1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hello Guest!
    Want to win $/€/£50 to spend on the Nintendo eShop? Click here to sign up for our Splatoon 2 Tournament!
Hello Guest!
Want to win $/€/£50 to spend on the Nintendo eShop?
Click here to sign up for our Splatoon 2 Tournament!

should iget DSIxl?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by hodgem08, Oct 15, 2010.

1. hodgem08

hi as you may no the 3ds is out in march. this is after christmas and it cost a lot. so im going to get a dsixl for xmas instead. but is it any good? what are its feautures? wat colour? dsi or dsixl? wat games (i already getting the the lost future)? help!

2. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    the xl doesnt have new games besides the dsi shop games and the normal ds games. I would go with the dsi because i think it looks sharper( i dont know if this is true but the graphics are better?) and its a whole lot cheaper

3. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

It depends.

1.Do you like playing your DSi in public, and like how you can slip it into your pocket easily?
    2.Do you even have a DSi yet?

If you think "yes" for the first question, then I recommend you don't get it, but if you say no, then you could get it if you wanted to.

If you say "no" to the second question, then save your money for a 3DS, but if you say yes, then keep the DSi.

The DSi XL doesn't have any new features, except for a bigger screen, that's it. There's no improved audio, there isn't better graphics, and it doesn't have DSi XL exclusive features or games. If you don't care about the bigger screen, I say you shouldn't get it!

4. Supper

In my opinion you should skip the DSi series altogether and just get a DS Lite. That is if you don't have a DS in the first place.

5. chris

But there is 3 new xl colours out

6. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    The yellow and green ones are kinda neat but there still just TOOOO big!!

7. Supper

Well, colors are a secondary feature of game consoles. I'm only saying to get the cheaper DS Lite because the 3DS will be here soon enough. If there was no 3DS announced for the beginning of next year I would recommend it.

8. Fifth_Muskateer

I would get one if I had the spare funds to give out to get one, but the main reason would be to just give it to a family member when im finished with it! Because it wouldn't even be worth the trade in price when the 3ds comes out.

9. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

"Trade-in price"? You mean like GameStop?! They rip you off SO MUCH!!! I recommend selling it for double what any of those game stores offer, since they are SO stingy with their money! I traded in my Nintendo DS (what they call the DS "phat"), a couple of DS games and some GameBoy Advance games, and how much did they give me? $100 DOLLARS!!! I got ripped off so bad, but I wanted to get rid of it, so I accepted! [noparse]:mad:[/noparse]