1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hello Guest!
    Want to win $/€/£50 to spend on the Nintendo eShop? Click here to sign up for our Splatoon 2 Tournament!
Hello Guest!
Want to win $/€/£50 to spend on the Nintendo eShop?
Click here to sign up for our Splatoon 2 Tournament!

Psp2

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by GYNGA, Sep 19, 2010.

1. GYNGA

We all know that the PSP is a DS competitor. So I think that there is a good place to talk about upcoming 3DS competitor - PSP2.

Yesterday a new rumors about PSP2 appeared, which says that Sony's new handheld alrady exists and is in games developers hands. Netherrealm Studios (Mortal Combat creators) executive producer Shaun Himmerick said: "We're not launching day one on all consoles like that, we are looking at them; we have a PSP2 in the house and we're looking at the engine, like what can it support."

He also mentioned that PSP2 can run at 60fps and that it is "pretty powerful machine".

What do you think about this rumor? Can PSP2 really exist already and be in developers hands?

You can read more there: PSP2 is Real, Developer Claims - PSP News at IGN

P.S. I am writing this for administrators - I wrote PSP2, but the system made it Psp2. Please fix it, because it looks quite ridiculous when it's wrote like that :(

2. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    I just read an article on this. Personally, I believe Nintendo's greatest threat will be developers focusing on the PSP2 instead of the 3DS, but if they get good enough sales, I'm sure they'll stick with the 3DS as well.

3. Roy

Roy

I think the psp2 will be cool, but not as good as the 3ds.
    Simply because i don't think it will use 3d graphics as sony have said the tech isn't accurate enough.

4. chris

The only thing good about the psp is de big screen

5. GYNGA

I would add amazing graphics, big memory available, ability to customize themes, comfortable controls and nice design :)

6. chris

So its pretty much a medium sized yolk wit a big screen

7. GYNGA

Yeah, I agree its too big. You can put it in the pocket, but it's uncomfortable. That's what I liked in PSPGo. Its screen is smaller (but with the same resolution) and it has no buttons at the sides of the device, so you can put it in your pocket easily. I think that's why its name is GO, because you can carry it better.

8. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Weird. I'm having no luck editing it myself, either. Something must be up with the forum configuration, which is beyond me as I'm only a mod, not an admin.

I saw this a few days ago and wondered whether it was worth writing about it over on the main site. I don't think a PSP2 could beat out the 3DS, though; it will have had too great a head start by then and besides, have you seen where all the third-parties have already gone? That's right: to Nintendo.

9. GYNGA

And what do you think about that rumor that says that PSP2 will have a touch-sesnsitive at the back of the device? It should help on aiming or controlling the camera when playing games. In my opinion it is nice feature which is new in handheld consoles and should be quite accurate. It would be something new from SONY because it looks like they are just copying now. I hope to see this feature in PSP2.

10. Supper

The comments are on there are pretty heavily biased, but that aside, the PSP2 will be interesting since the PSP failed at its task to overthrow the DS. The thing is, Nintendo can make super powerful consoles, but that will bring the price up too much, and they will lose many customers. We have already seen this with the early PS3 and PSP.

11. GYNGA

So you think all customers that buys Nintendo consoles is just for that it is cheaper?

12. Supper

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm thinking that for many gamers, price is an important factor in buying consoles, along with games, graphics, innovative features, and power. The PSP's graphics and specs were miles ahead of the DS' , but they had poor sales at launch. On the other hand, the DS was a surefire seller. I said that MANY potential customer will be lost if the price is exorbitant, not ALL customers.

13. GYNGA

A lot of rumors in the internet showed last few days that says that PSP2 dev kits are in developers hands. If this information is right then we should see new handheld in 6 - 9 months :)

14. GYNGA

Yesterday two new images of a PSP2 dev kit showed on the internet.

The shots clearly show the device’s forward- and rear-facing cameras, as well as two Boom-Boomog sticks and the much-discussed trackpad on the rear of the unit.

Note that this isn’t the console’s final form factor. As you can see, some developers are working with a kit with similar construction to a PSP go at the moment – see the update below – with a sliding screen over physical controls. We don’t know when the final physical spec will be nailed down, only that this isn’t it.

Read more here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Ahytys

Uhm the design is quite similar to the psp go, which makes sense...

16. xemnas

it looks so familiar to me but why? if you can only buy the games online like the psp go it will fail and the thumbsticks look tiny it may be a fake because bits of it to me look just to familiar from other consoles well that is the sony way ha well it looks like they saw what nintendo did with their slide pad how they curved it in add decided to follow their example

17. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    If it is download only, i'll bite them! >:}

18. Ahytys

It probably will be....

19. GYNGA

I think it will read memory cards like 3DS. Or it will have both - games in mem cards and online shop, so instead of two models (PSP2 and PSP Go) they could have 2in1. They would avoid problems that they have now, when PSPGo owners can't have games they like because some of the games (for example Kingdom Hearts: BbS) were released just in UMD but not in PSN Store. And they could develop only-download content at the same time.
    And when download-able games will get popular, Sony will have their lead here against other companies.

20. GYNGA

A new trailer have been released. You can take a look at it here
    And it shows PSP2 in white! It's so cute :eek: My PSP was white and this one looks even better. I just hope they fixed problem that PSP's white Boom-Boomog-stick had - it was collecting dirt very easily.

I watched some trailer/demos of 3DS few days ago, it's also so cool! I just wish I could have them both :|

21. jaydogg

We know the NPG would be white from day one, it was in the videos at the Playstation meeting. And, I'm buying both.

22. GYNGA

Stingy Gamer reports PSP2 price in UK - £250. It's only £30 more than 3DS :confused:

Full article:
    StingyGamer.com

23. 0003mg

I am hearing that it will $299.99 here in America. That's about $50 more.

24. GYNGA

I guess 3DS is a bit (or maybe a lot?) overpriced. In comparison with NGP its specs are much lower, stereoscopic screen doesn't cost much, though. I guess 3DS could cost about $200.