1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Super Smash Bros 3DS

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by jojo71, Sep 19, 2010.

1. jojo71

super smash bros wii was a hit i would love to see it on the 3ds just imagine way better graphics and 3d visuals the best game i would probably ever play (so far) who agrees:rolleyes::confused::confused::p

2. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    I'd love to see one! They'd definitely need to improve the Wifi. SSBB's was horrible!

3. Dannyboy

That would be awsome in fact awsome wouldn't even descirbe it. SSBB was so great and a portable version of it would be even better as they could include the Brawl characters (some of them at least) bring back some much loved favourites from old games e.g Pichu and Maybe even include some new characters such as baby mario and luigi:cool::D:cool:

4. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    I'd also like it if you could actually save screenshots to your SD card. Mine never saved. :(

5. woeiruty

lol

whatever its gonna be

it would be awesome!

but whats your friendcode in smash bros brawl

6. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Smash Portable? DO WANT. *salivates*

People have been wanting a handheld Smash for a long, long time, but until now, I think the only factor stopping Nintendo from making one was the lack of graphical grunt. A DS version would've looked like a blocky, low-res mess after the visual splendour of SSBB, and I don't think people would've taken too well to a 2D sprite-based Smash on the GBA.

But with the 3DS's power said to be exceeding that of the Wii, and cartridges bigger than GCN discs (with even bigger ones on the way), that shouldn't be an issue anymore. And the "2.5D" look (2D game with polygonal 3D graphics) would be a real stunner if it was in 3D. Also, think about the slide pad: how awesome would it be to use that in a Smash game?

7. DeadEye

All the Smash Bro games have been great so far, and a Smash Bros 3DS would be awesome. Preferably an all new-one and not a remake of the N64, or port of the GC, ones.

8. 3D Gamer

Sushie

25%
    Was there a Super Smash Bros game on the DS?

9. Supper

No, there wasn't, but the possibility of one on the 3DS has been raised due to the new slide pad and power of the console. ;)

10. Axis

Damn Someone Beat me to this Thread xD
    Super Smash Brothers Was In fact My Very first Game!!
    My Dad set out and got me a Nintendo 64 on his big promotion, and When he told me to choose a game, I picked Super smash Brothers!!
    So this series holds a very special place in my heart!!
    I really hope with utmost hope That they release a SMB for 3DS!!

11. jojo71

heart warming axis

12. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    THIS WOULD BE AWESOME! I agree, the Wifi was crappy on brawl. I thought it would be neat if maybe you could talk to the other players during the match through the microphone. And I hope they put more Kirby characters in, like Waddle Doo, Fololo, and Falala. It would be nice to see Daisy and the babies in their to. I also think a cool thing to do for the Pokemon's final smashes would be evolving. (similar to how Samus turns into Zero-Suit Samus) For example, Pikachu would evolve into Riachu! That would be sweet!

13. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    another good thread idea would be characters you want to see in the next super smash bros !

14. Supper

^You can make a thread if you want to about that. :) I just think they should keep the base characters of melee and replace a few characters because I don't think the 3DS will be able to handle the level of SSBB, rather SSBM. Heck, I'll be happy if they just make a SSB game for the 3DS!

15. Feld0

The 3DS is technically more powerful than a Wii, y'know. The only issue with an SSBB-like Smash game on it is storage space; 2 GB just won't cut it for the sequel to a 7.5 GB game (one of only two Wii games to use the special 8.5 GB dual-layer disc format). It'll probably come along later once Nintendo releases 8 GB 3DS cartridges that will be able to hold a game that big.

16. Supper

Yeah, that's why I was thinking of a smaller, SSBM style game which was only about 1.5-2GB in size.

17. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Whenever I go online with SSBB, every single time there was either a hacker that made himself invincible, or it lagged like crazy! :mad: If SSB3D comes out, it's the second game I'm getting, the first being Paper Mario. Unless Donkey Kong 64 3D comes out, then it will be my third.

18. DeadEye

I wonder if Nintendo is considering remaking the original Super Smash Bros on N64. I hope not, I would prefer an original. But storage could be an issue (unless we see 8GB Game Cards). If we do get an original they I reckon the quantity of content will be equal to that of GC, and hopefully with the quality of Brawl as that was the best in the series in my opinion.

19. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I agree with you, except for one thing: there wasn't that much characters on SSB64. It would be cool if they made a Super Smash Bros. with a few stages from every game. They should have a bigger selection of Stage Builder items, too, since they didn't have lava, textures, water, etc. It would be nice if you could load textures from the SD card on to a stage, so then you could make an 8-bit stage (Super Mario Bros. stages, for example), or a Subspace Emissary level!

20. Feld0

8 GB cartridges are sure to come along at some point. I, personally, would love it if they dropped the pre-rendered cutscenes for the Subspace Emissary (those took up about 3-4 GB on the disc alone!) in favour of including EVERY SINGLE stage ever made for all three previous Smash games. Plus a new complement of 30-40 original stages. There's no way you could go wrong with that.

21. Supper

That would be great! I wonder if there will be challenges for the game?

22. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

If 8GB cartridges came along, this handheld would be the best handheld EVER! There will probably be challenges on it, since they usually keep the features in the next SSB game. They should have the New Super Mario Bros. castle level, the penultimate one, with Dry Bowser appearing occasionally in the level breathing fire and jumping on people, like the 8-bit Donkey Kong level on SSBB!

23. nintendo3DS

hello guys i am new to this site, and i was wondering what kind of ideas you would have for the game super smash bros 3DS (SSB) (IF THEY MAKE IT)

24. Shnuk

Here is an od thread with some member's suggestions/idea/dreams for characters in SSB 3DS. I hope that they'll have a lot of them, or a lot of stages.

I would like a big lobby for online play, where you walk around as the character you brawl as and challenge people from there. There are different levels depending on how good you are, and by beating easy people you move up to harder areas.

25. nintendo3DS

thats a good idea and also for online play it should be an online lag free experience unlike super smah bros brawl.

26. nintendo3DS

ya it was HORRIBLE!!

27. Nano Toad 64

That would be awesome. I now I've basically jacked Mega Man off in all of my posts, but he needs to be in it if they make one.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has random disconnections online >_<. Also it takes FOREVER to find a match. I take out all my anger on the stupid bag. Yet I find myself still using it. I'm such a ***** :3

28. Justin

Don't see how that makes you a--

Nevermind.

On a lighter note, I honestly don't see this happening, or if it did, it being very great. The director, after leaving Nintendo and starting his own company, Sora, said it was his last time directing that game.

29. Dalto

I've played all past Smash Bros games, and didn't like them much simply because I didn't own them. I played them with people who owned and played the game for years and I knew next to nothing. (frustrating and not fun at all)
    If they do make a Smash Bros. game for the 3DS, I'll be sure to buy it.