1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

New Website Feature - Game Comments

Discussion in 'Website Feedback + Community' started by Adam, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    Every 3DS game now has a place you can talk about it. Go to our full list of 3DS games, click a game and you should see a text box to start a conversation in. I've only just finished putting it together so I hope some of you in here can start the conversations going.

I thought I'd finished getting it to work 3 hours ago, then I released it didn't work with games which have an apostrohphe in the title (don't ask why). I've fixed that but if you spot any other problems, please let me know.

Adam

2. Ahytys

Nice one Adam!

3. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

It didn't work with games that didn't have apostrophes in them?! I was laughing so hard when you read that (I just like random humor)! I'll see what it's like (I bet it will be good)!

4. chris

good job adam. Im going over there now

5. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    Thanks. It's good to see some comments starting in the new sections.

6. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Wow, that looks great, Adam! I've found one issue with the feature so far, though: I'm unable to edit any of the comments made on games, including my own (I'm also unable to approve certain comments; I have no idea why). I'm also still missing the permissions to edit your posts.

Here's a little suggestion, btw: how about adding a widget in the sidebar (or some code on the games page) that lists the most recent comments on the site (or just on the games)?

7. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    Are you able to edit comments on normal posts? Maybe a Wordpress update has changed permissions of editors or something. I'll look into it again.

I've never liked those side bar widgets showing latest comments. It's usually only a few words of a comment and those few words rarely grab my attention enough to want to read the full thing. Then again, for people who come here daily and want to see where there are new comments, it could be a useful feature. I'll have a think about it.