1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Play station and other console similarities

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Dannyboy, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Dannyboy

Has anyone else noticed how similar most of the PS3 equipment is such as play station move uses what are basically wii remotes and have put lights on the top of it, the driving wheel is extremely similar to the wii wheel and I'm sure there are others so post here if you agree and if you find any other similarities:cool::cool::cool:

2. OthelloIII

Well, I would have to disagree there, sure the actual concept of motion control is the same but how many different standard shapes of motion controller do you expect there to be? and how would you expect driving wheels to be different from one another?

This is akin to saying that ninty stole the idea of using CD's as their medium from playstation and microsoft... I honestly don't understand where you're coming from here mate.

Perhaps I've misunderstood your point, if so please correct me.

3. Dannyboy

4. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    They're just trying to stick with the changes in the market. All companies do it. It's just that Nintendo happened to be making most of the changes these past couple of years.

5. GYNGA

6. volvagia333

volvagia333 INACTIVE

Ey, who stole the Boom-Boomog stick in the first place?
    Sony did, the ps1 controler didnĀ“t have Boom-Boomog stick until they relised that the nintendo 64s controler was better!

7. will

sayin that nintendo copied sony by useing discs is like saying sony copied nintedo by useing a d pad or being able to save game.

8. GYNGA

I was sarcastic for sure :) Sure that companies are copying various features from other companies. That's why now all mobile phones has cameras, that's why now all console controllers has slide pads, that's why now all cars has GPS systems, that's why all the consoles will have motion controllers in the future, that's why all consoles will have 3D games in the future.

Sony copied slide pad from Nintendo, PC controller makers copied from them both and wuala - all the controllers nowadays has slide pads. The same will be with motion controls, 3D games etc.

But still I don't like what Sony have done with Playstation Move. It looks cheap and ridiculous with these blue/pink bubbles on the top. I can't understand how they could release it. Instead of copy Wii's motion controller and make it better they made it worse (I don't know is it comfortable, but its design is disastrous).

I like what Microsoft did with Kinect. The idea is the same, but device looks totally different and in fact is more futuristic than Wii's system.

9. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    I agree. I liked Microsoft because at least they didn't create the exact same thing as they're competitor. I know Sony doesn't always, but look at Move, it's the exact same thing but with gum balls on top.

10. GYNGA

I've taken a look at some Move reviews and comparisons Move with Wii/Move with Kinect and I changed my mind. Almost all of them said that Move is technically good and is better than Wii remote and even Kinect. Move is lighter and more comfortable than Wii remote. And that bubbles is quite good add. And Move is technically much better than Wii remote. Those who already bought Move system also says that it is amazing.

In comparisons with Kinect, which you could try at various game shows, oftenly also wins Move, because Kinect works quite badly, often loses connection and it's more comfortable to play when you have controller in your hands.

11. will

yeah but its still a complete copy

12. GYNGA

Not a complete copy. Wii remote doesn't have those ridiculous light bubbles :D