1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

I've just Pre-ordered a PlayStation Move - I never learn

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Adam, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    I've got caught up in the hype and bought a PS Move. I've bought it for the same reason as the Wii Balance Board. It doesn't have any games I want it for, I'm just hoping something good will come out. More importantly, I'm just curious. I don't think they ever made any games that justified the price of the Balance Board but I never learn.

At least PS Move is supported by two of my favourite games, LittleBigPlanet and Heavy Rain, although I don't think it will add that much to the games. It also comes with some demos which will be enough to get the novelty factor out of them without having to buy full games.

I'm even more curious about Kinect but I'm not £125 curious.

What are your views on PS Move and Kinect?

2. chris

Its basically a copy of the wii with a blue light at the top of it

3. jl32194

I pre-ordered the playstation move, and I am waiting for it to come out. It doesn't have many games out now, but later on, it will probably have some good games come out later.

4. will

kinect looks okay but move is just a silly looking wii controller all they did was take a wii controller and add a glowing pom pom on the end.

5. Roy

Roy

I don't think move will offer anything new, but kinect (although pricey) looks like it could be pretty good if used with an xbox controler. I mean gesture controlled squad commands, come on.

6. Qaiz

Meh, its all gimicks.

It will be fun to use, but you wont miss out on much if you opt out and you will save your self a ton of cash.

I rather play with a controller, the Wii was different, it was new. PS move is just Sony trying to gain Nintendo's ground and get some casual gamers. The games that have PS Move capabilities will also have Dual Shock 3 compatibility, part from a few Move exclusive games like the Wii kick offs,...have fun tho :)

7. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    I felt cheated that the Wii's gimmick didn't work as well as it looked in the adverts so I feel Sony deserves some of my money too.

8. kallumsmarties

i cba with move nore kinect ready aint seen anything ace for it there nothing big towards it though there not a massive change like 3ds no offence but im still caught on the 3ds due to tht

9. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Back when it was still known as Project Natal, I thought Kinect was truly a great step forward in not just gaming, but technology in general, too. I even designed an autonomous modular passenger road vehicle that utilized Kinect as its core technology to see and make sense of its surroundings accurately so it can drive together on the same roads as human drivers safely and quickly.

After the E3 '10 demonstration, though, I lost all hope for Kinect. It doesn't look like it's gonna be very successful because hardcore gamers (the overwhelming majority of Xbox 360 owners) have lost interest in it and the price is too steep for casual gamers (who typically don't already own a 360) to splurge and buy it.

As for PS Move...even if it does work better and more accurately than the Wii Remote, I and almost everyone else out there will forever shun it because it's clearly just this:

Yeah.

10. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    I think Microsoft are hoping to bring new players to the console more than sell it to hardcore gamers. I think that because Kinect is £120 on it's own but with a new Xbox, it's only £50 more than the standard price.

I'll let you know what I think of PS Move later this week.

11. Zaros

Killzone 3.

12. GYNGA

As I watched reviews of Move and comparisons with Wii remote/Kinect in almost all of them Move wins. So I think you didn't made a mistake by pre-ordering Move, Adam.

13. GYNGA

Don't you have your Move system yet? I'm looking forward to hear your opinion about it, Adam.

14. jl32194

I have Move, and it is great. It is fun and very playable. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have many games for it. Yeah Sports Champions is fun, but a Move compatible Bioshock or Infamous game would be amazing.

15. GYNGA

Because it is very new. I think game developers now should support Move in their upcoming games. I imagine that shooters should be fantastic with it.

16. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    Sorry about not posting about it. I actually got my Move a day before it was released. I was even going to do one of those unboxing videos but I just didn't have the time. I'm going just echo what everyone else says really. It's great fun. The novelty of seeing myself on the screen holding something which isn't really there hasn't worn off. The downside of course is that there aren't any games I want for it yet. It needs a killer game to go with it.

17. Scytheraz

Ms. Mowz

I love playstation move, its so good!