1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

New Commenting Features

Discussion in 'Website Feedback + Community' started by Adam, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    We've got a few new comments on the main site. Let me know what you think.

Comments are threaded (so you can see who is replying to who), get notifications of replies by email, send replies by email, get a commenter profile and get reputation points. That means, if you leave a very good comment, it could earn you reputation points, and you can subscribe to direct replies and you’ll be emailed whenever someone responds.

You can log in using your Facebook or Twitter account which is cool. You can also use that feature to share your comment on Facebook.

I can now block people who aren’t nice to make this place even friendlier if we need to.

On the downside, pages take a bit longer to load but I’ve done a bit of work so hopefully you won’t notice it (or you wouldn’t have if I hadn’t just mentioned it). Also the Facebook thing sometimes causes an error message to happen with Internet Explorer. If you’re suffering these messages, please let me know.

Finally, you can use this http://www.nintendo3ds.org.uk/recent-comments/ to catch up with what people have been saying, as well as a little bit on the sidebar which shows you the 5 most recent comments.

2. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    Whydo you need t wait for someone to "o.k" you messages? Also the facebook button usualy doesnt work and sometimes it wont even come up! by the way im using google chrome not internet explorer....I miss the old site...

3. Ahytys

Looks nice! ;)

4. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

All the new commenting features look great! I noticed that trackbacks started showing up again, though; they look kinda ugly. I'm also no longer able to moderate comments - it tells me that I don't own the blog; seems my permissions are disappearing everywhere now. :confused:

Also, it seems it supports WordPress.com accounts, too; it automatically logged me into mine. :p

5. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    The Facebook buttons have been a real pain for me but once you get logged in it works ok. If people start sharing things on Facebook I'll keep them there, if not, I'll take them out.

Before comments were automatically shown if you'd had comments approved before. Now they are automatically shown if other users have given you thumbs ups.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've got rid of the trackbacks and I've given you moderator permissions on comments.

6. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I don't O.K. messages. . . . (Yes, I take every opportunity to make that joke. >_<)

I like the look of the comment system, Adam!

P.S. Adam, in your reason for editing, it says, "Er, why isn't that quote working. Can someone contact the admin to get this fixed?" Aren't you the admin? :confused: But the reason why it's not working is that at the end of the quote, it should be "[noparse][/QUOTE][/noparse]", not "[noparse]

7. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    3lol haha good one Someone.

Oh yeah, well spotted that I'd missed the "/". Yeah, I am admin but maybe you should take over.

8. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

No way! I would be editing every single post that doesn't have punctuation, or ones that have misspelled words! Plus, you were the person who created this site; speaking of which, when did you make it?

9. Feld0

That's not the point of editing posts.

Adam created this site on March 23, the day the 3DS was announced. Here's the very first post on it. Historic stuff.

10. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Exactly why I shouldn't be a mod/admin! XD Nice link, albeit one that has few comments. It doesn't seem like it was only that short a time ago; it seems like it's been a year or two! o_O

11. Homer Fanboy

93%
    wow! this site is getting pretty old! but will become of this site after everyone gets a 3DS

12. Feld0

Then we're going to write the best independent 3DS game reviews in the industry, that's what.

And someday, when the 3DS is old and we're looking at its successor (expect that to happen in 5-8 years), you can be sure we'll switch gears to that.

13. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Wow. . . five years. . . by that time I'll be out of high school! o_O

14. Homer Fanboy

93%
    I'll be in my last year of high school!!

15. Ahytys

Guys... you're so young xDD