1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Should nintendo have released the 3ds with a 3d touch or not.

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by chris, Sep 3, 2010.

1. chris

Should nintendo have released the 3ds with a 3d touch or not. Or should both cameras be 3d instead of just one? I think it should have 2 3d cameras and a 3d touchscreen. Also it should have some internal storage on it. Anyone agree?

2. Angel792

The 3d doesn't work with touchscreen because, when it get scratch and dirty, the 3d effect wont work. But I agree on the internal storage and the camera inside the 3ds, should have 3d, like the other one.

3. GYNGA

I think the 3D touchscreen is bad idea. It's just useless. And the second camera as 3D isn't essential too. But the internal storage is quite good feature.

4. Qaiz

3D touch screen could work by all means. Like the many phones that are coming out with 3D screens and the many Tablets that are going to have 3D touch capacitive screens.

The 3DS is resistive, so its a bit different, but It could work.

People are already complaining about the price and how it might be too expensive, you want another parallax barrier screen and another camera lense, so you can see your face in 3D???

People forget this is a Game device :/

5. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    I don't see the purpose of it, just makes it more expensive. Plus, I heard that Nintendo is slowly abandoning the touch screen, and it'll be more for menus and such. I'm sure it'll play a big part in games like Professor Layton though.

6. Qaiz

The touch screen wont be as dominant, but mark my words it will be used a lot in many games, especially FPS games.

7. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    Well that's kind of what I meant, the touch screen was the thing that made the DS the DS, it influenced a lot of the games, but the 3DS now has the slide pad, which will start to take control a little more. I'm sure the touch screen will still be used, but now it has some competition.

8. Qaiz

True, but many games need 2 slide pads, thus why many people complain about the PSP having only 1.

The slide pad will be used to move the character, and the touch screen will be used to move the camera/view angle.

9. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    It seems like it would be hard to control the system like that.

10. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Nah, it would work rather well, actually. Ever played Metroid Prime Hunters? It works just like that, except that you use the D-pad instead of the slide pad. The control's silky smooth and very accurate and responsive.

11. Qaiz

That control scheme is one of the best for FPS games.

12. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    I know, but it sound weird. Holding the DS with your right hand, and using the stylus with your left hand.

*Goes to DS and checks out Pictochat*

Oh, I see what you mean. It just sounded weird :eek:

13. Doctor Conan

@Qaiz in your first post you said that some companies are making touch sensitive touchscreens with 3D but I think it is because the touchscreen is not vulnerable to fingerprints and also I think it is scratch resistant.

14. Qaiz

Yes thats very true and I did take that into consideration, but I was just trying to make a point that touchscreen 3D is possible, but not feasible with the resistive screen, especially when it will be in the hands of millions of kids with greasy fingers..

15. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Where did you hear that? I hope it's not true, since, although some people take it for granted, I LOVE the touch screen! I wonder if they'll start making a "smell" thing. . . that would stink (pun intended), imagine playing a zombie shooting game like Resident Evil (sorry if I'm wrong about RE being a zombie shooter, I haven't played one before). That would STINK though!!

16. Supper

Hopefully 3DS first-person shooters will have as good controls as in Metroid Prime Hunters!

17. Dannyboy

I don't think they should have put 3d on the touch screen but I do agree on the storage and an extra camera lense inside :)

18. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Yeah, some people like it; some people don't. Personally, I really like it! You can adjust the sensitivity on touch mode, or just use the D-Pad for people that don't like the touch screen!

19. Supper

Plus, if you're putting a stylus or finger on the screen, you can't see the screen very well. Therefore the 3D effect would be ruined.