1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

"It's our fault for being too positive about the 3DS that it's priced the way it is."

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Helping, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Helping

2. Supper

Keep in mind that unless you're in Japan, you still don't have a definite price for the 3DS.

3. Helping

Yeah, I know, just reporting.

4. GYNGA

Yeah, we were too positive :(

5. Axis

This is Sick and Wrong..
    THey shud Decrease it so That EVN MORE people buy it!
    Is Iwata Retarded?

6. Roy

Roy

Everyone knows the 3ds is epic fail anyway, it sucks so bad.
    *please work!

7. Helping

Hahaha! that should work.

8. Dannyboy

What are you on about I think the 3ds is being priced quite reasonably considering the fact that every DS goes up in price and this is a DS and a new console at the same time. Also consider the new things which are included I think it is well worth it :)

9. Qaiz

I think you guys are taking it a bit too literal.

Nintendo are a company, they have to make profits. This doesn't mean that they priced it high just for more money, but they priced it accordingly with the trends.

Nintendo even said they priced the Wii a bit too low and wished they charged more, same with the DS.

Everything you buy is priced this way. Nothing is priced on value of the produce, but on the value you hold for it.

I mean look at gold, its juts a metal, but it sells at high prices due to how much customers value it.

Plus he's probably talking about the Japanese pricing, which is always high.

Chill guys

10. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I don't buy gold exactly for that reason, well, also because it's SO EXPENSIVE!

Japanese pricing is usually ¥100=$1, so ¥25,000=$250, or around that much. Hopefully that estimate is right, because I'm not buying it if it's really expensive, no matter how reasonably priced it is.

11. Supper

If they're trying to find a good middle ground between pulling a PS3 or a Wii, I think 250 dollars at launch for the 3DS is a good start.

12. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Yeah, a lot of people probably wouldn't buy it if it was $300--the price it would be to get a Wii and a game--but would buy it if it was $50 cheaper!

13. Supper

Nintendo wants to get as much money out of this as possible also, so low pricing is not an option. By the way, a 300 dollar 3DS would now be a Wii with 3 games- Wii Sports Resort and two others.

14. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Oh, and that's also including the two controllers that came with the Wii. I haven't bought a Wii remote since they are so expensive: four Wii remotes+nunchuks+Wii Motion Plus=$236. That means you could buy another Wii with that money, and it would only take out $14 more than buying all that. I really hope they lower the price a bit, anyway!

15. Supper

Wii Remotes aren't THAT expensive, especially when Xbox 360 and PS3 controllers are 50 dollars each while the WiiMote is only 40 dollars. They will also soon be making the Wii Remote Plus which will have WiiMotionPlus built in, so that will lower the cost of controllers also.

16. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Yeah, I'm glad they will (probably) reduce the price! The 360's controllers are ~$50? o_O

17. Roy

Roy

I think I'll wait till a price drop till I buy one.
    Because me haz no moniez

18. Supper

Good luck waiting! The DS took about two years until it got a price drop, (DS to DS Lite: 150 to 130 dollars) so expect the 3DS' price to drop around that time if sales are strong.

19. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

EVERYONE! Don't buy a 3DS so they'll lower the prices! (Just kidding, like that would happen!)