1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Paper mario 3ds

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Dannyboy, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Dannyboy

OK Lately I have been going through what games have been confirmed and now I am on paper mario so I want to know what you want included in it. It can be anything go wild with it. :) :cool:

2. chris

Does anyone not think this game might be a bit wierd? Paper is 2d but since this will be in 3d how will they work it out. I dont understand it at all

3. GYNGA

Why it should be weird? You think that 2D games (from side) can't be in 3D? I think one objects will be closer to us, and the others farer. I haven't really played Paper Mario, if I'm wrong then please correct me :)

4. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Wow. I wonder how many more people will mistake Paper Mario for being a 2D game. Save for the Wii one, Super Paper Mario, the series has always taken place in a fully 3D environment. The "paper" in the name comes from this 3D environment appearing to be built out of, well, paper. For instance, building walls are only a hairline in thickness.

What's interesting about the games, though, is that they construct puzzles and stuff around these papery qualities. For instance, in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (which I just beat yesterday, actually :D), Mario can fold himself up into a paper airplane and fly across chasms and such. He has several more abilities like this. Also, when you enter a building, all of its walls appear to unfold and fall away from you to reveal what's inside (kinda like when you open up a dollhouse). It's all these "papery" effects that everyone thinks will look great in 3D.

5. GYNGA

Oh... That's how it is. I think the word "paper" is what it makes people think it is 2D :D

6. Supper

I loved Paper Mario TTYD, hence my avatar and location, and this game will definitely be a day one buy for me! :D

7. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Exactly how I feel! I just beat Chapter 3 and I'm at the Creepy Steeple. I've beaten this game about five times already, and I've beaten the original Paper Mario at LEAST 10 times! XD I wonder what abilities and partners will be in this. . . we already know there will be a Chain Chomp (either that, or that partner was a test partner). . . .

8. Supper

Ooohhhh, the Creepy Steeple creeped me out! But I do like how the boo sends you a letter afterwards! :p Maybe you can befriend a number of different "enemy" partners in the game. (Chain Chomp is a classic enemy, but he appears to be partners w/ Mario)

9. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Yeah! An Atomic Boo as a partner=o_O Enemies would be running away so fast! XD Maybe that would be a bit too powerful. . . I like the parts where you play as Bowser and annihilate the enemies, eating drumsticks and getting HUGE!! By "Maybe you can befriend a number of different "enemy" partners in the game. (Chain Chomp is a classic enemy, but he appears to be partners w/ Mario)", did you mean like the Lakilester fight in the Nintendo 64 Paper Mario?

10. Supper

I would love those parts where you play as the different characters to come back! Yeah, maybe it could be like that, where you beat the enemy then he befriends you!