I'm normal, but little do they know I'm a Pokemon Trainer :cool:, and I have my Pokédex ready to catch the next Poékmon in my sight... Maybe I will bump into you? But you better remember I will have my Tag Mode ready and I will beat you :cool:

6. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    In your dreams.

7. Qaiz

It will be, well it should since The Pokemon Company were one of the first Devs to get a 3DS Dev Kit.

If not, they will bring out a 3DS Pokemon version down the line,

PS: I was joking about catching Pokemon, I was making it look like I was Ash and my 3DS was a PokeDex, you know, joking...

8. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    Yeah, I was saying in your dreams to you beating me. :p

9. Qaiz

Hehe, we shall see about that, you better keep you Tag Mode off because I'l be stalking you, ready to pounce and attack!

I will be victorious! :cool:

jk

10. GYNGA

Tag mode is something like bluetooth in ON mode in cellphones, when others can connect to you? I have never had DS so I don't know... :eek: :rolleyes:

11. Qaiz

Tag Mode if I'm correct is basically a feature thats always on. It makes your 3DS receives data and give data.

If you carry your 3DS in the street for example, and you walk past another person with a 3DS, you don't even have to open your 3DS or even know that person, it will download data from his/her 3DS.

Maybe like ghost data (so if that person played Mario Kart, it will save that persons lap and you can play against it as if it is the CPU)

It might also exchange data like Pokemon or other things Like DLC (Downloadable Content)

So if I'm correct, it will act like a exchange service, a bit like walking past a Wi-FI hub and having your firmware upgrade.

We don't know how it will be used, but don't worry about having your personal stuff going to there users :)

12. GYNGA

Oh... That's how... Then I vote "Good!" :eek:

13. Qaiz

Yh its defiantly good :D

Makes gaming more fun.

It will be really nice to open your 3DS after a long day at school and see a ton of new stuff on your device, you wont even know who had a 3DS, that would make it a mystery.

14. hodgem08

it would be cool cause a ton of ma freinds are getting the 3DS and i can recive there mario kart data during boring lessons!

15. Qaiz

Yh that would be cool

16. GYNGA

Good for you. I doubt that someone in my school will buy 3DS. Maybe few people. Because my school is quite small (about 750 students) and there is not many people who can afford to buy 3DS. And those who can afford I doubt that they will buy, because in Lithuania quite a lot of people still gaming with PC. Even if in a past few years we got much more interested in consoles, but handhelds are very rare there :(

17. Supper

I'll be trying to use Tag Mode as best as I can, but unfortunately most of my friends will probably not get the 3DS early, instead opting for the new IPod Touch. (I've been having thoughts about getting it, too!)

18. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

So the iPod craze is universal, after all. I honestly don't understand what people love so much about it; and how can microscopic pixels possibly be more interesting to you than glassesless 3D? People these days... :p

19. chris

Tag mode is a good idea, but using it will drain battery power. If they made the battery more powerful then it might be better

20. GYNGA

Yeah, that's strange, because iPod touch cost similar to 3DS (predictible), but it is all the way worse than 3DS, despite good touchscreen and sure iPod is better for music listening.

21. Qaiz

You guys...

THE iPOD IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT BEAST TO THE 3DS!

You cant compare Apples to oranges.

The iPod wipes everything out interns or User Interface and user friendliness. It has an amazing Music player as well as a Video player and one of the greatest mobile browser of all time. It is also very small and has some of the greatest touch screen capabilities on any device with multi-touch support and an amazing App Store.

It costs more but the tech specs and animations are one of a kind.

256MB Ram. A8 Cortex CPU clocked at 1GHz and a 3.5Inch touch screen and an unprecedented battery. It also has a HD camera that records 720p at 30FPS and also is capable of video calls. It also has one of the Highest resolution screens on a portable device with 326 pixels per inch.

An amazing book reader, Video editing features, iTunes store anywhere you go, Mail, Photo's, YouTube, app-store, weather, stocks as well as a Multi-functional calculator and much more.

It also has a gyroscope, accelerometer ad much more.

3D? 3D is okay but it isn't everything. We have played games and viewed TV in 2D all our life, so why is 3D great now? Because you Favorite company is bringing it into its device?

If the 3DS didn't have 3D, you would say "3D? Who needs it."

You cant compare a 3DS to an iPod. I could say the the same thing...

"Who wants a 3DS? Its so small and doesn't even do HD! I rather have a PS3!"

OR

"Who wants a Wii? Its only SD, The PS3 does 3D and HD!"

Point made?

22. GYNGA

Qaiz, thanks for intelligent post, your arguments are really good. Hell yeah, iPod touch is good device. It depends on what you want and what you need. If you want gaming then 3DS. If gaming isn't the most necessary thing then you should choose iPod.

23. jojo71

agreed then if you want a great mega gaming device choose 3ds if you want an a bit over average multimedia device get ipod,(althoug the 3ds has multimedia capabilities as well)